6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

Having cannabis in your system does not mean that it caused the crash.
In most fatal car crashes, the person did not have it in their system.
Really? And if it was alcohol instead? More double standards by the rabid pot crowd.
We know for sure what alcohol does to your driving skills. Cannabis stays in your system for weeks. Having it in your system does not mean that you are high. Having it in your system does not mean it caused a crash.
Since they dont actually test for pot in accidents we dont know how many deaths the potheads have caused in accidents. so get off your high horse because you seem to be only talking out of its rear end.
I am speaking from experience. I have been driving high on pot since 1966 and I have never been in an accident. If anything, it makes me more careful
Only 6 in 10 young republicans in selected demographics? Not bad for republican family values. I bet 10 out of 10 young democrats favor the same thing. The thing of it is that Hollywood and the hip media has classified marijuana as "cool" and the last thing kids want to be is "un-cool". If conditions were right and the questions were slick enough kids would probably favor binge drinking, unprotected sex and legalized heroin.[/carefulness
We do not worry about what is 'cool'. That is for people who want to be seen as cool.

I've always thought decriminalizing marijuana was the way to go. But legalizing involves many variances to laws that can take years to iron out, like regulation of growth techniques(who knows what someone could use in soil to enhance high or spray on plants) or sales. So growing a few plants and smoking at home is one thing. But selling it is another. There can always be illegal distribution to contend with too.
But when it comes down to inhaling smoke I don't think the CDC says it's advisable. So eatable pot is something for cancer patients with lung disease(etc.) to try. Hopefully if there is a medical/chemical property that is good medicine it can be discovered one day.

Last edited:
In Texas, a conservative lawmaker filed a bill to completely deregulate marijuana in the Lone Star State Monday, proposing to strike any mention of the psychoactive plant from state law.

"Everything that God made is good, even marijuana" said state Rep. David Simpson, R-Longview, who filed the bill. "The conservative thought is that government doesn't need to fix something that God made good."

Texas lawmaker files bill to legalize marijuana - Houston Chronicle

Maybe some hope for the GOP after all.......

Young Republicans don't have much say in the Party. The old-guard Statist wankers still run things. To those old farts, Marijuana = ISIS. They're completely clueless.

No American Citizen should ever be imprisoned over Marijuana. The laws are archaic. Legalize it and then release Millions from our prisons. Period, end of story.
It is illegal so yes if you break the law you suffer the consequences
And the poster you are responding to is saying that marijuana being illegal and putting people in prison over it is idiotic.
Only to the stoned
to many of the NON stoned too.....and that is why people with your mindset will be a thing of the past before to long.....pot should be decriminalized and treated like alcohol.....

Because they are war-mongering, authoritarian Neocons, not Republicans.
so no republicans smoke pot?.....boy are you naive......

Epidemiological studies have been inconclusive regarding whether cannabis use causes an increased risk of accidents; in contrast, unanimity exists that alcohol use increases crash risk.

THE EFFECT OF CANNABIS COMPARED WITH ALCOHOL ON DRIVING

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana.html?_r=0

Marijuana and Driving A Review of the Scientific Evidence
Really? And if it was alcohol instead? More double standards by the rabid pot crowd.
We know for sure what alcohol does to your driving skills. Cannabis stays in your system for weeks. Having it in your system does not mean that you are high. Having it in your system does not mean it caused a crash.
Since they dont actually test for pot in accidents we dont know how many deaths the potheads have caused in accidents. so get off your high horse because you seem to be only talking out of its rear end.
I am speaking from experience. I have been driving high on pot since 1966 and I have never been in an accident. If anything, it makes me more careful
Only 6 in 10 young republicans in selected demographics? Not bad for republican family values. I bet 10 out of 10 young democrats favor the same thing. The thing of it is that Hollywood and the hip media has classified marijuana as "cool" and the last thing kids want to be is "un-cool". If conditions were right and the questions were slick enough kids would probably favor binge drinking, unprotected sex and legalized heroin.[/carefulness
We do not worry about what is 'cool'. That is for people who want to be seen as cool.
So you are proud of the fact that you are so fucking stupid that you drive while high????? I hope they catch you and throw your stupid ass in jail for a long time for endangering my family you piece of shit!

Young Republicans don't have much say in the Party. The old-guard Statist wankers still run things. To those old farts, Marijuana = ISIS. They're completely clueless.

