7 States Sue over Contraception Mandate. It's not just the Catholics, OBUMMER!

Wrong..these bureaucrats are unelected and appointed, they stay there, they are not accountable you see?

Exactly. They are very expensive Parasites too. :)

They are appointed by elected officials. Which means they have an interest in keeping the voters reasonably happy. the voter pays the bills.

I did have a problem with a government bureaucracy once. When I left the military in 1992, they tried to hold up some money they owed me. Some bureaucrat being a dick.

Which was fine, until I called my Congressman, and oddly enough, the problem got resolved in a week.

Then you have veterans benefits, you can go to the VA

Oooh. Wait. Gee, that can't be right? Israel has socialized medicine?

Hey idiot it wasn't me I pay for my health insurance because I have a small business and the premiums have one way up since Obama care get a clue Israel has only 7.s million people idiot

Well, those billions of dollars we send to Israel every year, probably helps them live large.

It really is a "welfare state".

So are you telling me that the costs of premiums weren't going up under Bush?

http://ehbs.kff.org/images/abstract/7791.pdf

In fact, the cost of health insurance DOUBLED under Bush, but somehow, I bet you weren't on here or anywhere else whining about it.

Not that this is Bush or Obama's fault, really.

They are appointed by elected officials. Which means they have an interest in keeping the voters reasonably happy. the voter pays the bills.

I did have a problem with a government bureaucracy once. When I left the military in 1992, they tried to hold up some money they owed me. Some bureaucrat being a dick.

Which was fine, until I called my Congressman, and oddly enough, the problem got resolved in a week.

Yeah, but you see, I have this funny kind of morality that says those resources ought to be for the guys and gals who are coming back missing legs or with concussions or you know, things more serious than the paper cuts I used to get filling out DA Form 4697.

So you are criticizing me for NOT sponging off the government? I'm getting a bit confused following your arguments.

You hate Government, you hate socialized medicine, but you think that we should support the Welfare State of Israel so enthusastically and veterans should go to the VA even if they aren't having health problems related to their service.

Yeah, but you see, I have this funny kind of morality that says those resources ought to be for the guys and gals who are coming back missing legs or with concussions or you know, things more serious than the paper cuts I used to get filling out DA Form 4697.

So you are criticizing me for NOT sponging off the government? I'm getting a bit confused following your arguments.

You hate Government, you hate socialized medicine, but you think that we should support the Welfare State of Israel so enthusastically and veterans should go to the VA even if they aren't having health problems related to their service.

If you served you are entiltled to those benefits.

Hey idiot it wasn't me I pay for my health insurance because I have a small business and the premiums have one way up since Obama care get a clue Israel has only 7.s million people idiot

Well, those billions of dollars we send to Israel every year, probably helps them live large.

In fact, the cost of health insurance DOUBLED under Bush, but somehow, I bet you weren't on here or anywhere else whining about it.

it's the federal govenrments fault and Obama wants to build on the failure. Get a clue whack job:cuckoo:

Besides being kind of slimy by implying I didn't, I think you hit on the whole problem with a lot of government spending in general

"entitled"? Why should I be entitled to health care benefits for something I did 20 years ago? I mean, if was ever in a war zone, I might have an argument, but fortunately, I wasn't.

That's why we are 16 trillion in debt. Because we stopped calling things "charity" and started calling them "entitlements". So you have desk jockeys going to the VA hospital and old millionaires collecting fat checks from social security because we are "entitled" to them.

I think the VA SHOULD be there to take care of people who suffered adverse health conditions as a result of their service. But if you want to make it a golden ticket for anyone who ever wore a uniform, that's how you spend yourself into a hole, dumbass.

You sure you're not a liberal?

NO you are NOT entitled to those benefits....a soldier not serving a 20 year stint has to have a "service related disability" of 30% or greater to qualify for VA benefits.

it's the federal govenrments fault and Obama wants to build on the failure. Get a clue whack job:cuckoo:

No, it's the fault of the greed of medical and insurance industries... They know they can charge whatever they want, because people will pay it. The usual market forces usually don't apply.

This is why we spend 11% of all medical costs, about 200 Billion, simply extending the lives of terminally ill patients who are going to die, regardless. Because they can.

Oddly enough, Israel and all the other socialized medicine countries aren't really having these problems. And they live longer. And have a lower infant mortality rate.

Besides being kind of slimy by implying I didn't, I think you hit on the whole problem with a lot of government spending in general

"entitled"? Why should I be entitled to health care benefits for something I did 20 years ago? I mean, if was ever in a war zone, I might have an argument, but fortunately, I wasn't.

