7 States Sue over Contraception Mandate. It's not just the Catholics, OBUMMER!

[
You turned down a job at Facebook because the company was too small and the health insurance was laughable? I bet you feel really stupid right now, don't you?

In that hypothetical, no, I wouldn't.

I mean, I can pretend that it's the highlight of my day when my company announces they've done this or that, but it really doesn't change anything for me, does it?

Do you think those few office temps who worked at Facebook are all multi-millionaires now? Or more likely, they were just replaced with people from India who worked cheaper.

Are you not getting health insurance? Have you ever heard of looking for another job?

Wait, you are the idiot that thinks that once you go to work for a company they own you, don't you. They can promise to send you to the moon, and when you find out they lied, there is nothing you can do about it.

Until we get this country back to realizing its the workers and consumers who made it what it is, not the parasites.

The point was, that you missed is I held up my end of the bargain. I came to work, did my job, and so on. Everything I promised to do, I did.

They promised health care. Until I actually needed health care. And first the insurance company fought me every step of the way. Had to delay one operation for a month because the manager couldn't let me off for one day for an out-patient procedure.

Getting rid of employer-provided health insurance would be great for no other reason than it will limit the power they have over our lives.

:cuckoo:You can change employers, you can sue employers you can sue the government you favor unaccountable government bureaucrats please...You should get up there and stand behind Obama when he gives one of his anti-business speech’s you’re a fool

Simple enough solution.

Universal Health Care. Get employers out of the picture altogether.

The notion I could be denied medical treatment because my employer is a religious fanatic is kind of frightening.

Hey, let's do it according to Darwin: no healthcare for anyone that can't pay for it. Survival of the fitest/evolution on parade done scientifically!
hmmmm, sounds like you'd love it to be that way, those with money can have their medical needs taken care of and those without the means...well, they are crud out of luck..... that's sad Logical, very sad....

Sadly, that this kind of thinking has found a home in the GOP.

You see, this is where I think the GOP has gotten off the track. the notion of self-reliance is a wonderful one, but they've alligned themselves with people who think that the middle class is a big pain, and paying middle class salaries is just keeping them from owning more polo ponies.

So they create the very government dependence they disdain.

You bust your ass for an employer for 40 hours a week, and he tries to cheat you at every oppurtunity.

You vote for a Democrat, and there's no end of the stuff he's willing to do for you- with other people's money, of course.

I can feel the frustration of people who still do the busting your hump thing and watch those who are finding ways to game the system.

But the GOP has enabled those people.

:cuckoo:You can change employers, you can sue employers you can sue the government you favor unaccountable government bureaucrats please...You should get up there and stand behind Obama when he gives one of his anti-business speech’s you’re a fool

The thing is, we have these things called "elections", where the government bureaucrats are accountable.

They don't provide good service, we vote them out and get people who can.

Businesses are their own worst enemy in this fight. They've made their employees more loyal to the government...

Which is why the majority of Catholics are telling the Bishops to go pound sand on this one.

Hey, let's do it according to Darwin: no healthcare for anyone that can't pay for it. Survival of the fitest/evolution on parade done scientifically!
hmmmm, sounds like you'd love it to be that way, those with money can have their medical needs taken care of and those without the means...well, they are crud out of luck..... that's sad Logical, very sad....

Sadly, that this kind of thinking has found a home in the GOP.

You see, this is where I think the GOP has gotten off the track. the notion of self-reliance is a wonderful one, but they've alligned themselves with people who think that the middle class is a big pain, and paying middle class salaries is just keeping them from owning more polo ponies.

So they create the very government dependence they disdain.

You bust your ass for an employer for 40 hours a week, and he tries to cheat you at every oppurtunity.

You vote for a Democrat, and there's no end of the stuff he's willing to do for you- with other people's money, of course.

I can feel the frustration of people who still do the busting your hump thing and watch those who are finding ways to game the system.

But the GOP has enabled those people.

Shut- up with your pathetic whining I personally know a person who had no insurance had a heart attack was flow via medevac to Uof M hospital for emergency surgery no treatment? Give me a break

Whats truly needy anymore? When 52k a year qualifies for tanf (3 children)
proof...link please. showing that someone earning $52k a year with 3 children qualifies for TANF....

foodhelp.wa.gov - Basic Food

I have three foster children in my home. Try me.

