5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

That asshole is as clueless as they come when it comes to inner city police work.

He thinks it's just like when all his white kid friends got caught TPing a neighbor's tree.

No, tell me your experience dealing with delinquent teens in crime ridden neighborhoods.

You're not qualified to comment on the dynamics of chasing down and struggling with such a person in that environment.

You refuse to answer? But I thought you were cliaming special knowledge from experience?

Guess you were bluffing.

And by the way, the guy two doors down was murdered by a crack head with a pair of scissors a few months back. The busted meth lab was a block away. The crack house is even closer. I manage to survive without tasering anyone.

That asshole is as clueless as they come when it comes to inner city police work.

He thinks it's just like when all his white kid friends got caught TPing a neighbor's tree.

I'm not the one claiming any special experience that qualifies me on this subject. YOU ARE. So, again, tell us how many people you had to taser in 25 years in this environment.

Someone with a weak heart is just as likely to die from being jostled to, hitting the chest right and heard enough can throw even a healthy person into cardiac arrest. Striking the head can cause a person to feel fine for about an hour then suddenly drop dead with no signs of injury. As I said, anything can kill you, if used correctly.

What I want to know from you is if electrocution is fatal or not? Until you can settle the score on your knowledge of fatal electrical incidents I have to disregard anything you have to add here.

So, is electrocution fatal or not? You claim to have been electrocuted many times and seem to be no worse for it. This is EXTREMELY vitale to the value of anything you have to say here. I don't think you know a damned thing about what is fatal regarding electric shock.

Already answered this a few dozen times, so here it is again: Those with weak hearts will die from electrocution, but the stronger your heart the more amps you can absorb before your heart fails. So the chances of anything abot a static shock killing the average person goes up depending on the amperage of the the shock. Voltage hurts, it stings, but it doesn't kill. Wall sockets do not kill most people who are electrocuted by them, even lightening doesn't kill most who are struck by it (unless they are thrown into something that does). You need to learn about electricity a lot.

I hate to argue with you but let me add.. not just weak hearts die in electrocution..A Heart beats in rhythm to an electrical impulse.. all you have to do in interrupt that impulse and send it in another direction and the heart will stop beating.. conversely if the heart beats in an aberrant rhythm you can shock it and get it in synch again. Ohm's law..

It speaks to the reasonableness of your claim.

Sorry man, if you can't handle a kid that comes in at 110, you aren't qualified for the job. Don't care what sex you are or what you weigh.

Have you ever tried to start an IV on a two year old.. He will kick yours and 3 others asses all over the place! :lol::lol::lol::lol: DUMMIE

True. When my daughter was two, she fell and cut her head open, requiring stitches. When she went to the doctor to have the stitches out, it took three people to hold her down sufficiently to remove them, and she still managed to kick the doctor in the face.

Anyway, this kid jumped out and ran at the sight of cops at a routine traffic stop. They have to consider the possibility that he's doing such a bizarre thing because a) he's on drugs, or b) he's done something so awful that he'd rather go down fighting and take them with him than get caught. And they use tasers because they're actually supposed to be safer for the suspect (and the bystanders) than chasing him, tackling him, and trying to physically subdue him, particularly if he has a weapon, and they have no way of knowing if he does or not at that point.

What I want to know from you is if electrocution is fatal or not? Until you can settle the score on your knowledge of fatal electrical incidents I have to disregard anything you have to add here.

So, is electrocution fatal or not? You claim to have been electrocuted many times and seem to be no worse for it. This is EXTREMELY vitale to the value of anything you have to say here. I don't think you know a damned thing about what is fatal regarding electric shock.

Already answered this a few dozen times, so here it is again: Those with weak hearts will die from electrocution, but the stronger your heart the more amps you can absorb before your heart fails. So the chances of anything abot a static shock killing the average person goes up depending on the amperage of the the shock. Voltage hurts, it stings, but it doesn't kill. Wall sockets do not kill most people who are electrocuted by them, even lightening doesn't kill most who are struck by it (unless they are thrown into something that does). You need to learn about electricity a lot.

Let me explain this really slow, since you don't or won't get it: ELECTROCUTION is DEATH by electric shock. If you had been electrocuted, you wouldn't be here.

If you are elctrocuted by an outlet in your home, you die. Get it? If you live, you got shocked. How many amps do you think that typical circuit is rated for? 15? 20? How much does it take to kill a person? How did you get shocked but NOT electrocuted by a 20 amp circuit? Do you know? Is a taser AC or DC? What's the difference?

You are largely ignorant of this subject.

Let me repeat, since you are so slow, YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ELECTROCUTED.

Then what is the act of having electricity passing through you?

Alternating current allows electricity to be transported longer distances with fewer amps, thus why power lines are AC. Tasers use pules current, a mixture of alternating and direct ... sort of. 20 amps will kill you most likely, few people will survive that, wall outlets are at 15 amps and have about a 50% chance of killing a seemingly healthy person. Now, if you are done baiting ... tasers are not deadly to most people, they lack the amperage to kill unless there is a heart defect.

An L.D. diagnoses means nothing in an inner city school. They hand them out like ADHD meds.

I wonder what he was taking.

I hate to argue with you but let me add.. not just weak hearts die in electrocution..A Heart beats in rhythm to an electrical impulse.. all you have to do in interrupt that impulse and send it in another direction and the heart will stop beating.. conversely if the heart beats in an aberrant rhythm you can shock it and get it in synch again. Ohm's law..

