51% chance Dems keep the Senate

Seems to me 2014 has hinged on the ACA all along. If the Dems and the press can paint a rosy picture while avoiding the problems with it, the election could essentially end up a draw. It's not like the GOP is presenting a boatload of reasons to vote for them. A draw would be excellent for the Dems going into 2016.

The GOP has been taking victory laps for months now. Bad, bad idea.

We're trying to bounce these assholes out.

Mitch McConnell is one that needs to go.

Excellent idea. And replace him with a Democrat:D

Income inequality has not been addressed since?

422 taxes making it harder for everyone including the poor.

but aside from that, what a bullshit diversion from what he needed to get done.

but, what 20 million unemployed people to dems? possible future voters since they hopefully be pushed onto welfare.

Speaker Boehner never brought Obama's jobs bill to a vote. And he never came up with one himself.

This is the guy who campaigned in 2010 saying "Where are the jobs, Mr. President?"

So, besides job creation, what else is this a diversion from?

Obama's proposals are usually very expensive, so I don't doubt it.

Good question. I call bullshit whether the mom is 65 or not.

Pretty low to use one's mother to try and score a dopey message board point.

I am not trying to score anything.
I'm not lying.
Most of you all know me here and you know that's not how I am on this board.
I try my best to get correct information out and when I get things wrong or incorrect I say so and admit it.
I told you what really happened to my Mom.
It is a true fact.
My Mom was on the same brand name of blood pressure medication for 15 years.
When the New Health Care Bill passed her Dr. changed her meds to 2 different types of generic drugs and it did almost kill her.
The new bill encourages Doctors to try generic drugs to save money.
I get it and it's fine if you can use the generic types.
My mother couldn't and she would have never have gotten off the meds she was on for so many years if it wasn't for the push to use generic drugs when the New Health Care Bill passed.
She is fine now but it took 2 months for her to get back to normal.
She was under quite a bit of stress because of it.
None or our senior's should have to be put under such stress because of any bills that congress passes be it Republican or Democrat.

When the ACA passed, it was not immediatly put into effect. You are blaming a doctor's decision on something that had nothing at all to do with that decision. I was moved to a prescription that cost less money before that bill passed, simply to save the company, Kaiser, money. It worked equally well, so was a savings for all. That is the case in most such decisions. Occasionally it does not work out.

Before 09'?

I'm not lying.
I try my best to get correct information out and when I get things wrong or incorrect I say so and admit it.
It is a true fact.
When the New Health Care Bill passed her Dr. changed her meds to 2 different types of generic drugs and it did almost kill her.
My mother couldn't and she would have never have gotten off the meds she was on for so many years if it wasn't for the push to use generic drugs when the New Health Care Bill passed.
None or our senior's should have to be put under such stress because of any bills that congress passes be it Republican or Democrat.

When the ACA passed, it was not immediatly put into effect. You are blaming a doctor's decision on something that had nothing at all to do with that decision. I was moved to a prescription that cost less money before that bill passed, simply to save the company, Kaiser, money. It worked equally well, so was a savings for all. That is the case in most such decisions. Occasionally it does not work out.

My fault for not saying when this happened. I see where you think that it happened right after the bill was passed. :redface:
It happened in January of this year.

lol left-wing nutjobs said the same ting about the House in 2010

wait until the obamacare mandate kicks in. bye bye Dems!

You picked that? Too easy.

You cannot establish that anything "tyrannical" ( tie-ran-ik-ul), took place. Therefore, this has been a very short discussion.

The aca forces people to buy ins or face a fine. That's coercion
companies, except those that bribed their way out, must provide ins to full time emps or face a fine. That coercion and corruption

in other words, it is tyranny

No, it's a new regulation.

Are all new regulations tyranny?

OSHA forces brake repair businesses to use specific procedures when dealing with brake pad dust, since it contains cancer-causing properties.

Is that tyranny?

actually, no, since it would harm another person.

moron

How is fucking a citizen over with the force of monetary fines not tyranny?

good luck in your non-response, as you are not that one honest liberal

but, what 20 million unemployed people to dems? possible future voters since they hopefully be pushed onto welfare.

Speaker Boehner never brought Obama's jobs bill to a vote. And he never came up with one himself.

