7 of 10 Richest Congress Members are (D)

Right? The most successful and ambitious should subsidize the govt for being bloated and its unconstitutional actions!

The most successful and ambitious benefit more from that government and have more control over it

They should pay for the privilege
They shouldnt have control. They wouldnt if statists like you didnt vote our freedom and liberty infused federal govt away to be replaced by bureaucrats and totalitarians.

Word salad
"The rich should pay more since voters like me let them control our republic. Its only fair!"
What a moron.

Don't look at me pal....

You are the one thinking someone is suited to be President just because he is a billionaire
do i?

7 of 10 Richest Members of Congress Are Democrats

no real shock i suppose. but what is a shock is even #10 has $79 million dollars.

and we wonder why our government is out of touch with the rest of us.

cns? no wonder you don't know anything

reailty, moron.... is that five are Dems and five are repubs

List of current members of the United States Congress by wealth - Wikipedia

greg gianforte is worth 315 million, which is more than three times what the top wealthiest dem is worth.

why do you care if Dems have money, moron? are only rightwingnut pond scum who vote to distribute wealth away from the middle class and to the top 1% allowed to have wealth?

shut up, idiot.

Your link is 2 years old, his is current.

Do you have a current link to back you up?

Our President has more money than all of them combined

well, no one really knows that for sure. the value of his "name" changes depending on "what he feels". at least that's what he said when under oath as opposed to his twitter rants.

Why do you guys think these threads are relevant?

Democrats do not say that people should not be rich. They say they should pay more taxes
Right? The most successful and ambitious should subsidize the govt for being bloated and its unconstitutional actions!

The most successful and ambitious benefit more from that government and have more control over it

They should pay for the privilege
They shouldnt have control. They wouldnt if statists like you didnt vote our freedom and liberty infused federal govt away to be replaced by bureaucrats and totalitarians.

Word salad
"The rich should pay more since voters like me let them control our republic. Its only fair!"
What a moron.

I'd say the mischaracterization is what's moronic. but hey....

So... if they are rich and they want to put higher taxes on the rich... this should mean they are successful and unselfish. So what's the issue here?
I thought the rhetoric was the rich got out taxes anyways?

No, and see this is the issue. Trump and his buddies are the ones that exemplify the rich, while you have certain ones, like Mark Cuban who actually ASK to be taxed more to help pay for social programs.

Cuban actually came out with a good idea years ago that gave the rich incentives to make capital investments in order to get lower taxes. He said that in bad times those with more, should pay more to help stimulate the economy... and when certain incentives are met, then the tax rates can go down.

Mark Cuban's Novel Income Tax Proposal Is The Exact Opposite Of What Most Economists Would Endorse
Warren Buffet(who pays less tax rate than his secretary) asked to pay more in taxes, then goes and fights in court not to pay more. If the libfucks really want to give more in taxes, then fucking write at the bottom of the form, "here is 1 billion dollars of taxes I donate to the debt"...they wont because the are fucking hypocrites....
You call them libfucks and you expect them to pay your bills for you. good luck.
I don't expect them to pay my bills, I am not a liberal welfare queen. I work for myself, make a very good living and pay my own bills, typical of someone with personal responsibilities...you wouldn't know about that, being that you are a liberal and want everyone else to pay for your stuff...

you're such a lying hack. blue states pay more in taxes than they get from the feds. freeloaders like you in red states get more than they pay i.

what a loser you are. blaming everyone else for your fails.

We get one of these threads every week or so

Democrats are hypocrites because they are rich!

The Democrats have never condemned the rich for being rich, they condemn the fact that they are not paying enough taxes

These wealthy Democrats are voting to raise their own taxes while wealthy Republicans vote to slash benefits to the poor

Democrat math.....

A man has a negative tax rate, gets more back than paid in.
Another man pays $250,000 in taxes.
The gov't seeks to cut taxes, the "poor" man still gets more back than he pays in, and the 'rich' man now pays $249,500.
Democrats go ballistic saying only the rich are getting tax cuts!!!!!!