That's why we are 16 trillion in debt. Because we stopped calling things "charity" and started calling them "entitlements". So you have desk jockeys going to the VA hospital and old millionaires collecting fat checks from social security because we are "entitled" to them.

I think the VA SHOULD be there to take care of people who suffered adverse health conditions as a result of their service. But if you want to make it a golden ticket for anyone who ever wore a uniform, that's how you spend yourself into a hole, dumbass.

Three reasons why introducing means-testing into entitlements, as Paul Ryan has done, is a good thing

Three reasons why introducing means-testing into entitlements, as Paul Ryan has done, is a good thing - ConservativeHome's The Republican

You implied you couldn't get health care or you had to rely on your employer, now we know you are a liar.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

No, it's the fault of the greed of medical and insurance industries... They know they can charge whatever they want, because people will pay it. The usual market forces usually don't apply.

This is why we spend 11% of all medical costs, about 200 Billion, simply extending the lives of terminally ill patients who are going to die, regardless. Because they can.

Oddly enough, Israel and all the other socialized medicine countries aren't really having these problems. And they live longer. And have a lower infant mortality rate.

Is this thread about Israel?:cuckoo: The federal government already pays for almost 50% of health care cost in this country through Medicare, Medicaid ect..They manipulate the market. Competition will decrease price not, more federal government

Three reasons why introducing means-testing into entitlements, as Paul Ryan has done, is a good thing Three reasons why introducing means-testing into entitlements, as Paul Ryan has done, is a good thing - ConservativeHome's The Republican

You implied you couldn't get health care or you had to rely on your employer, now we know you are a liar.:eusa_whistle:

No, you inferred that. Obviously, you don't understand the concept of "imply" and "infer".

Point was, if Health Insurance is a condition of my employment, then I expect them to hold up their end of the bargain and not try to cheat me, which is pretty much what they did when I came to them with claims.

Actually, I question whether I could have gotten VA medical benefits, not serving a full 20 years or having a service related disability. I always had that on the back burner, but never applied for it. Simply, when I was done with the military in 1992, I was done. Never wanted to see that shit again for the rest of my life. Didn't really have any contact with the VA until 2004, when I got a VA Loan for my house.

I mean, fuck, I could not work and collect Medicare, if I wanted to. Not really a plan, though.

Now, I have no problem with Paul Ryan's reforms of Social Security. They aren't politcally viable, though... Even Republicans are running from them.

Is this thread about Israel?:cuckoo: The federal government already pays for almost 50% of health care cost in this country through Medicare, Medicaid ect..They manipulate the market. Competition will decrease price not, more federal government

If you fly the Zionazi Flag in your tag line, then I have to assume you think anything they do is wonderful. So how can you not think Socialized Medicine is wonderful if the Zionazis are doing it? And they live longer! 82 year Life expectancy compared to ours of 78.

The Federal Government pays 50% of health care costs because there's no business model where the private sector could make money insuring some people.

Seriously, who is going to write a policy for an 80 year old grandmother with health problems and no income?

Private insurance would work really well if we were all from 20-40 with no health issues. That's not the real world we live in .

Health insurance costs are increasing because the private sector has realized that they can charge more, and people will pay it. No one is going to let their child die because it would cost too much to save them. Insurance companies have started making these hard decisions, but it's brought them nothing but greif.

There's also the issues of there being more treatments being introduced and as a populate, we are getting demographically older. Nothing to do with government at all.

Three reasons why introducing means-testing into entitlements, as Paul Ryan has done, is a good thing

Three reasons why introducing means-testing into entitlements, as Paul Ryan has done, is a good thing - ConservativeHome's The Republican

It would be tough to introduce means-testing into Medicare, since Medicare has already incorporated means testing. Indeed, the dreaded Obamacare incorporated elements Ryan favored (before voting against them) such that now all parts of Medicare charging a premium are means-tested:

Medicare already features significant means testing for the wealthy. In fact, President Obama’s new proposal would only expand higher premiums for wealthy seniors first enacted under the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003. That law established higher Medicare Part B (doctor visits and outpatient services) premiums for individuals with $85,000 or more in annual income, and joint filers with income over $170,000.

The 2010 healthcare reform law expanded these income-related premiums to the Part D prescription drug benefit, and to the Part C Medicare Advantage program. Prior to passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the income thresholds were indexed to inflation annually to keep level the percentage of beneficiaries subject to the surcharge; the ACA froze the threshold at 2010 levels through 2019, starting this year.

That change will pull more seniors over the threshold over time. The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) estimates that five percent of Medicare enrollees are affected this year, a number that will rise to 14 percent by 2019.

The policy aims to help offset the cost of healthcare reform by reducing taxpayer subsidies on Medicare services for the affluent.