This is the guy who campaigned in 2010 saying "Where are the jobs, Mr. President?"

So, besides job creation, what else is this a diversion from?

no jobs bill ever succeeded, even obama thought it was funny his shovel ready non-sense made things worse.

Back in March the figures were looking like a GOP take over. The recent polls have shown that GOP advantage has largely gone down significantly and with a couple polls in Arkansas and Iowa actually favoring the Democrats, the Democrats for the first time in 2014 actually have a slim favor in retaining the senate.

Who Will Win The Senate? ? The Upshot Senate Forecasts ?*NYTimes.com

Improving opinion on Obamacare? Better opinions of Obama? Are Democrats finally getting a chance to spend money on the same level as the Kochs? Who knows...but the trend is certainly positive for the Democrats.

Fucking skewed polls!

Just like the 2012 election right? Karl Rove math lol

tyrannical enforcement of the aca on citizen except those that bribed their way off

tyranny; government through force or coercion.

You cannot establish that anything "tyrannical" ( tie-ran-ik-ul), took place. Therefore, this has been a very short discussion.

companies, except those that bribed their way out, must provide ins to full time emps or face a fine. That coercion and corruption

The idea of everyone paying in to offset higher usage by less healthy patients was a republican idea. As I've said before, I agree with it.
Everyone that can't or won't pay their hospital bills leave the caregivers no choice but to pass those costs onto other customers.

Parasites like you are the definition of tyranny, you force your expenses onto MY hospital bills! Deadbeat

The last election should have been about jobs, the economy, wasted and how worse things got.

But it was about utterly useless shit that has not been addressed since.

so yea, liberals believe everything the media tells them b/c they lack the intellect to think for themselves.

Off topic post.

Your mother?

Why would she be on Obamacare? Wouldn't she have Medicare?

I'm not lying.
It is a true fact.

You're still lying. Her doctor should know what drugs she's allergic to, plus her insurance company has been pushing for generic drugs all along.

Did she fall through the donut hole? Is that why she couldn't afford her usual meds? The donut hole that the ACA eliminated?

Except there were only 10,486,000 unemployed in March 2014. Even if you add in all those who say they want a job, but aren't doing anything about it or couldn't take a job if offered, that would bring it up to 16.6 million.

The idea of everyone paying in to offset higher usage by less healthy patients was a republican idea. As I've said before, I agree with it.
Everyone that can't or won't pay their hospital bills leave the caregivers no choice but to pass those costs onto other customers.

Parasites like you are the definition of tyranny, you force your expenses onto MY hospital bills! Deadbeat
lying ****

I don't pass my bills onto others.

Aside from that, you fucking ignorant skank, having the government force people to comply is not freedom.

but your to fucking dumb to understand b/c you can't think for yourself.

Except there were only 10,486,000 unemployed in March 2014. Even if you add in all those who say they want a job, but aren't doing anything about it or couldn't take a job if offered, that would bring it up to 16.6 million.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

19.4 million unemployed

go fuck yourself

but even if you weren't a fucking moron, 16.6 million jobless is not a reason for bragging.

Your mother?

Obamacare regulates the drug prices for everyone who has insurance.
They want to keep the drug prices low.
Every single one of us is under the Obama care rules and all insurances and Doctors and hospitals have to follow those rules.
Unless your very rich and can pay for it with your own money.

You got caught lying. How do you feel?

Every single one of us is under the Obama care rules and all insurances and Doctors and hospitals have to follow those rules.

No it doesn't.

Individual insurance plans may encourage generic drugs to save money, but Obamacare does not mandate it. Your mother is covered under Medicare and Medicare Part D ( a Bush program) prescription program.
Stop trying to blame every medical emergency on Obama

Every single Insurance and Drug company and Hospital are under the new regulations.
Her Doctor said that the new Health Care Law requires Doctors to use more generic brands of drugs. In order to save more money.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which President Obama signed on March 23, 2010, authorized the Food and Drug Administration to approve generic versions of biologic drugs.

It almost killed my Mother who was put on generic drugs to save money and she was allergic to both of them. Then it took her two months to get her blood pressure back to normal and one time she had to go to the emergency room because her blood pressure was over 200. They said she was very close to a stroke or heat attack.

