5'2", 110lbs. Can you handle him?

Hmm ... what part of "outside my window" did you miss? My window over looks a "parking" street, where many park to go to bars late at night. Every other night some dumbass teenagers get into it and the cops get called, if not already close. No, they don't cuff immediately ... couple of times they didn't cuff at all and let them go after a few questions, as long as they didn't run or resist that is.

Well, if they're called for a noise complaint it's different. I'm talking about suspects in a crime not violation of a noise ordinance. They pull up and nobody is fleeing or acting erratic, then what's the point. If they got a call about an assault and someone bolts when they pull up, that's when the real police work comes in. Apprehend and cuff...and kick the shit out of em if they wanna get Billy Badass on you.

Actually, no, most of the time it's for fighting (don't remember the actual cite reference) a couple of times for gunfire (some of those were actually fire crackers), usually with guns drawn and forced to the ground for a moment to assess the situation, then it all depends on what's going on.

Man, your city has some brave officers. If I was called out for gunfire, I am gonna run outta handcuffs and zip ties and rope and shoelaces and...you get the picture.

Can I pull one like my ex wife?

Choose the most difficult baking recipe in the cook book and begin preparing it as loudly and with as many pans and tins as possible. At midnight. And forcefully wash the dishes.

Choose the most difficult baking recipe in the cook book and begin preparing it as loudly and with as many pans and tins as possible. At midnight. And forcefully wash the dishes.

Damn SW, what did you do to make her so mad she wanted to cook for you?

I was pissed off cause it was July and she hadn't even had the decency to use her Christmas present I got her.

Pat downs don't require the arms to be "in position" first of all ... secondly, who says they actually did that successfully? Even the news doesn't mention if it was successful ... :eusa_whistle:

That is the first rule. Put the suspect in cuffs. There should be no pat downs or attempts until the suspects hands are restrained.

Not always, often they try to do the pat down instead of the cuffs, depending on the nature of the crime and the situation, especially with kids. If they resist the pat down THEN they cuff them. Minors are treated a bit differently now, since all the whiners were complaining about the cops being "too rough". Thanks to all the whining the cops are in a "no win" situation when dealing with several groups, and it's costing us law abiding citizens our safety.

Go back and read the link that Ravi posted. This kid DID resist the pat down. They did not cuff him, they tased him.

I was pissed off cause it was July and she hadn't even had the decency to use her Christmas present I got her.

You got her pots and pans for Christmas? Did she hit you over the head with a frying pan? Or taser you?

I'm going to move on, assuming the child is, infact, dead.

Now according to Kitten and a few others, it is standard parental procedure to teach your children not to run from police. Because this day I have learned that standard procedure trumps news and media reports, we can only assume that this child, infact, did not run.

Case closed. They killed an innocent child. Kitten says so.

People like you suck, you support criminals, period. Rant and rave about the one life they accidentally lose every once in a while because the perp was acting like an idiot, but then you probably cheer when cops get killed. Scum like you are the reason our cities are held hostage by gang bangers, just because they're fucking kids ...

Here's an idea, move to a third world country, or better, Iraq, where there are not cops. Then come back and complain about them.

You're too much. The perp was fucking learning disabled. This particular perp, in fact, just may have been an idiot! You continually ignore this and spew on and on the same bullshit over and over. And once again you make an asinine blanket statement.

First, procedure was not broken, based on the few "facts" offered by the media, there are many cases in which a taser is used prior to cuffing. Secondly, nothing is a sure way of avoiding death, period. There is always that chance of death, no matter what you do, there will always be a chance. The cops duty is to minimize that chance as much as they can while following procedure. However, people always try to paint the cops as the bad guys, even when they are doing what the public demanded they do, which people demanded tasers ... they spent millions of tax dollars getting these in many cities because the public demanded them since pepper spray was deemed unethical for some insane reason, and now they are whining about the tasers and demanding that they change again ... so where does the money come from? Our city is broke and cut a fortune from law enforcement funding because the tax payers didn't want to front their bill, and now they are complaining because there aren't enough cops to clear out the junkies ... seriously, you can't have it the way you dream most of the time.

I didn't say that they broke the law, but they broke procedure. Look in your procedural guide and see or call one of your cop friends and ask. They will tell you the same. I said that death could have been avoided. It's not a dream, it's reality. I've been there and a cop that tells you that you are supposed to taser a suspect before trying to restrain a suspect is a liar. It's the department's responsibility to train officers properly. Do you understand the concept of police mistakes? More times than not, they end in death.

Really, how are they suppose to cuff the kid if they are resisting without tasering? You have not given any possible scenario better than what they did which would not have resulted in any less of a chance of his death. It wasn't a mistake, it was an accident, no more a mistake than if the kid had fallen off a bridge running from them. They weighed options as quick as possible, in a possibly dangerous situation, and acted based on what they were trained. There was less than 1% chance of the kid dying from it, they took that chance in order to subdue him without causing anyone too much harm. It's the same chance of death from any other form of subduction, they did their job and are being hung out by criminal supporters just because it was just not their lucky day.

So now anyone resisting arrest gets tasered?? Got a source for that?

I didn't say that they broke the law, but they broke procedure. Look in your procedural guide and see or call one of your cop friends and ask. They will tell you the same. I said that death could have been avoided. It's not a dream, it's reality. I've been there and a cop that tells you that you are supposed to taser a suspect before trying to restrain a suspect is a liar. It's the department's responsibility to train officers properly. Do you understand the concept of police mistakes? More times than not, they end in death.

Really, how are they suppose to cuff the kid if they are resisting without tasering? You have not given any possible scenario better than what they did which would not have resulted in any less of a chance of his death. It wasn't a mistake, it was an accident, no more a mistake than if the kid had fallen off a bridge running from them. They weighed options as quick as possible, in a possibly dangerous situation, and acted based on what they were trained. There was less than 1% chance of the kid dying from it, they took that chance in order to subdue him without causing anyone too much harm. It's the same chance of death from any other form of subduction, they did their job and are being hung out by criminal supporters just because it was just not their lucky day.

it is a good catch there Zoom. If they resist, you cuff them. But then she claims if you resist, tase them.

Good catch but it's no good with this one. Delusional. She writes her official kitty police procedure book in the margins when needed.

I think this is her source.

I'm done in here. To KK, FH and others - you are wrong on this issue, you continually spew shit and have provided ZERO sources for your 'claims'. Your option is to ignore SW and other's questions, requests for resources, and personal experiences. You ignore the fact that two grown and trained city cops could have - and should have - grabbed and cuffed this 5'2", 110 lb. kid instead of using a taser. KK, you yourself said that at 95 lbs. you were able to take down a 300 lb. adult. Yet you claim that these TWO cops weren't able to take down a scrawny, short kid and had to use a taser. They made a bad call and you are full of bull fucking shit.

I'm done in here. To KK, FH and others - you are wrong on this issue, you continually spew shit and have provided ZERO sources for your 'claims'. Your option is to ignore SW and other's questions, requests for resources, and personal experiences. You ignore the fact that two grown and trained city cops could have - and should have - grabbed and cuffed this 5'2", 110 lb. kid instead of using a taser. KK, you yourself said that at 95 lbs. you were able to take down a 300 lb. adult. Yet you claim that these TWO cops weren't able to take down a scrawny, short kid and had to use a taser. They made a bad call and you are full of bull fucking shit.

Amen brother (or sister as it may be) Zoom!

Git 'em all worked up and pass the hat right away!

Forum List

Back