7 States Sue over Contraception Mandate. It's not just the Catholics, OBUMMER!

Hey, I have no problem with that. Let teh corporate bloodsuckers "resist". Then we can settle up with them once and for all.

You are the biggest blowhard.

FANATICAL

No, practical.

I just don't see the practicality of destroying the middle class and empowering a communist dictatorship like China by sending them all our industry so a few rich douchebags can buy a few more polo ponies...

Can't see how that's good for America.

The "regulations" of the politicians are largely responsible for our industry going overseas. The politicians brag to their base that they have made the country safer. Then they turn around and make trade agreements to import our food from the same countries that purchased our "noxious" factories, and have re-assembeld them with fewer regulations than were here, originally. But your lot is happy, you don't see the pollution (but you eat it), and think you are saving the planet!

China has played the politicians and purchased many of them with 'campaign contributions' that are passing legislation that is even more favorable to China, and you have already indicated you are willing to vote for them again, because they use buzz words, like "labor" and "fairness".

No, practical.

I just don't see the practicality of destroying the middle class and empowering a communist dictatorship like China by sending them all our industry so a few rich douchebags can buy a few more polo ponies...

Obama is destroying the middle class. All that debt hurts those of us who have to borrow more than the rich who pay cash. Paying banks instead of homeowners for bad mortgages hurt the middle class way more.

First, Bush ran up as much debt as Obama did.

Second, while I think TARP set a horrible precedent, the alternative was far worse.

The: "HE DID IT TOO!" defense? Just pathetic, wasn't this the same man that said Bush was "unpatriotic" for running up the debt?

No, practical.

Obama is destroying the middle class. All that debt hurts those of us who have to borrow more than the rich who pay cash. Paying banks instead of homeowners for bad mortgages hurt the middle class way more.

And that's not what happened. It's amazing you guys really think like this.

Do you think all those additional people that are on unemployment, food stamps and have joined the ranks of poverty are the "wealthy"?

No, practical.

First, Bush ran up as much debt as Obama did.

Second, while I think TARP set a horrible precedent, the alternative was far worse.
Obama did it in less than HALF the time...and no, I am not defending Bush. 'Compassionate Conservatism' Obama is doubling down upon...:eusa_whistle:

In any case..I really do hope the GOP will keep this nonsense issue afloat under the banner of "Religious Liberty". And I wonder what other "Religious Liberties" they would like to codify?

Could "ritual sacrifice" be far behind?

:lol:

Oh, that is coming, you on the left embrace the deceitful cloud of political correctness, while islam is slowly re-writing the laws to usher in islam here. The "ritual sacrifices" will be the non-believers beheaded for refusing to "convert".

In any case..I really do hope the GOP will keep this nonsense issue afloat under the banner of "Religious Liberty". And I wonder what other "Religious Liberties" they would like to codify?

Oh, that is coming, you on the left embrace the deceitful cloud of political correctness, while islam is slowly re-writing the laws to usher in islam here. The "ritual sacrifices" will be the non-believers beheaded for refusing to "convert".
what wrong with someone worshiping islam? that is a protected religion here in the US just like all the others.

and ritual animal sacrifices have already been ruled as legal in the good ole state of florida.
THE SUPREME COURT: Animal Sacrifice; Court, Citing Religious Freedom, Voids a Ban on Animal Sacrifices - New York Times

oops!

thats probably the most accurate description of TARP. i provided one side of the argument to counter the other. hindsight is always 20-20.

I think this discussion is proof that Hindsight is not always 20/20.

People on the left claim TARP was an absolute success and that it kept us from a major depression etc. etc. etc. While those on the right say exactly the opposite. You have pundits on both sides claiming they are right when in fact we cannot actually tell which side is correct.

I can tell you one thing... my job was not one of those phony "jobs saved".

Immie
i never said it was a perfectly great success, but i believe overall it had a positive impact. when compared to doing nothing. i do think though, if there were gonna bail out the bank, there should have been huge restriction on pay and bonuses to the people who helped cause the collapse. obviously there werent.

You misunderstood and I did not say that you said it was a perfect success.

You said hindsight was 20/20 and I simply pointed out, sort of kiddingly, that it is not always 20/20.

And, having been unemployed since shortly after that piece of shit was passed, I have to say that I don't think it has had anything near a positive impact in this country or in my life whatsoever.

