7 States Sue over Contraception Mandate. It's not just the Catholics, OBUMMER!

The First Amendment should not be fucked with, yet the doe-eyed, O-bot groupies try to trash it just because this President can't respect the First Amendment.

Very possibly. employer-based health insurance is already an albatross on the neck of American business. Europe and Japan have universal health care, and are a lot more competitive.

I do think that Obama is trying to preserve the current system for as long as possible because culturally, we like to think of ourselves as "rugged individualists". But even the Insurance Industry has admitted that the system as it is can't go on.

Well, what you think is unimportant.

It's obvious Obama is going to add mandate after unfunded mandate on insurance until it becomes impossible for employers to keep proving it.

Then of course voters will clamor for something and there Obama will be ready to roll out his one payer system he has always wanted.

That's the real plan, and it is all too obvious.

It's not what I think, it's what the reality is. We have the worst system in the world, hands down, but peopel are making money off of it.

Sorry, making employers provide common sense coverage is not an undue mandate. The Church isn't pleading poverty on this one. Providing birth control will be cheaper than paying for pregnancies. Their objection is a religious one.

Oh, if only the Catholic Church was so concerned when their priests were molesting children.

Their objection is a religious one.
You just admitted a First Amendment Violation, Dick Head.

It's obvious Obama is going to add mandate after unfunded mandate on insurance until it becomes impossible for employers to keep proving it.

Then of course voters will clamor for something and there Obama will be ready to roll out his one payer system he has always wanted.

It's not what I think, it's what the reality is. We have the worst system in the world, hands down, but peopel are making money off of it.

Sorry, making employers provide common sense coverage is not an undue mandate. The Church isn't pleading poverty on this one. Providing birth control will be cheaper than paying for pregnancies. Their objection is a religious one.
Oh, if only the Catholic Church was so concerned when their priests were molesting children.

Exactly!!

And in this country we are guaranteed the right to religious freedom. The Government is supposed to protect those guaranteed rights.

Nice strawman attempt.

The right to religious freedom does not extend to violating business and labor laws. It never has.

Exactly!!

And in this country we are guaranteed the right to religious freedom. The Government is supposed to protect those guaranteed rights.

Nice strawman attempt.

The right to religious freedom does not extend to violating business and labor laws. It never has.
Um, as the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, it sure as hell does.

:lol:

The Catholic church complies with this mandate in NY state, among others.

Whatever claims to 'conscience' or claims to inviolable church doctrine the Catholic church makes are simply bullshit.

Exactly!!

Nice strawman attempt.

Um, as the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, it sure as hell does.

:lol:

Can you name the laws that Church owned BUSINESSES are currently allowed to violate without consequence or penalty?

does the establishmnet of no religion ring a bell?

The founders did not want us to give ONE religion favors over another.

How is religious freedom favoring one religion?

Your stupidity is showing.....again.

Because she's a liberal and at the heart of liberalism is the belief that NO religion should be allowed.

If cahtolics dont have to pay for the procedures that are against their religion then Christian sceintists should get the same treatment right?

Giving one favors and not the other is favoring one over the other.

Do christains sceintists who own companies have to pay for modern medical treatments when they are against their religion?

Last edited:
So let me get the cpomplain some of you have striaght.

You believe that one's religion gives one the right to supercede national policy?

Okay.. my religion informs me that I can descriminate in hiring anybody who is a believer of any religion whatever..

Is that okay with you guys?

Because remember now, it's like MY PRECIOUS RELIGON so the entire society else has to bow down to whatever harebrained ideas I have, right?

Nitwits.

Last edited:

You believe that one's religion gives one the right to supercede national policy?

Okay.. my religion informs me that I can descriminate in hiring anybody who is a believer of any religion whatever..

Because remember now, it's like MY PRECIOUS RELIGON so the entire society else has to bow down to whatever harebrained ideas I have, right?

Nitwits.
Are you a religion?

I doubt it.