The Democrats have never condemned the rich for being rich, they condemn the fact that they are not paying enough taxes

These wealthy Democrats are voting to raise their own taxes while wealthy Republicans vote to slash benefits to the poor
except my main point is *everyone* in the gov seems to have $10+ million and how can *either* side understand the average joe?

Yep like saying because Bernie Sanders and his wife buy a $500,000 house on water front property in Vermont is a big deal... $500,000 houses are not mansions anymore.

Democrat math.....

The gov't seeks to cut taxes, the "poor" man still gets more back than he pays in, and the 'rich' man now pays $249,500.

The bulk of our tax revenue depends on taxation of the wealthy
When you cut back on the upper tax rate, you are cutting back on revenue and increasing our deficit

I'm not sure where the choice in life is that you can't like making money if you think we should do good things for society.

bizarre.

Yep like saying because Bernie Sanders and his wife buy a $500,000 house on water front property in Vermont is a big deal... $500,000 houses are not mansions anymore.

It was from money his wife had inherited

Of all of our Senators, Bernie Sanders has among the least wealth
He has not profited much from his years in the Senate. Now that he is a celebrity, he makes more off of speaking engagements

He has not profited much from his years in the Senate. Now that he is a celebrity, he makes more off of speaking engagements

Exactly, she inherited a house and they sold it to pay for the new one. I think they still have two houses and a condo in Washington DC however, but when you make $200,000 a year for being a Senator, on top of his speaking engagements, and retirement from being a mayor, plus his wife's income, it is easy to pay for stuff.

except my main point is *everyone* in the gov seems to have $10+ million and how can *either* side understand the average joe?

I don't think $10 million is a lot for a successful person to accumulate in a lifetime. Our elected representatives are supposed to be our best and brightest. It should not be surprising they have made money over 30 years

Do we really want to elect "Joe the Plummer"??

Exactly, she inherited a house and they sold it to pay for the new one. I think they still have two houses and a condo in Washington DC however, but when you make $200,000 a year for being a Senator, on top of his speaking engagements, and retirement from being a mayor, plus his wife's income, it is easy to pay for stuff.

In terms of ultra wealthy Senators, for most of his career Bernie barely got by. Joe Biden was another Senator that did not have much to show for a lengthy career in the Senate

Both are now doing well financially by writing books and going on the speaker circuit

I don't think $10 million is a lot for a successful person to accumulate in a lifetime. Our elected representatives are supposed to be our best and brightest. It should not be surprising they have made money over 30 years

Do we really want to elect "Joe the Plummer"??

who wasn't even Joe the plumber.

Democrat math.....

When you cut back on the upper tax rate, you are cutting back on revenue and increasing our deficit

Not saying that isn't true, but giving tax cuts is only going to cut payments to those...wait for it...that actually pay income tax. I absolutely have never believed a person should get more back than they paid in. That is ludicrous. Everyone should pay something.
Having said all of this, I am one who believes income tax should go away completely. Consumption tax instead.

7 of 10 Richest Members of Congress Are Democrats

no real shock i suppose. but what is a shock is even #10 has $79 million dollars.

and we wonder why our government is out of touch with the rest of us.

Lets see how they vote on the rich man's tax cut.

That is the key

Wealthy Democrats will vote to raise their own taxes
As we can see, wealthy Republicans want a huge tax cut while they slash benefits to working Americans

You don't need that mortgage deduction....we need the money to make sure billionaires get richer

Democrat math.....

Not saying that isn't true, but giving tax cuts is only going to cut payments to those...wait for it...that actually pay income tax. I absolutely have never believed a person should get more back than they paid in. That is ludicrous. Everyone should pay something.
Having said all of this, I am one who believes income tax should go away completely. Consumption tax instead.

I hate consumption taxes more than income taxes

Democrat math.....

I hate consumption taxes more than income taxes

Why? The apparatus is already in place.

Forum List

Back