What Did Jesus Have That Buddha Didn't Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015

Buddha

Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty–seven days and Jesus for forty. Both wandered to a fig tree at the conclusion of their fasts. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:

“When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self–possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty–nine years of age… “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age.” (Luke 3:23). Both were tempted by the “devil” at the beginning of their ministry: To Buddha, he said: “Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents.” To Jesus, he said: “All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:9). Buddha answered the “devil”: “Get you away from me.”

Jesus responded: “…begone, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10). Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic’s eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. Jesus said: “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;.” (Matthew 5:29).

Buddha had a CHIGNON on the top of his head and Jesus had
a Yarmulka. How can an eyeball offend anyone?

Buddha

Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty–seven days and Jesus for forty. Both wandered to a fig tree at the conclusion of their fasts. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:

“When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self–possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty–nine years of age… “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age.” (Luke 3:23). Both were tempted by the “devil” at the beginning of their ministry: To Buddha, he said: “Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents.” To Jesus, he said: “All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:9). Buddha answered the “devil”: “Get you away from me.”

Jesus responded: “…begone, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10). Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic’s eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. Jesus said: “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;.” (Matthew 5:29).

You might want to do some research on what actually happened with the Buddha.

He was originally born Siddhartha Gautma and was a prince, who, at the age of 29 (not 12) snuck out of the palace one night and saw a beggar who was at peace.

He then spent the next period of his life as an ascetic who lived by begging. Many depictions of Buddha during this time show him as a ragged skinny man.

Later, Buddha found enlightenment sitting under a Bohdi tree (not a fig), and came up with the Middle Path. Depictions of the Buddha changed after he'd become enlightened, because now he was wearing a gold chain, clothed in silk robes and a bit on the chubby side.

Sorry, but the OP's information on Buddha is wrong.

Gautama Buddha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

op: "What Did Jesus Have That Buddha Didn't Have?"

answer: a washboard stomach painted on his image by the artist.

Buddha had a CHIGNON on the top of his head and Jesus had
a Yarmulka. How can an eyeball offend anyone?

Maybe you are taking this saying a bit to literal?

That is for both the Buddha and Jesus, when I think about it.

Buddha

Plagiarize much?

10 Christ-Like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

Here are ten of the figures often sited:

10. Buddha
buddhaa.jpg

9. Krishna
- See more at: 10 Christ-Like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

You should take care when it comes to forgiving ones enemies.

They may still wish to harm you.

I believe the OP was lifted from a book called Words of God or Words of Men by A.I. Mind.

Last edited:
Thread closed. When cutting and pasting from another source, you need to link to that source or it's plagierism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back