64%

Don't be so hard on yourself....

Originally, he typed 5 y/o. Probably more accurate.

yes it probably is.....:lol:

and while you're in the sandbox, I'll hear you out, maybe you can tell us why a charge of hypocrisy and selective partisanship on/in this issue doesn't or shouldn't include you?

Oh, no need. I can't argue for shit, and I'm incredibly stupid. Why ask me. :cool:

Originally, he typed 5 y/o. Probably more accurate.

and while you're in the sandbox, I'll hear you out, maybe you can tell us why a charge of hypocrisy and selective partisanship on/in this issue doesn't or shouldn't include you?

Oh, no need. I can't argue for shit, and I'm incredibly stupid. Why ask me. :cool:

its not a matter of arguing, this isn't an argument based on a disagreement to/of facts.

Its a matter of stating your case, as to what I asked, but you don't seem to have one.

and frankly we knew this, but, I will always hear you out, the problem is you don't ever have a thing to say, you throw shit at the wall, stand back and admire your handiwork, you're the ultimate partisan dilettante.

its not a matter of arguing, this isn't an argument based on a disagreement to/of facts.

Its a matter of stating your case, as to what I asked, but you don't seem to have one.

and frankly we knew this, but, I will always hear you out, the problem is you don't ever have a thing to say, you throw shit at the wall, stand back and admire your handiwork, you're the ultimate partisan dilettante.

Thank you, sir. A pleasure as always.

And btw, no one is forcing the Dear Leader to be the first $Billion Presidential Candidate in History. He could always say no and not accept the cash. Just a thought anyway.

That's the way you wanted the game played. I don't see Romney tying a hand behind his back. But with a foot already firmly planted in his mouth, I guess that would be too much of a handicap.

except for obama....

is your memory that short?

So, Obama is supposed to sit back and get outspent by GOP SuperPacs just to stand on principle? That would be very convenient for you, wouldn't it?

Yes. Principles do actually mean something. Don't rake in all the cash and then scam everyone by pretending you're against it. That's even worse than just accepting the cash. It's incredibly dishonest.

Just having principles doesn't mean anything. They've got to be good ones. They can't just be check-off points that absolve you from thinking.

Everyone has choices. No one is forced to vote for a particular candidate. You hate big money in Politics? Don't vote for candidates supported by big money. All the whining and hand-wringing is just so old & tired at this point. You decide for yourself who you're gonna vote for. You vote for the Big Money Candidate, then that's actually what you'll get. You have no right to complain afterwards.

Use the power of the Write-In Vote. Because a vote for either Obama or Romney, is a vote for Big Money control. I mean, how do people think they're both gonna run $Billion Presidential Campaigns? So stop the whining and do something. Your vote is your vote. Make it count.

What's old and tired is the notion that we can keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

except for obama....

is your memory that short?

So, Obama is supposed to sit back and get outspent by GOP SuperPacs just to stand on principle? That would be very convenient for you, wouldn't it?

and ignoring history is convenient too:rolleyes:

Public financing hello?

"It was not an easy decision, especially because I support a robust system of public financing of elections," he said. "We face opponents who have become masters at gaming this broken system."

McCain, speaking to reporters from Iowa, said the fact that Obama was "not even willing to keep" a campaign promise "should be disturbing to all Americans."

Obama and McCain both pledged last year that they would accept taxpayer money for the general election if his opponent would do the same. Obama began stepping away from that as the primaries got underway and he shattered fundraising records. In a Feb. 20 column in USA TODAY, Obama said he would keep his pledge only if McCain also agreed to limit spending by political parties and refuse fundraising help from outside groups.

Obama opts out of public funds - ABC News

so I guess principal means shit. :lol:A new low for hypocrisy.

You're absolutely right about Obama; he said he would take public money, live under it's restraints etc... Simply put, he lied; as I understand it or at least changed his stance based on the actions of others. If that is the case, I can't say I blame him. The field has to be level if we're going to have some preponderance of a system where the average American has some sort of say in the post-election governance.

It would mean politicians would have fewer expensive promises to keep, costing us less.

It would open up democracy, as previously outspent parties get a hearing.

I'm afraid you're 0-2.

It means that the people who are in power get to determine who gets public money.

How much public money would you give to the candidate of the US Nazi Party?

That would be determined by statute after thresholds are met. Probably none for the Nazis. I envision a system of open-mikes and debates leading towards sub-primaries to determine who will receive funds for the next level.

And who funds the campaign for the sub-primaries?

Do you even realize how ridiculous you sound?

Outside Money Making The Race A Rich Man's Game : NPR

For all of you math majors out there that means 64% of all the superPAC money raised thus far has come from 100 individual donors and has gone to pro-GOP groups.

The Republican Party represents the oil companies and the super rich.

They have fooled rank and file Republicans into thinking they don't.

