5 Ways Pope Francis Has Shocked Conservative Christians

R

rdean

The Pope had already implied that atheists who live a moral life might find a way into heaven and declined to pass judgment on gay people (literally, he said, “Who am I to judge?”). This forgiving, inclusive and compassionate church is not the one conservatives signed up for.

1. Pope Francis said it is our moral duty to address climate change.

2. Pope Francis said women who have had abortions can be absolved of their “sin.”

3. Pope Francis called unfettered capitalism the “dung of the devil.”

4. Pope Francis rejected creationism.

5. Pope Francis made it easier and cheaper to get marriages annulled.

5 Ways Pope Francis Has Shocked Conservative Christians » Page 2 of 2

But the annulment move makes it seem a lot more possible that communion for the divorced may be on its way.

American conservatives were pretty quiet about this change, probably because many of them have been divorced and remarried multiple times (Kim Davis), so that would be pretty hypocritical.

The Pope had already implied that atheists who live a moral life might find a way into heaven and declined to pass judgment on gay people (literally, he said, “Who am I to judge?”). This forgiving, inclusive and compassionate church is not the one conservatives signed up for.

2. Pope Francis said women who have had abortions can be absolved of their “sin.”

But the annulment move makes it seem a lot more possible that communion for the divorced may be on its way.

American conservatives were pretty quiet about this change, probably because many of them have been divorced and remarried multiple times (Kim Davis), so that would be pretty hypocritical.
Zero about the pope surprises me, nor concerns me. He is simply a figurehead of the devil himself. Satan incarnate. The whole Catholic thing is a joke and I can't understand why people believe in such bullshit. Indoctrination, I suppose. Born a Catholic, raised a Catholic, don't know any different, unfortunately. But, then being a Catholic is like having no religion at all, so what's the difference.

1) he is wrong. Nothing shocking about that. Many people have been defrauded by global warming.

2) conservatives are the ones teaching forgiveness.nothing shocking about that.

3) not really shocking either. Why is that shocking?

4) haven't seen that one but again why should it shock us?

5) so? Why should it be difficult or expensive? And how does that change the fact that he isn't encouraging it.

Your shocking points are pretty sad.

1) he is wrong. Nothing shocking about that. Many people have been defrauded by global warming.

5) so? Why should it be difficult or expensive? And how does that change the fact that he isn't encouraging it.

Yes, but they are valid points aren't they. That's why you object. That and the fact that you too are Catholic and living the same game.

Conservatives teaching "forgiveness"? Hilarious!

your forgot the condoms, and gays, being permitted

your forgot the condoms, and gays, being permitted
Gays being permitted? What? To live?

Google

He's the Obama of Popes, a man who hates and seeks to destroy the organization he leads

you actually made a point that did occur to me last nite------he seems to be something like an attack on the catholic church----------maybe he will mellow

He also said that he's allowed to drink on the job.

Yes, but they are valid points aren't they. That's why you object. That and the fact that you too are Catholic and living the same game.

Avatar is a Mormon. He is not a Catholic.

He's the Obama of Popes, a man who hates and seeks to destroy the organization he leads

you actually made a point that did occur to me last nite------he seems to be something like an attack on the catholic church----------maybe he will mellow

Trump should deport him too

Zero about the pope surprises me, nor concerns me. He is simply a figurehead of the devil himself. Satan incarnate. The whole Catholic thing is a joke and I can't understand why people believe in such bullshit. Indoctrination, I suppose. Born a Catholic, raised a Catholic, don't know any different, unfortunately. But, then being a Catholic is like having no religion at all, so what's the difference.
All Christians should be praying for the salvation of the Catholic people. They cannot see what is happening because Satan has blinded them to the truth. They have been deceived. They need prayer.

I'm praying God will cancel his trip and he will stay in Rome. I pray the LORD will grant my request to cancel his trip. I know the judgment of God is on America and He has permitted these strong delusions on those who "loved not the truth", but I also believe in the power of prayer and deliverance for the Catholic people who desire to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and go to heaven when the time comes.

I'm praying God will cancel his trip and he will stay in Rome. I pray the LORD will grant my request to cancel his trip. I know the judgment of God is on America and He has permitted these strong delusions on those who "loved not the truth", but I also believe in the power of prayer and deliverance for the Catholic people who desire to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and go to heaven when the time comes.
So who do you think god will listen to? The Pope, leader of all gods Catholics? Or some douchesack ranting falseties about Him on a chatboard in the middle of nowhere?

Jeremiah,

Protestants have been repeating the same pack of lies about Catholicism for 500 years.

We'll somehow survive any way.

But thanks for the prayers.

People born and raised in Catholicism are entirely brainwashed. I've spoken to many that don't even know why they are Catholic, and, don't even AGREE but refuse to leave the Catholic church. I think some of it is family and/or peer pressure. They wrap their identity up in it.

Their doctrine and ways are messed up big time. I'm not say a person that is Catholic can not be saved or born again etc. But some of the doctrine is so anti-Biblical it's scary.

The Catholic church has its members jumping through man made hoops to salvation. That isnt Christianity.
Anything that refers to the divine Mary is not Biblical.
No church leader has the ability to offer forgiveness, or prevent it.
Ive heard many people say they are recovering Catholics...I never understood that...until alter on....Its the mad made rules that did that.
Still...there are many devout Catholics who are Christians.

The pope implying theres no hell ( not sure if he said it outright or tried to imply it) is not Christian.

and what the church leaders hid

Forum List

Back