Talk about nitwits:

C. Exceptions
1. Religious Organizations

Under Title VII, religious organizations are permitted to give employment preference to members of their own religion.[42] The exception applies only to those institutions whose “purpose and character are primarily religious.”[43] That determination is to be based on “[a]ll significant religious and secular characteristics.”[44] Although no one factor is dispositive, significant factors to consider that would indicate whether an entity is religious include:

Do its articles of incorporation state a religious purpose?
Are its day-to-day operations religious (e.g., are the services the entity performs, the product it produces, or the educational curriculum it provides directed toward propagation of the religion)?
Is it not-for-profit?
Is it affiliated with or supported by a church or other religious organization? [45]

This exception is not limited to religious activities of the organization.[46] However, it only allows religious organizations to prefer to employ individuals who share their religion.[47] The exception does not allow religious organizations otherwise to discriminate in employment on protected bases other than religion, such as race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.[48] Thus, a religious organization is not permitted to engage in racially discriminatory hiring by asserting that a tenet of its religious beliefs is not associating with people of other races. Similarly, a religious organization is not permitted to deny fringe benefits to married women but not to married men by asserting a religiously based view that only men can be the head of a household.

Compliance Manual Section 12 - Religious Discrimination

This exception in the EEOC laws is there specifically for the same reason - to protect the Supreme Constitutional rights of religious organizations.

The same applies here. Obamacare and other business regs can never trump the Supreme Law of the Land.

Thank goodness.

Those who thought this was just about abortion and that the Right would not think of touching contraceptives is getting quite the eye-opening experience.

Good. Better now we see the true agenda of the Right than later when it might be too late.

Nitwits.

Have fun with that. I guess either the Society will bow down to your will or maybe it will just ignore you and pass you by. ;) Which do you want to bet on?

Those who thought this was just about abortion and that the Right would not think of touching contraceptives is getting quite the eye-opening experience.

Good. Better now we see the true agenda of the Right than later when it might be too late.

Before what's to late? You want me to take you by the hand and we hit a 24/7 Drug Store for condoms? No it won't close on you, it's 24/7 silly. :D

Very possibly. employer-based health insurance is already an albatross on the neck of American business. Europe and Japan have universal health care, and are a lot more competitive.

I do think that Obama is trying to preserve the current system for as long as possible because culturally, we like to think of ourselves as "rugged individualists". But even the Insurance Industry has admitted that the system as it is can't go on.

Money has ZERO to do with it. It has everything to do with thier religious practices...but we know your stance on religion, don't we?

Exactly!!

Nice strawman attempt.

They aren't running a religion. Their religous businesses are exempt. They are running a business. And that means, they have to follow the same rules all the other businesses follow.

Sorry.

They are still perfectly free to believe in whatever homophobic, sexist, superstitious and silly crap they want to because they play on people's fear of death.

Until we outgrow that bullshit as a species.

i am as religious as they come, was reared Catholic, and i honestly do NOT see this as a freedom of religion issue. If this was the Catholic Church and the employees of their diocese, then i would be against it and fight tooth and nail against it....

But IT IS NOT the Church that is being forced to pay for or cover women's contraceptives for those with insurance....it is the catholic charities which is a secular run charity, where 50% of its money is funded by you and me via our taxes, that employs a secular work staff.

I see this move by the catholic charities strictly them getting involved with politics....

a church should NOT be able to force their religious views on to their secular staff employees.....THAT is what breaks the first amendment imho.....especially if the gvt allows them to force their religious views on to the employees in a hospital or university ( that gets 50% of their money from the government) .....

many republicans were saying the church should not have to pay for insurance with this coverage, and almost immediately obama got the insurance companies not to charge them for it....so it ain't money like many repubs keep regurgitating....

it isn't a church it is a non profit business, who should be held to the same rules as other non profit businesses...

now i have never been crazy about the overall mandate in the first place and maybe this is why the right wing is making a mountain out of a mole hill on this....but i respectfully believe you are WRONG to oppose this on the grounds of supposedly ''religious freedom''.....oppose the mandate, but this? it makes no sense what so ever!

Simple enough solution.

Universal Health Care. Get employers out of the picture altogether.

The notion I could be denied medical treatment because my employer is a religious fanatic is kind of frightening.

You can't, but thanks for proving how stupid you are.

Forum List

Back