Immie

.... "I've never seen a union abuse an employee in my life." .... What do you call forcing a business out of business by bullying the union members into striking where people lose their jobs? How many businesses are closing/going bankrupt/selling out to competitors just to get out of union contracts (I'll give you, the business should not have agreed to the terms if they had no intention of full filling them)? How many ex-union employees are now living in "right to work" states because their great union job evaporated when the union bosses decided to lean on the "man" one time to many?

I guess you wouldn't see that, the gov't and the union is your religion, and you BELIEVE.

What I call that is getting cockscukers out of business who don't belong there. And good riddance.

this country was VASTLY more prosperous when we had a mostly unionized workforce.

It just was.

By your logic, since we've reduced union membership in the last 30 years, we should be at the height of prosperity today.

Ummm. Doesn't look like it to me. Kind of looks like the opposite.

Unions serve a purpose. Keeping business from cheating workers. Because left to their own devices, most of them will.

We "would" be at the height of "prosperity" if the gov't didn't OVERSPEND. Here is a "religious" point for you: when Joseph went to Egypt and became the Pharaoh's dream translator, he told the Pharaoh that seven fat cattle eaten by seven skinny cattle meant that you took the years of plenty and stored the reserve for the seven years of hardship. Please tell me when this gov't has done that.

We have spent the GDP of several countries on education for NO IMPROVEMENT
We have spent billions and billions to "fight" poverty; it is at its highest level.

Instead of you opening your eyes and paying attention to what is happening around you, you are crying because someone isn't picking you up to prosperity. Our country is in serious trouble. The countries we are currently "modeling" after, are going broke, and reducing the handouts, their "subjects" are rioting in the streets and destroying resources for which there are no funds to replace. They will be in a complete state of misery, soon. Yet you, in all your wisdom, want to chase poverty?

Please tell me you are not predicting seven years of this shit!!!!!!

Immie

what wrong with someone worshiping islam? that is a protected religion here in the US just like all the others.

and ritual animal sacrifices have already been ruled as legal in the good ole state of florida.
THE SUPREME COURT: Animal Sacrifice; Court, Citing Religious Freedom, Voids a Ban on Animal Sacrifices - New York Times

oops!

Are you one of the 99%? Do you believe in fairness? Islam does not. If islam is allowed to be written into the laws here, the country is "ended". It is a "system" of deceit, destruction, dust and death. Islamic followers are encouraged to be deceitful to nonbelievers (that means lie to them about being peaceful). The individuals that choose to be spiritually above that "system" are bullied and threatened into submitting to the terrorists. They will not stand against the extremist (just look at the ME if you don't believe me). And all that believed islam is "peaceful" will be converted, killed, or subjugated (their teachings, not mine). But, hey, someone told you they were cool, so you beeeelieve.

oops!

Are you one of the 99%? Do you believe in fairness? Islam does not. If islam is allowed to be written into the laws here, the country is "ended". It is a "system" of deceit, destruction, dust and death. Islamic followers are encouraged to be deceitful to nonbelievers (that means lie to them about being peaceful). The individuals that choose to be spiritually above that "system" are bullied and threatened into submitting to the terrorists. They will not stand against the extremist (just look at the ME if you don't believe me). And all that believed islam is "peaceful" will be converted, killed, or subjugated (their teachings, not mine). But, hey, someone told you they were cool, so you beeeelieve.
Islam is still protected as a religion under the constitution. i havent defended its practices or endorsed anything. thats all i am pointing out. you just can not see your hypocrisy on this issue. you have to agree dont with their religion, but you must respect that it is protected by our laws. its protected in the same way the buddism, mormonism, catholicism, scientology, voodoo and every other religion is protected. if you dont like it, change the constitution.

oops!

Islam is still protected as a religion under the constitution. i havent defended its practices or endorsed anything. thats all i am pointing out. you just can not see your hypocrisy on this issue. you have to agree dont with their religion, but you must respect that it is protected by our laws. its protected in the same way the buddism, mormonism, catholicism, scientology, voodoo and every other religion is protected. if you dont like it, change the constitution.

The statement though was not that anyone who is muslim should not have the right to practice their faith, but rather about christians or muslims writing their faith into law. There happens to be a huge difference between practicing my faith and writing tenents of my faith into law... a huge difference.

Immie

Forum List

Back