Ohms Law? You're kidding me?

Arm chair electrical geniuses.

Tasers can kill??? News to me folks. I had no idea. Seriously.

Sorry, my son is just about 16 is about 5'2" and weighs right around the 110 mark. A big kid he is not. If a short, middle-aged mom in good shape can handle this kid, two cops - regardless of gender or height - certainly should have been able to handle this kid. No excuses.

Aren't cops trained to assess situations? If he was learning disabled - and that can mean many things - this may very well have been apparent by his response to the cop's questions. If my son were confronted by anyone, they would know within 5 seconds after he answered a question that he was special needs. Not saying the same is true for this kid but . . . . it may be.

You didn't read the article at all, did you? He didn't answer any questions for them to assess. He was in the car, they pulled the car over, he jumped out and ran. They DID assess the situation: some guy's running like hell over a traffic stop. Something bad must be wrong for a reaction like that.

Yes. Usually the tasered suspect doesn't die.

The facts are often ignored to demonize the police. Hell, I've been electrocuted several times from wall sockets and I still live, and my weight proportions are about the same. The cops had no idea it would kill the kid, the kid simply should not have resisted, period.

KK, he was learning disabled. He very well may not have realized what the cops wanted and/or was scared shitless.

On that subject, why is Ms. "They're supposed to protect us" raising her kid to be that terrified of cops? I can promise you that none of MY children feel the slightest urge to take off running at the sight of a police officer.

I'm not the one claiming any special experience that qualifies me on this subject. YOU ARE. So, again, tell us how many people you had to taser in 25 years in this environment.

None yet. Bring your liberal white ass down where I am and see how long you last.

Let me explain this really slow, since you don't or won't get it: ELECTROCUTION is DEATH by electric shock. If you had been electrocuted, you wouldn't be here.

If you are elctrocuted by an outlet in your home, you die. Get it? If you live, you got shocked. How many amps do you think that typical circuit is rated for? 15? 20? How much does it take to kill a person? How did you get shocked but NOT electrocuted by a 20 amp circuit? Do you know? Is a taser AC or DC? What's the difference?

You are largely ignorant of this subject.

Let me repeat, since you are so slow, YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ELECTROCUTED.

Then what is the act of having electricity passing through you?

Alternating current allows electricity to be transported longer distances with fewer amps, thus why power lines are AC. Tasers use pules current, a mixture of alternating and direct ... sort of. 20 amps will kill you most likely, few people will survive that, wall outlets are at 15 amps and have about a 50% chance of killing a seemingly healthy person. Now, if you are done baiting ... tasers are not deadly to most people, they lack the amperage to kill unless there is a heart defect.

The internet crash course isn't going to save you.

Electrocution, again, is DEATH by electrical current. Having current passed through you is electrical shock.

And now that you have your internet search education, you've gone from saying that most people aren't killed by an electrical outlet shock to saying that it's a 50/50 proposition. And that's healthy people. If we add in the unhealthy, how many people are killed? And what is this about amperage? Before you were measuring taser current in watts?

You can fool some people with that song and dance.

None yet. Bring your liberal white ass down where I am and see how long you last.

You equate Detroit to Somalia. You claim 25 years in inner city housing. All of this somehow is supposed to relate to this discussion.

I am just asking you to clarify your statements. Did you ever use a taser, a weapon, anyhting like that over 25 years in these conditions?

And I never smoked pot *wink wink*

I dont believe it.

And if that IS true, then its perfect reason why tasers need to taken outta the police equipment.

You didn't... :ack-1:

I am just stating what the article said. Will have to wait for the autopsy.

Pepper spray it the way to go, but then most likely someone will bring about a blinded me lawsuit... :funnyface:

Haha, we live in a "I'm gonna sue you!" society I guess eh?

I agree, Pepper spray is the way to go. Ever been pepper sprayed? Its a blast. :tongue: (I want sprayed by cops thank god, just a friend)

We do indeed live in a litigious society. I chose to be a process server because I figured I couldn't possibly go broke betting on people's desire to sue each other. And I haven't.

In this case, I think it's a matter of shit happening sometimes, and weighing the risk to the person who's running from the cops against the risk to the cops and the bystanders, not to mention a brutality lawsuit ANYWAY because he got all bruised when they tackled his happy ass.

I've seen perps tasered and they all deserved it.

I could say you deserve to be tasered just for being so difficult here. Some might agree. Some might not. Doesn't really add to the debate. does it?

Again, what in your 25 years in these conditions, did you do? Taser anyone? Shoot anyone? How did you survive?

Ohms Law? You're kidding me?

Arm chair electrical geniuses.

you've proven yourself to be the biggest idiot on the board and it took you no time at all.. congratulations.. psuedolawyer

Seems people would rather the cops go back to shooting people. Well, I'm all for that, fewer criminals ultimately.

I havent seen anyone mention that yet.

Not saying I havent missed a few posts, but you cant be serious.

No what they want, is for the cop to stand there with his thumb up his azz and try to figure out who is "innocent" and who is not and then end up a dead cop! that's what it''s shaking out to be.. just take an extra second or two to try and second guess the situation and end up dead.

If we insist that cops be psychic from now on, we're going to have to give them a raise.

Forum List

Back