When did this happen? The ACA insurance policies didn't start taking effect until January at the earliest.

And how is the doctor giving her the wrong prescription the fault of the ACA?

Because Righties love to lie about this shit and tell sob-stories which, when held up under the microscope, do not hold up.

As of now, in the RWNJ playbook, any fuck-up on the part of any doctor is automatically "Obumbler's" fault. This is how 4th grade the issue has become on their part. It's just plain old embarrassing.

Your mother?

You failed to answer the questions (no surprise) and you replied with nonsense.

Anyone can get non-generic meds, at a higher copay than generics. For example, my generics are $5, my brand name scrips are $30.

I'm not lying.
It is a true fact.

You're still lying. Her doctor should know what drugs she's allergic to, plus her insurance company has been pushing for generic drugs all along.

Did she fall through the donut hole? Is that why she couldn't afford her usual meds? The donut hole that the ACA eliminated?

Instead of calling people liars, read the fkn bill!

Title VII is what [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] is talking about.

And all of you owe her an apology.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Title VII - Wikisource, the free online library

Instead of calling people liars, read the fkn bill!

Title VII is what [MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION] is talking about.

And all of you owe her an apology.

Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Title VII - Wikisource, the free online library

Sorry, MeBelle, but we don't owe the liar anything.

The link you posted refers to biosimilar drugs - drugs that are similar in composition and effect, like penicillin and amoxocillin. A "similar" drug has a "similar" effect. The patient should not have reacted.

Her doctor should have been aware of the patient's history.

And as I've pointed out several times, GENERIC DRUGS HAVE BEEN PROMOTED BY INSURANCE COMPANIES ALL ALONG.

But why a sudden change from one scrip to another? My mom's on medicare, so I know she has the option TO CHOOSE FOR HERSELF which drug she wants. She preferred the more expensive name brand drug, but every year when the Part B donut hole opened up, she went with the generics. (Did you notice that I said every year? Because this has been going on longer than the ACA existed. It goes back to Dubya's "reform.") Fortunately Mommy doesn't have to worry about that this year, the ACA medicare expansion passed in Ohio.

Boy,
A few of you have added into things that was never said or even implied.
Now it is my fault that I did not mention when this happened to my Mom, and I have corrected that and said it happened in January of this year.

The New Health Care act does encourage Medicare patients to use generic drugs to try and save costs.
I have not lied about anything.

Don't take my word for it take this Doctors word.

USPharmacist.com > Trends in Generic Drug Reimbursement in Medicaid and Medicare

Generic drugs remain the best bargain in health care, and given the recent enactment of health care reform legislation (The Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act, P.L. 111-148),1 the use of generic medications is likely to increase significantly.

This means that federally sponsored health care plans will pay for even more prescription drugs than they do now, and federal reimbursement policies will have more influence on how generic drugs are used and how they are dispensed. Right now, federal government programs pay for, on average, about half of all prescriptions dispensed by independent community pharmacies.2 That includes Medicare Part D, Medicaid, the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), TRICARE (military health plan), the 340B Drug Pricing Program, and Veterans Affairs (VA) prescriptions. For that reason, it is important for federal payment policies to create incentives for pharmacists to work with physicians and health plans to use generic drugs where appropriate for the patient.

The new health care reform law also makes some important changes to generic drug coverage under Medicare Part D.

Because of the Health Care Law my Mom's Doctor tried to get her on generic medication. Her Doctor did not know nor did my Mom know that she would be allergic to the generic.
But the New Health Care bill does encourage and pushes to use generic drugs just like I said all along.

I'm not lying.
It is a true fact.

You are assuming much. Nothing was ever said about whether my mom could or could not afford her meds.
Buy the way, she can afford her meds.

How can you know if you are allergic to something if you have never used it before?

No her insurance was not pushing for generic. Her Doctor made that decision based on the new health care bill and tried to get her on generic drugs in January of 2014 in order to bring health care costs down.

No, it's a new regulation.

Are all new regulations tyranny?

OSHA forces brake repair businesses to use specific procedures when dealing with brake pad dust, since it contains cancer-causing properties.

Is that tyranny?

I love to watch the mental gymnastics you people use to defend the Boi King.

Forum List

Back