7 States With Highest Tax Burden...What do They Have in Common?

I am moving from Virginia to Florida. I will get a $10,000 bonus check each year because I wont pay a state income tax anymore.....Live in a high state tax state, you deserve to be taxed to death...

I lived in Fla, they make up for the lack of income tax with extra tax on everything else. You will still pay that 10,000, it will just be in tiny increments

A better standard of living? A higher GDP? Better education?

NYC has better education?

LOLOLOLOL.

Unless of course you are in one of those gentrified neighborhoods, or have a sweet charter school hookup.

Or can afford to send your kids to private school.

Better than many states with a lower tax burden. Better than Florida with its zero state tax.

You got data to back that up?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

NY is 31st while FL is 40th.

Your link says florida is 7th.

Better schools, better transportation, public facilities, better quality of life

Damn blue states

Yes, the current status of roads and transit in NYC 100% justifies the high taxes there......

Nah, the Mayor is more worried about bitching about private property rights then being efficient in government.

How much of our higher burden is owed pension costs and bloated government agency costs?

The current status of roads is a problem going back half a century. The mayor doesn’t control transit. That would be the future democratic nominee for president

LOLOLOLOL.

Unless of course you are in one of those gentrified neighborhoods, or have a sweet charter school hookup.

Better than many states with a lower tax burden. Better than Florida with its zero state tax.

Your link says florida is 7th.

That is overall. Pre-k thru 12th...you know, the "free" schools, Florida is 40, NY 31.

LOLOLOLOL.

Wow, we pay tons more money for a whole 11 spots......

Meanwhile Utah is high up there and I doubt they spend more $$ per pupil then NY does...

I would imagine the difference has to do with population. A thank you would have killed you? You asked for data, I gave it, but all you can do is bitch that you're only 11 spots above Florida? (It's 9, not 11 by the way. You go to Florida or New York schools?)

It's what happens when you reply quick.

And thanks for the useless data.

Better schools, better transportation, public facilities, better quality of life

Damn blue states

Yes, the current status of roads and transit in NYC 100% justifies the high taxes there......

Nah, the Mayor is more worried about bitching about private property rights then being efficient in government.

How much of our higher burden is owed pension costs and bloated government agency costs?

The current status of roads is a problem going back half a century. The mayor doesn’t control transit. That would be the future democratic nominee for president

Fine the Governor is messing up transit.

All this $$, where does it go?

Okay, and?

New York has 2nd highest GDP per capita, Oregon has 21st highest, Maryland 11th highest, Minnesota has the 14th highest, California the 8th highest, Massachusetts the 1st highest, Connecticut the 3rd highest.

What a surprise that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd highest states have higher taxes which they spend on stuff that helps them get richer......

21st is the lowest.

Damn blue states

Hahaha....I love the...”But, but, but.....GDP!” bunch of LefTard bullshit....GDP does not translate into shit for your precious illegals and bottom feeders...you know this but you still cry out “GDP!”
In one post you whackos proclaim to hate financial inequality then in the next post you use the success of the elites to boast about GDP while the majority of your constituents live like human cockroaches....FUNNY SHIT!

Okay, and?

New York has 2nd highest GDP per capita, Oregon has 21st highest, Maryland 11th highest, Minnesota has the 14th highest, California the 8th highest, Massachusetts the 1st highest, Connecticut the 3rd highest.

What a surprise that the 1st, 2nd, 3rd highest states have higher taxes which they spend on stuff that helps them get richer......

21st is the lowest.

Damn blue states

Hahaha....I love the...”But, but, but.....GDP!” bunch of LefTard bullshit....GDP does not translate into shit for your precious illegals and bottom feeders...you know this but you still cry out “GDP!”
In one post you whackos proclaim to hate financial inequality then in the next post you use the success of the elites to boast about GDP while the majority of your constituents live like human cockroaches....FUNNY SHIT!

And what do taxes mean for illegals exactly?

How many illegals are paying federal income tax?

There's two problems here. First of all, the link only talks about income taxes. That's too watered down. Sales taxes and property taxes also need to be taken into consideration. In some states, certain "fees" are heavily used as an end around tax without being formally labeled as taxes. And then there's speed cameras, and other avenues of revenue that only exist as an alternate form of separating citizens from their money. All of these things should be factored in.

Second problem is that all you seem to be demonstrating is that Democrat heavy states enact Democrat policies. If that surprises you then it might be time to stop drinking so much.

I am moving from Virginia to Florida. I will get a $10,000 bonus check each year because I wont pay a state income tax anymore.....Live in a high state tax state, you deserve to be taxed to death...
You may need some that $10K to cover the 33% higher property taxes in Florida vs Virginia. Enjoy your free lunch.
Try again tard...The common wealth tax makes my $600,000 house around $10,000. My house in Florida at $1,000,000 is only $6,000. Are you a common core graduate also?

Okay, and?

21st is the lowest.

Damn blue states

I think you missed the point...it’s clearly shown in Mexifornia and Loon York....A states GDP means absolutely nothing to the bulk of your constituency as 20-30% of the population in Mexifornia live like disgusting thirdworlders do.

Okay, and?

21st is the lowest.

Damn blue states

If they are paying taxes that must mean they stole a social security number from someone else.. I guess you are okay with that?

LOLOLOLOL.

NYC isn't a state. The highest earners in New York mostly live in the city. As a result tax dollars flow out of the city and into those gentrified suburban and rural areas to provide education funding. So you may be right. But not for the reasons you're alleging.

Okay, and?

21st is the lowest.

Damn blue states

I think you missed the point...it’s clearly shown in Mexifornia and Loon York....A states GDP means absolutely nothing to the bulk of your constituency as 20-30% of the population in Mexifornia live like disgusting thirdworlders do.

No, the point seems to be that you're coming up with childish names.....

When you grow up, maybe we can talk.

You may need some that $10K to cover the 33% higher property taxes in Florida vs Virginia. Enjoy your free lunch.
Try again tard...The common wealth tax makes my $600,000 house around $10,000. My house in Florida at $1,000,000 is only $6,000. Are you a common core graduate also?
Not according to what I found. The mean effective property tax rate for Virginia is 0.78% while in Florida it is 1.06%.
property_taxes-01.png

I wouldn't expect a windfall since you are moving from 41st highest tax burden state to the 47th.

Forum List

Back