4th warmest January

And for the rest of the story.....

In terms of record temperatures set or tied during January, cold records handily beat warm records, with more than two and a half as many record cold daily highs and lows compared to warm daily highs and warm daily lows.

2_13_14_jandivisionmaps-640x525.gif

Forget the Polar Vortex: January Wasn't That Cold

And this is what pisses me off with averages. The headline reads January wasn't that cold. One day we in Manitoba were colder than the surface of Mars.

I don't give a shit about averages. They don't tell the whole climate story.

Last edited:
And where I live I sure would love some global warming. You should see my heating bills. Even with wood stoves as back up people are freaking at the cost.

And then we have to endure some numb nut on a science program lecturing on how mercury filled light bulbs are better because they don't create heat. Well hell's bells I love anything that creates heat at minus 30 C. Sheesh.

Manitoba experiences 2nd coldest winter in 120 years

Manitobans are shivering through the coldest stretch of December and January in 65 years — and second coldest in 120 years.

Since 1894, only 1949 was colder than this, said Dave Phillips, senior climatologist at Environment Canada.

He has been looking over the records for those months and found Winnipeg had 21 days below –30 C. Typically, there are only nine of those by this time of year.

Manitoba experiences 2nd coldest winter in 120 years - Manitoba - CBC News

Last edited:
Have not been to Manitoba yet, but if it is like the rest of Canada that I have traveled in, the country and the people are great. However, it is not the whole of the world. And the whole of the world, by ground and satellite measurements, was quite warm this January, especially considering we are still in an ENSO neutral state.

• Banned
And for the rest of the story.....

In terms of record temperatures set or tied during January, cold records handily beat warm records, with more than two and a half as many record cold daily highs and lows compared to warm daily highs and warm daily lows.

2_13_14_jandivisionmaps-640x525.gif

Forget the Polar Vortex: January Wasn't That Cold

And this is what pisses me off with averages. The headline reads January wasn't that cold. One day we in Manitoba were colder than the surface of Mars.

I don't give a shit about averages. They don't tell the whole climate story.

The difference is compared to the avg for that location(each location being avged)...Then we avg this to get a global avg.

Those cold to warm ratio's for January are just for the United states...A very small part of the globe. What would be the true story is the same on the global level.

Last edited:
handily

The k00ks are cherry picking the shit again.

Call us when the "world" is warming s0ns. My balls have been blue since January 4th and the whole of Lake Superior is ice.

Like Ive said........the AGW crowd has the distinct inability to think on the margin. They really do think a smidgen of elevation in temperature worldwide is going to move the hordes into action. That, of course, is utter nonsense, except to the person who cant think on the margin.

Heres the poop........when they are showing photos on NBC 6 O'clock News a person waterskiing in northern Alaska where it has been 70 degree's for 3 weeks straight in mid-January.........THATS when anybody except the religion will pay attention.

Last edited:
The Amish tea-party says so what.

Science is about finding the what ;)

wtf are you babbling about dumbass?

I'll stick with nasa and the best meteorological organizion on earth(noaa) before I'll side with some anti-science goat fucker like your tea-party.

The Taliban is starting to make you people look good!

Forum List

Back