5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

Actually, the Internal Affairs investigation said it WAS reasonable, according to the article, and they ARE the arbiters of such a thing.

Cops investigating cops.

Well, we can assign OJ's jury,, I'm sure they will come up with the conclusion that will please you!

Again, I don't think that these cops should be punished for this incident. They didn't intend to kill the kid nor is it reasonable to think they knew that it would kill him. I just believe that two cops should have to resort to tazering a 110 lb, unarmed minor in order to restrain him. I think they didn't handle the situation properly.

Of course not. Just like you cannot say beyond a shadow of a doubt that taser force was reasonable. Neither of us are arbiters of such a thing. We are obviously in the realm of opinion here, counselor ;)

Actually, the Internal Affairs investigation said it WAS reasonable, according to the article, and they ARE the arbiters of such a thing.

Cops investigating cops.

Yeah, go ask a cop how easy IA goes on them because "they're all cops", before you start giving me that anti-cop paranoid bullshit.

I'll take IA's findings over your "I read on the Internet, and this is what SHOULD have happened" crap any day of the week.

:eusa_eh:

Just a tad of hyperbole there ...

How about reasonable force, KK?

Is it reasonable for two cops to have to tazer a little kid like that?

What did you want them to do? And be specific.

Two cops, one 110 lb kid?

Seriously?

But since you asked ...

Any cop should be able to singlehandedly overpower a 110 lb kid, wrap his arms up, put him on the ground and cuff him. But since they had two cops to handle this 110 lbs (did I mention this kid was one hundred and ten pounds?) they could have simply had one cop overpower the kid, wrap his arms up, put the him on the ground and restrain while the other one cuffs.

Not too difficult at all. This is a 110 lbs kid not a 200 lb grown ass man.

But that makes too much sense Article15. We should just blindly accept what has happened without any questions, and move on. It's all black and white, no gray areas whatsoever,eh? :rolleyes:

What did you want them to do? And be specific.

Seriously?

But since you asked ...

Any cop should be able to singlehandedly overpower a 110 lb kid, wrap his arms up, put him on the ground and cuff him. But since they had two cops to handle this 110 lbs (did I mention this kid was one hundred and ten pounds?) they could have simply had one cop overpower the kid, wrap his arms up, put the him on the ground and restrain while the other one cuffs.

I didn't not ask you to speculate on "should be able to" and "not difficult at all'> I asked you to tell me SPECIFICALLY what they were supposed to do in THIS SPECIFIC situation, if not taser him. As usual, I am having to ask you AGAIN, because you refuse to pull your head out of your ass and actually use it to think, rather than merely separating your ears.

Strike one. Try again, and see if you can answer the question again.

I did answer your question:

But since they had two cops to handle this 110 lbs (did I mention this kid was one hundred and ten pounds?) they could have simply had one cop overpower the kid, wrap his arms up, put the him on the ground and restrain while the other one cuffs.

Wrap up arms. Put on ground. One cop restrains. The other cuffs.

Seriously?

But since you asked ...

what is this?

lol ...

An expression.

whew...i was scared we had some new humaniod on our hands :razz:

Cops investigating cops.

Well, we can assign OJ's jury,, I'm sure they will come up with the conclusion that will please you!

Again, I don't think that these cops should be punished for this incident. They didn't intend to kill the kid nor is it reasonable to think they knew that it would kill him. I just believe that two cops should have to resort to tazering a 110 lb, unarmed minor in order to restrain him. I think they didn't handle the situation properly.

And,, if you read this thread from the beginning I said as much.. they should not have tazered him.. but then I wasn't there and don't know what they were thinking or why they did.

An electric shock can occur upon contact of a human body with any source of voltage high enough to cause sufficient current through the muscles or hair. The minimum current a human can feel is thought to be about 1 milliampere (mA). The current may cause tissue damage or fibrillation if it is sufficiently high. Death caused by an electric shock is referred to as electrocution.

Electric shock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term electrocution can mean any of the following:

murder, accidental death, or suicide by electric shock
deliberate execution by electric shock, usually involving an electric chair; the word "electrocution" is a portmanteau for "electrical execution"
Fatal injury from an electric shock, usually causing electrical burns, arc burns, and thermal contact burns.
Electrocution is also frequently used incorrectly to refer to any electric shock received. However, non-fatal exposure to electricity is referred to as electric shock.

Electrocution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look, this is VERY basic stuff. Anyone with entry level education of electrical science knows this. When you say "I was electrocuted" to an electrician, and electrical engineer, anyone with any knowledge of the subject, know what it sounds like? It sounds like me showing you a cut and saying "look where I murdered myself with a knife". No, you CUT yourself. The fact you are still alive proves it.

Kitten obviously likes to pretend she knows a lot about electricity. Take from an electrical enigineer, she doesn't have the foggiest idea what she is talking about. She is reading from the internet and pretending to know something.

Of course it was accidental. There was no intent to kill the kid, IMO. My position is that kid didn't have to be tazed in the first place and had they used proper judgment he'd be alive.

Of course, if HE had used proper judgement, he'd be alive.

Sure but his lack of judgement didn't warrant death.

That would be why no one set out to deliberately kill him, dumbass. Jaywalking is a minor lack of judgement that doesn't warrant death, but that doesn't mean people don't sometimes get mowed down by a bus while doing it. How's about instead of expecting cops to read minds so they can protect people from the consequences of their own stupidity, we hold people responsible for their own dumbfuckery? This kid put himself in harm's way for no good reason, running away from a routine traffic stop in which he was just a passenger. In this case, the dice he rolled came up craps, as they sometimes do in life.