Guess which Politician has received the most money from BP?

There you go again: spoiling perfectly good propaganda with annoying things like facts. Have you no decency?

The 50 Richest Members of Congress — 112th : Roll Call
So Chris I see alot of democrats on the list and 7 of the top 10....WOW they're loaded. So are they giving to the republicans too?

Why do liberals obsess over how much money a person has. They never attack rich liberals and I dont give a shit, as long as it's legal and ethical.

Seriously, you're expecting consistency and logic from Chris? Are you for real?

It means that the people who are in power get to determine who gets public money.

How much public money would you give to the candidate of the US Nazi Party?

That would be determined by statute after thresholds are met. Probably none for the Nazis. I envision a system of open-mikes and debates leading towards sub-primaries to determine who will receive funds for the next level.

What about debates and open-mikes don't you understand?

Who runs the debates? And I understand it correctly that the candidates from the Nazi Party, the Monster Raving Loony party, the Republican Party, the Communist Party, the Democratic Party, etc., all get equal time in those debates right?

Outside Money Making The Race A Rich Man's Game : NPR

For all of you math majors out there that means 64% of all the superPAC money raised thus far has come from 100 individual donors and has gone to pro-GOP groups.

you've got your Fox News, Liberals have their Media Matters, I suppose a TIT for TAT?

FYI
On Sunday's Fox News Sunday, Fox News contributor Sarah Palin ludicrously attempted to tie BP to the Obama administration by suggesting that President Obama was beholden to the corporation because of campaign donations he has received.

continued:

Like clockwork, media outlets seized on Palin's accusation and cited Center for Responsive Politics' calculation that Obama had received $71,051 in BP-linked contributions for his presidential campaign. Only problem is, contrary to Palin's and the media's suggestions, all of that money came from BP employees, not BP the company. A spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics confirmed Monday that "the $71,051 that Obama received during the 2008 election cycle was entirely from BP employees." The CRP spokesman also stated that "Obama did not accept contributions from political action committees, so none of this money is from BP's PAC. And corporations themselves are prohibited from donating directly to candidates from their corporate treasuries." EXCLUSIVE: Debunking the myth of Obama's "BP cash" | Media Matters for America

you've got your Fox News, Liberals have their Media Matters, I suppose a TIT for TAT?

FYI
On Sunday's Fox News Sunday, Fox News contributor Sarah Palin ludicrously attempted to tie BP to the Obama administration by suggesting that President Obama was beholden to the corporation because of campaign donations he has received.

continued:

Like clockwork, media outlets seized on Palin's accusation and cited Center for Responsive Politics' calculation that Obama had received $71,051 in BP-linked contributions for his presidential campaign. Only problem is, contrary to Palin's and the media's suggestions, all of that money came from BP employees, not BP the company. A spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics confirmed Monday that "the $71,051 that Obama received during the 2008 election cycle was entirely from BP employees." The CRP spokesman also stated that "Obama did not accept contributions from political action committees, so none of this money is from BP's PAC. And corporations themselves are prohibited from donating directly to candidates from their corporate treasuries." EXCLUSIVE: Debunking the myth of Obama's "BP cash" | Media Matters for America

There's tons of media and tons of media debunkers. If one is concerned with approaching truth and knowledge, they ought to use them as tools, and not an end-all. Scaife funded Accuracy in Media and Soros funded Media Matters are two sides of the same coin.

I tend to trust David Brock's group a lot more than Reed Irvine. David Brock came to where he is by trying to be honest (his hit job on Anita Hill might have been wrong headed, but it was not dishonest). Reed Irvine of AIM, oth, is a loonytoon, who pushed the Vince Foster suicides over the cliff with his conspiracy theories.

Who runs the debates? And I understand it correctly that the candidates from the Nazi Party, the Monster Raving Loony party, the Republican Party, the Communist Party, the Democratic Party, etc., all get equal time in those debates right?

Communist Party, Demagogue Party, Tea Party, and the GOP maybe, but not Nazi Party.

Oh......and the GOP debates had a Libertarian strap-hanging just to show the rest of them up or maybe provide a gaffe or two.

The media runs the debates. Something has to be done about this.

FYI

continued:

Well, and damn YOU for setting the record straight!

FYI

continued:

Well, and damn YOU for setting the record straight!

Uh........everyone in the company, including the CEO, is considered a BP employee.

Media Matters is an Obama think-tank funded by George Soros. You really need to do some background checking on everything they publish just to assure it's validity.

Communist Party, Demagogue Party, Tea Party, and the GOP maybe, but not Nazi Party.

Oh......and the GOP debates had a Libertarian strap-hanging just to show the rest of them up or maybe provide a gaffe or two.

The media runs the debates. Something has to be done about this.
Yep, even in the so-called "town hall debates" the media decides which questions get asked.

Forum List

Back