The thing is, we have these things called "elections", where the government bureaucrats are accountable.

Businesses are their own worst enemy in this fight. They've made their employees more loyal to the government...

Which is why the majority of Catholics are telling the Bishops to go pound sand on this one.

Wrong..these bureaucrats are unelected and appointed, they stay there, they are not accountable you see?

Are you not getting health insurance? Have you ever heard of looking for another job?

Wait, you are the idiot that thinks that once you go to work for a company they own you, don't you. They can promise to send you to the moon, and when you find out they lied, there is nothing you can do about it.

Until we get this country back to realizing its the workers and consumers who made it what it is, not the parasites.

The point was, that you missed is I held up my end of the bargain. I came to work, did my job, and so on. Everything I promised to do, I did.

They promised health care. Until I actually needed health care. And first the insurance company fought me every step of the way. Had to delay one operation for a month because the manager couldn't let me off for one day for an out-patient procedure.

Getting rid of employer-provided health insurance would be great for no other reason than it will limit the power they have over our lives.

No one I ever worked for had any power over my life. Then again, I understand the concept of personal freedom.

Actually would prefer that Policies for Everyone were bought and paid for by the Individual. The first thing you will see after the Hospitals and Waiting Rooms empty out is a reduction in fee's.

[
You turned down a job at Facebook because the company was too small and the health insurance was laughable? I bet you feel really stupid right now, don't you?

In that hypothetical, no, I wouldn't.

I mean, I can pretend that it's the highlight of my day when my company announces they've done this or that, but it really doesn't change anything for me, does it?

Do you think those few office temps who worked at Facebook are all multi-millionaires now? Or more likely, they were just replaced with people from India who worked cheaper.

Now you are psychic, can you tell me why you didn't get a job at Facebook back when Zuckenberg first moved it out of his dorm room?

Wrong..these bureaucrats are unelected and appointed, they stay there, they are not accountable you see?

Exactly. They are very expensive Parasites too. :)

Shut- up with your pathetic whining I personally know a person who had no insurance had a heart attack was flow via medevac to Uof M hospital for emergency surgery no treatment? Give me a break

I'm happy for you. Not happy that I and everyone else is paying for that, because the costs are passed around, but, hey, I'm happy for you on that one.

Hey, since you love the Zionist entity so much, maybe we could adopt THEIR health plan.

Health care in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Health care in Israel is universal and participation in a medical insurance plan is compulsory. Health care coverage is administered by a small number of organizations, with funding from the government. All Israeli citizens are entitled to the same Uniform Benefits Package, regardless of which organization they are a member of, and treatment under this package is funded for all citizens regardless of their financial means. Generally, health care in Israel is of high-quality and is delivered in an efficient and effective manner. Partly as a result of this, at an overall 82 years, Israelis enjoy the fourth-longest life expectancy in the world as of 2010.

Oooh. Wait. Gee, that can't be right? Israel has socialized medicine?

"You see, this is where I think the GOP has gotten off the track. the notion of self-reliance is a wonderful one, but they've alligned themselves with people who think that the middle class is a big pain, and paying middle class salaries is just keeping them from owning more polo ponies."

This sums it up. At least this is the feeling that persists out there. Its the wealthy of this country versus the middle class. It has been since the 80's and the trend is growing. Too bad we cant meet in the middle but more towards the middle class. Its gonna be about class warfare.

Whats truly needy anymore? When 52k a year qualifies for tanf (3 children)
proof...link please. showing that someone earning $52k a year with 3 children qualifies for TANF....

Full Auto....THAT LINK is for Food Stamps in Washington state, IT IS NOT

TANF.

you said TANF, which is the welfare reformed welfare, that took place under clinton and gingrich....

NO ONE making 52k can qualify for TANF in all 50 states, if they make 52k with 3 children....

so it looks like you just mixed up programs...TANF is not food Stamps....

and it is your state gvt and not the Federal government, that chooses the income levels for food stamp qualification and you need to complain and fight your State on that if you disagree with it....and not the Federal gvt....

