64%

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Right now, more than 80 percent of the money raised by superPACs has gone to pro-GOP groups. And, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, 80 percent of all the money raised by these groups has come from just 100 individuals — the wealthiest people in America.

Outside Money Making The Race A Rich Man's Game : NPR

For all of you math majors out there that means 64% of all the superPAC money raised thus far has come from 100 individual donors and has gone to pro-GOP groups.

Right now, more than 80 percent of the money raised by superPACs has gone to pro-GOP groups. And, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, 80 percent of all the money raised by these groups has come from just 100 individuals — the wealthiest people in America.

For all of you math majors out there that means 64% of all the superPAC money raised thus far has come from 100 individual donors and has gone to pro-GOP groups.

Support public financing of elections. It'll cost us less in the long run.

I have mixed opinions about this.

On the one hand, I don't want billionaires buying special favors from politicians via campaign contributions.
On the other hand, it's their money, shouldn't they be allowed to spend their money however they want to?

Support public financing of elections. It'll cost us less in the long run.

While I don't like the idea of giving the government more authority, I have to agree. On balance, publicly-funded elections would be a net positive. I would add strict term limits to complete the package, to minimize the control that politicians and the moneyed few have over us.

I know the arguments against this. But the facts remain:

• Elected officials spend a great deal of time raising money rather than doing their job;
  • Elected officials are paid-off servants to their highest bidders;
  • Elected officials are controlled by a very small percentage of people;
  • Elected officials make decisions based on pleasing their contributors, not on our best interests;

If this is okay with some of you, fine; not with me.

On the one hand, I don't want billionaires buying special favors from politicians via campaign contributions.
On the other hand, it's their money, shouldn't they be allowed to spend their money however they want to?

Is spending money a right? We're talking about free speech. When that much money is thrown around, it's no longer free.

It's not your decision anyway, don't worry about it...:lol:

We're not supposed to worry about corruption of the system?!?! :eusa_eh:

A government that overspends by $1.3 Trillion annually is de facto corrupt

Last edited:

If you insist, go ahead.

Why do you start now?

Transparently Corrupt: Links between Obama

White House Cronyism Is Disturbing, But Not New - Tad DeHaven - Townhall Conservative Columnists - Page 1

Amazingly, Obama has declared that all the projects received funding “based solely on their merits.” But as Hoover Institution scholar Peter Schweizer reported in his book, “Throw Them All Out,” fully 71 percent of the Obama Energy Department’s grants and loans went to “individuals who were bundlers, members of Obama’s National Finance Committee, or large donors to the Democratic Party.” Collectively, these Obama cronies raised $457,834 for his campaign, and they were in turn approved for grants or loans of nearly $11.35 billion. Obama said this week it’s not the president’s job “to make a lot of money for investors.” Well, he sure seems to have made a lot of (taxpayer) money for investors in his political machine.

EDITORIAL: Obama's crony capitalism - Washington Times

Vulture Capitalism? Try Obama's Version

bottom line... libtards are pissed because super pac's can conjure up more damn money than they unions can.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is spending money a right? We're talking about free speech. When that much money is thrown around, it's no longer free.

Actually, spending money can be the exercise of ones freedom of speech and freedom of association. If I can afford to purchase a billboard, or radio time, or TV time to promote one candidate over another, why shouldn't I be allowed to do that? Why should I not be allowed to spend as much of my own money as I want to in support of a candidate that I agree with? As long as I don't ask for special favors from said candidate, what am I doing that is wrong?

And if the other 99% of us cannot purchase the elections, I guess that just leaves us with the option of public protests, until the 1% shuts those down, then the whole thing goes up in flames.

Actually, spending money can be the exercise of ones freedom of speech and freedom of association. If I can afford to purchase a billboard, or radio time, or TV time to promote one candidate over another, why shouldn't I be allowed to do that? Why should I not be allowed to spend as much of my own money as I want to in support of a candidate that I agree with? As long as I don't ask for special favors from said candidate, what am I doing that is wrong?

How's that working? That's the whole point. Favors ARE being asked for and granted.

bottom line... libtards are pissed because super pac's can conjure up more damn money than they unions can.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
You should be pissed too because those Super Pacs are buying up our freedom. The same groups of Bankers that supported Obama in 2008 are now supporting Romney in 2012. (His veep will be Marco Rubio)

It's "We the People" not, "We the Super Pacs".

Forum List

Back