The Democrats want to racially gerrymander Texas....again

Good. Gerrymandering has got to be addressed regardless of who is doing it.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

that this is even news

Illinois does it all the time, no headlines, PA does it once, national news, dems do it and....
Dems did it in MD and it is before the Supreme Court.
never heard of it.

You'd think npr would have mentioned it, I listen to their news and not one peep.

wonder why...

I listen to them as well. It is where I heard it.

Frustrated Supreme Court Looks For A Solution To Partisan Gerrymandering

that this is even news

Illinois does it all the time, no headlines, PA does it once, national news, dems do it and....
never heard of it.

You'd think npr would have mentioned it, I listen to their news and not one peep.

wonder why...

I listen to them as well. It is where I heard it.

Not a peep here, maybe it's kept local, not sure, but I do know the PA event went national.

that this is even news

never heard of it.

wonder why...

Listen to more NPR...

Texas gerrymandering case before Supreme Court could change state's political map

Texas Democrats want race based congressional districts and the Supreme Court has ruled against them twice already. The Racist Democrats will never be happy.

If you only had a brain you could explain more..But since you're a hit-n-run poster let me help.
Gerrymandering can only be done by legislation...Now explain to us all how the dems who are a minority have redrawn congressional representation voting blocks..

WASHINGTON – Once again came the state of Texas before the Supreme Court, arguing over the validity and good faith with which its state legislature drew up its redistricting maps. It is not often that you see all nine justices of the Supreme Court affect the general mien of, “Christamighty, isn’t this fish dead yet?” (Boredom is often difficult to discern on Mr. Justice Thomas, but we’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.) Some brief background, then, before we get to Tuesday’s proceedings and how we came to them.
In 2011, as a result of the 2010 state elections and using the results of the 2010 census, and in keeping with the sudden Republican majorities that had been returned in a great number of states across, the country, the Texas legislature drew up a map designed to dilute the political power of the state’s rising minority populations. (In the first decade of the 21st century, Hispanics and African-Americans made up 90 percent of the state’s population growth. Something had to be done!)
The Supreme Court's Gerrymandering Case Saw The Justices Behave in Rare Form

Forum List

Back