My State is not as "generous"

Actually would prefer that Policies for Everyone were bought and paid for by the Individual. The first thing you will see after the Hospitals and Waiting Rooms empty out is a reduction in fee's.

Okay. That's a common sense, Republican private enterprise solution.

That would never work.

Why?

Because people in their 20's would never buy insurance, and people in their 60's could never get a policy.

If companies just took what they were paying into the pool, and handed it as pay to their employees, the entire private insurance system would collapse, in about a week.

And my state is included God Bless her! :eusa_angel: Whoo hoo! :dance:

Seven state attorneys general sued the Obama administration Thursday over its order requiring some religious employers to cover birth control in their employees’ healthcare plans.

In the suit, the states argue that the White House infringed on the religious freedoms protected by the First Amendment.

“This violation of the [First] Amendment is a threat to every American, regardless of religious faith,” Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning said in a news release. “We will not stand idly by while our constitutionally guaranteed liberties are discarded by an administration that has sworn to uphold them.”The attorneys general from Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas also joined the lawsuit.
Seven states sue over contraception mandate - The Hill's Healthwatch

This is why Obama hates the Constitution. Because the Constitution allows States to fight back against an overreaching unConstitutional move like this!

I love it!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Glad to see that Texas is a part of this!

Michigan too!!! yay!

Exactly. They are very expensive Parasites too. :)

They are appointed by elected officials. Which means they have an interest in keeping the voters reasonably happy. the voter pays the bills.

I did have a problem with a government bureaucracy once. When I left the military in 1992, they tried to hold up some money they owed me. Some bureaucrat being a dick.

Which was fine, until I called my Congressman, and oddly enough, the problem got resolved in a week.

I'm happy for you. Not happy that I and everyone else is paying for that, because the costs are passed around, but, hey, I'm happy for you on that one.

Hey, since you love the Zionist entity so much, maybe we could adopt THEIR health plan.

Health care in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Health care in Israel is universal and participation in a medical insurance plan is compulsory. Health care coverage is administered by a small number of organizations, with funding from the government. All Israeli citizens are entitled to the same Uniform Benefits Package, regardless of which organization they are a member of, and treatment under this package is funded for all citizens regardless of their financial means. Generally, health care in Israel is of high-quality and is delivered in an efficient and effective manner. Partly as a result of this, at an overall 82 years, Israelis enjoy the fourth-longest life expectancy in the world as of 2010.

Oooh. Wait. Gee, that can't be right? Israel has socialized medicine?

Hey idiot it wasn't me I pay for my health insurance because I have a small business and the premiums have one way up since Obama care get a clue Israel has only 7.5 million people idiot

Last edited:

Full Auto....THAT LINK is for Food Stamps in Washington state, IT IS NOT

TANF.

you said TANF, which is the welfare reformed welfare, that took place under clinton and gingrich....

NO ONE making 52k can qualify for TANF in all 50 states, if they make 52k with 3 children....

so it looks like you just mixed up programs...TANF is not food Stamps....

and it is your state gvt and not the Federal government, that chooses the income levels for food stamp qualification and you need to complain and fight your State on that if you disagree with it....and not the Federal gvt....

My State is not as "generous"
Actually it is. Different program. Are you aware that Tanf covers so many different programs?

If I choose I could sign up for 500 a month and not list a single source of income. I dont because then the Parent ( my confused oldest daughter ) would be responsible for paying it back.

the EBT card issued covers it all.

No one I ever worked for had any power over my life. Then again, I understand the concept of personal freedom.

Horseshit. An employer could totally fuck up your life if he really wanted to.

Hypothetical situation you ran from like a sissy last time I talked to you about it. Your boss finds out your a crazy right wing asshole who posts on the internet, and she's a bleeding heart liberal. She fires you the next day. And whenever a new employer calls to ask what kind of worker you were, she'll imply heavily that you were a lazy sack of shit that spent the whole day on the internet instead of doing your job.

Which, by the way, from what I've seen here, probably isn't a stretch of the imagination. How much time do you spend here, anyway?

Now, you do have recourses, but they all involve the EEEEvil Gubment you hate some much.

Forum List

Back