What Ryan advocated in 2009 Obama signed into law in 2010. That seemed to just make Ryan more irate.

Wrong..these bureaucrats are unelected and appointed, they stay there, they are not accountable you see?

Bureaucrats are not appointed by elected anything, and cannot be fired when a new administration comes in. Their only interest is expanding theor power base and making voters miserable.

No one I ever worked for had any power over my life. Then again, I understand the concept of personal freedom.

Horseshit. An employer could totally fuck up your life if he really wanted to.

Hypothetical situation you ran from like a sissy last time I talked to you about it. Your boss finds out your a crazy right wing asshole who posts on the internet, and she's a bleeding heart liberal. She fires you the next day. And whenever a new employer calls to ask what kind of worker you were, she'll imply heavily that you were a lazy sack of shit that spent the whole day on the internet instead of doing your job.

Which, by the way, from what I've seen here, probably isn't a stretch of the imagination. How much time do you spend here, anyway?

Now, you do have recourses, but they all involve the EEEEvil Gubment you hate some much.

I actually answered you the last time, go back and look.

Only if you think paying all your loans back on time is living large.

You are not entitled to them, you earned them. All veterans have access to VA health care for service related issues, and all veterans that have an honorable discharge can use the VA for other medical issues on a case by case basis.

I explained this to you once before, if the federal government had not frozen wages we would not have employer based health insurance. Go back and reread the post, you actually made sense when you responded to it.

It would be tough to introduce means-testing into Medicare, since Medicare has already incorporated means testing. Indeed, the dreaded Obamacare incorporated elements Ryan favored (before voting against them) such that now all parts of Medicare charging a premium are means-tested:

Medicare already features significant means testing for the wealthy. In fact, President Obama’s new proposal would only expand higher premiums for wealthy seniors first enacted under the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003. That law established higher Medicare Part B (doctor visits and outpatient services) premiums for individuals with $85,000 or more in annual income, and joint filers with income over $170,000.

The 2010 healthcare reform law expanded these income-related premiums to the Part D prescription drug benefit, and to the Part C Medicare Advantage program. Prior to passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the income thresholds were indexed to inflation annually to keep level the percentage of beneficiaries subject to the surcharge; the ACA froze the threshold at 2010 levels through 2019, starting this year.

That change will pull more seniors over the threshold over time. The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) estimates that five percent of Medicare enrollees are affected this year, a number that will rise to 14 percent by 2019.

The policy aims to help offset the cost of healthcare reform by reducing taxpayer subsidies on Medicare services for the affluent.
What Ryan advocated in 2009 Obama signed into law in 2010. That seemed to just make Ryan more irate.

Ryan voted against Obamacare as a whole, Congresscritters cannot vote for one part of a bill and against another. Want to try again?

Read the plans before you comment..

The proposal strengthens this important retirement program and makes it sustainable for the long term.

•Preserves the existing Social Security program for those 55 or older.
•Offers workers under 55 the option of investing over one third of their current Social Security taxes into personal retirement accounts, similar to the Thrift Savings Plan available to Federal employees. Includes a property right so they can pass on these assets to their heirs, and a guarantee that individuals will not lose a dollar they contribute to their accounts, even after inflation.
•Makes the program permanently solvent – according to the Congressional Budget Office [CBO] – by combining a more realistic measure of growth in Social Security’s initial benefits, with an eventual modernization of the retirement age.

The Roadmap secures Medicare for current beneficiaries, while making common-sense reforms to save this critical program.

•It preserves the existing Medicare program for those currently enrolled or becoming eligible in the next 10 years (those 55 and older today) - So Americans can receive the benefits they planned for throughout their working lives. For those currently under 55 – as they become Medicare-eligible – it creates a Medicare payment, initially averaging $11,000, to be used to purchase a Medicare certified plan. The payment is adjusted to reflect medical inflation, and pegged to income, with low-income individuals receiving greater support. The plan also provides risk adjustment, so those with greater medical needs receive a higher payment.
•The proposal also fully funds Medical Savings Accounts [MSAs] for low-income beneficiaries, while continuing to allow all beneficiaries, regardless of income, to set up tax-free MSAs.
•Based on consultation with the Office of the Actuary of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and using Congressional Budget Office [CBO] these reforms will make Medicare permanently solvent
•Modernizes Medicaid and strengthens the health care safety net by reforming high-risk pools, giving States maximum flexibility to tailor Medicaid programs to the specific needs of their populations. Allows Medicaid recipients to take part in the same variety of options and high-quality care available to everyone through the tax credit option.

Medicare/Medicaid | A Roadmap for America's Future | The Budget Committee Republicans

Last edited:

Forum List

Back