No American Citizen should ever be imprisoned over Marijuana. The laws are archaic. Legalize it and then release Millions from our prisons. Period, end of story.
And the poster you are responding to is saying that marijuana being illegal and putting people in prison over it is idiotic.
Only to the stoned
to many of the NON stoned too.....and that is why people with your mindset will be a thing of the past before to long.....pot should be decriminalized and treated like alcohol.....
You mean the mind set of the founders to self govern? Or do you think they ment self govern as long as it doest stop junkies from feeding Thier addiction and destroying their families on the way?
self governing and smoking a joint are 2 separate things......well maybe not to someone with your mindset.....

So you are proud of the fact that you are so fucking stupid that you drive while high????? I hope they catch you and throw your stupid ass in jail for a long time for endangering my family you piece of shit!
Having driven this long without an accident endangers your family in what way. How many people who have driven straight this long have never had an accident?

Only to the stoned
You mean the mind set of the founders to self govern? Or do you think they ment self govern as long as it doest stop junkies from feeding Thier addiction and destroying their families on the way?
self governing and smoking a joint are 2 separate things......well maybe not to someone with your mindset.....
No it isn't. Self governing means making laws and that includes laws against recreational use of illicit narcotics.

Older republicans see what young people do when they are high. Older democrats are high themselves.

And what do young people do when high?
For one

Fatal Car Crashes Involving Pot Use Have Tripled in U.S. Study Finds

Epidemiological studies have been inconclusive regarding whether cannabis use causes an increased risk of accidents; in contrast, unanimity exists that alcohol use increases crash risk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/driving-under-the-influence-of-marijuana.html?_r=0

even if they did it does not mean they were under its influence at the time of the crash....only people like katz think you are still high for the weeks that it remains in your system....

Only to the stoned
No it isn't. Self governing means making laws and that includes laws against recreational use of illicit narcotics.
Cannabis is not a narcotic. You should discuss subjects that you know about.

ap609761613042-bcce402b2ff43ab38e226209b23f40a4682b38ed-s800-c85.jpg

Nearly two-thirds of Millennials who identify as Republican support legalizing marijuana, while almost half of older GOP Gen-Xers do, according to a recently released Pew survey that could be an indicator of where the debate is heading.

While the Pew Research Center survey published on Friday shows a 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats under the age of 34, six-in-10 GOP-leaning Millennials still said they favor legalizing cannabis. Seventy-seven percent of surveyed Democrats in the same age group held that view.

For those aged 35 to 50, the same 14 percentage point gap between Republicans and Democrats was evident, but the respective percentages were somewhat lower. In that age group, 47 percent of Republicans favored legalization, as opposed to 61 percent of Democrats.

As Pew notes: "The debate over marijuana also comes ahead of the 2016 presidential election, when both political parties are fighting over the coveted Millennial vote as this group of eligible voters swells in size, even if its members do not consistently show up on Election Day."

The survey follows controversial decisions in Alaska and the District of Colombia.They join Colorado and Washington State. Medical marijuana is legal in some other states, such as California and Minnesota.

The survey on attitudes on marijuana legalization by political affiliation largely mirrors a survey Pew conducted a year ago concerning same-sex marriage. It showed that 61 percent of self-identified Republicans under 30 favored allowing gays and lesbians to marry, as opposed to 77 percent of Democrats in the same age group.
I finally agree with you, legalize it and tax the crap out of it.

Having driven this long without an accident endangers your family in what way. How many people who have driven straight this long have never had an accident?
Your arrogance is only out matched by you utter stupidity. You are a scum bag that belongs in jail

Older republicans see what young people do when they are high. Older democrats are high themselves.

For one

even if they did it does not mean they were under its influence at the time of the crash....only people like katz think you are still high for the weeks that it remains in your system....
Only fools think you are not

For one

how about the double standards of the anti-pot crowd?....

Your arrogance is only out matched by you utter stupidity. You are a scum bag that belongs in jail
You are the one making stupid posts about a subject that you know nothing about.

i bet its a hell of a lot less than you fucking drinkers cause......

There is none. You ignorantly think there is. You see drunk driving is a horrible crime. Difference being I will have worked off my one beer in a hour you pot sticks around

The reason why I don't favor it is because of most insurance companies mandate manufacturing companies drug test for lower rates.
It hurts talented kids who like to get high once in a while, they will slip up if it's legal and lose a good paying job.
It's at least now taboo, for the first timers.

There is none. You ignorantly think there is. You see drunk driving is a horrible crime. Difference being I will have worked off my one beer in a hour you pot sticks around
Actually, the opposite is true.

Forum List

Back