And,, if you read this thread from the beginning I said as much.. they should not have tazered him.. but then I wasn't there and don't know what they were thinking or why they did.

So what exactly are we arguing about then?

Habit? :lol:

Of course, if HE had used proper judgement, he'd be alive.

Sure but his lack of judgement didn't warrant death.

That would be why no one set out to deliberately kill him, dumbass. Jaywalking is a minor lack of judgement that doesn't warrant death, but that doesn't mean people don't sometimes get mowed down by a bus while doing it. How's about instead of expecting cops to read minds so they can protect people from the consequences of their own stupidity, we hold people responsible for their own dumbfuckery? This kid put himself in harm's way for no good reason, running away from a routine traffic stop in which he was just a passenger. In this case, the dice he rolled came up craps, as they sometimes do in life.

They do get held responsible ... if they make it to court alive ....

[
Electrocution CAN be fatal. .

No. Electrocution IS fatal. Using Electrocution to describe a non fatal electric shock or burn is "BUZZ WORD".

No, actually, it doesn't have to be. People do survive contact with potentially-lethal amounts of electricity.

But if you're convinced this is just "buzzword usage", you should consider that it's not MY buzzword, and I'm not the one using it. Tasers are NOT lethal levels of electricity, generally speaking. Yes, accidents can happen with them, like this, but that doesn't make them "electrocution" as a rule.

50,000 WATTS is 150 AMPS kitten and sweet willy....since the both of you did NOT know....not 15 amps not 20 amps but 150 amps.

one strike of the taser is 50,000 WATTS/150 amp.

I don't know,, you called me a stupid bitch over something Ravi said.. don't depend on me to refresh your memory!

Then what is the act of having electricity passing through you?

Alternating current allows electricity to be transported longer distances with fewer amps, thus why power lines are AC. Tasers use pules current, a mixture of alternating and direct ... sort of. 20 amps will kill you most likely, few people will survive that, wall outlets are at 15 amps and have about a 50% chance of killing a seemingly healthy person. Now, if you are done baiting ... tasers are not deadly to most people, they lack the amperage to kill unless there is a heart defect.

The internet crash course isn't going to save you.

Electrocution, again, is DEATH by electrical current. Having current passed through you is electrical shock.

And now that you have your internet search education, you've gone from saying that most people aren't killed by an electrical outlet shock to saying that it's a 50/50 proposition. And that's healthy people. If we add in the unhealthy, how many people are killed? And what is this about amperage? Before you were measuring taser current in watts?

You can fool some people with that song and dance.

Being technically minded does not mean I know how to communicate with you fleshlings, and it was a mistype. English may be my primary language, but that doesn't mean I can communicate with it perfectly. Hell, I don't even know how to explain half of what I do on computers to another programmer ... I just know it. Amperage is what I had meant, I fixed it ... apparently after you read it, amps are what kill you, they are what gives electricity the real "punch" ... volts hurt, amps can kill. Yes, your song and dance is just getting old. You would blame cops for doing the right thing ... probably hang them out to dry until YOU need them ... then you'll rant and rave that they didn't do enough.

Sweetie, you aren't a robot. As much as you might like to think so, you are also made of flesh. Weak flesh, I am betting. Electrocution was no mistype. You described it several times over. Do you know the difference between being shocked and electrocuted now?

The importance is, this kid was ELECTROCUTED. He died as a result of an electric shock. You did not die as a result of an electric shock. You were not electrocuted.

Let me give you a scenario: Lets take the nodes on the stun gun and wire them from the right hand to the left hand of a suspect, instead of inches apart. What is the result when we shock someone?

I don't know,, you called me a stupid bitch over something Ravi said.. don't depend on me to refresh your memory!

Oh yeah .. the whole the "left doesn't care when cops get killed" thing.

An electric shock can occur upon contact of a human body with any source of voltage high enough to cause sufficient current through the muscles or hair. The minimum current a human can feel is thought to be about 1 milliampere (mA). The current may cause tissue damage or fibrillation if it is sufficiently high. Death caused by an electric shock is referred to as electrocution.

Electric shock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The term electrocution can mean any of the following:

murder, accidental death, or suicide by electric shock
deliberate execution by electric shock, usually involving an electric chair; the word "electrocution" is a portmanteau for "electrical execution"
Fatal injury from an electric shock, usually causing electrical burns, arc burns, and thermal contact burns.
Electrocution is also frequently used incorrectly to refer to any electric shock received. However, non-fatal exposure to electricity is referred to as electric shock.

Electrocution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look, this is VERY basic stuff. Anyone with entry level education of electrical science knows this. When you say "I was electrocuted" to an electrician, and electrical engineer, anyone with any knowledge of the subject, know what it sounds like? It sounds like me showing you a cut and saying "look where I murdered myself with a knife". No, you CUT yourself. The fact you are still alive proves it.

Kitten obviously likes to pretend she knows a lot about electricity. Take from an electrical enigineer, she doesn't have the foggiest idea what she is talking about. She is reading from the internet and pretending to know something.

Let me guess ... all your knowledge comes from Wicrapedia?

Cops investigating cops.

Of course, you can't even BEGIN to articulate what procedures you believe they SHOULD have used instead, other than to vaguely say, "They should have been able to handle him . . ." somehow. Surely there are ways. Just . . . handle it, you know? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back