48%...

Well, if you had actually read it, it was a projection of 1.1 million new bankruptcies. A projection. On average, there are roughly 500k bankruptcies in America during normal economic times.

I used the projected number of bankruptcies and just used your "Half of all bankruptcies are medical" as a base line to continue the discussion.

In reality, no one of us (including you) has hard numbers to base anything on.

What we do have is past performance of government, some critical thought, and an analysis of commonly held beliefs of so-called experts.

We have rough numbers. However, if we are to use the 600,000 cases number, then your logic is still not flawless.

You still have failed to address my points about your flawed assumptions.
No, I did address them. A crisis of the magnitude that the government is telling us is happening would indicate that fully 25% of the population was, due to the health care system, bankrupt, unable to get any medical attention because they could not pay for it or were being turned away from medical attention due to their ability to pay.

None of that is happening. In every society, there are going to be specific percentages of people who fall between the cracks. The floor cannot be fully cement AND affordable.

Then there is the issue of legality. The US government simply does not have the authority to do what they are attempting to do.

Absolutely they Don't, not under any auspices. They are Forcing Commerce. some cite Interstate Commerce Clause, others yet apply the 16th Amnedment...

Still yet others apply General Welfare Clause...

NONE of which are applicable. I am still waiting for someone come up with the REAL answer.

And thus reflects as to WHY this thread and POLL Results are pertinent.

People are waking up to the fact that their government is leading down to an abyss for which many are realizing WE may never recover.

Okay. Needed to run up to the high school. But I can't stay anyway. Catch you all later.

We have rough numbers. However, if we are to use the 600,000 cases number, then your logic is still not flawless.

You still have failed to address my points about your flawed assumptions.
No, I did address them. A crisis of the magnitude that the government is telling us is happening would indicate that fully 25% of the population was, due to the health care system, bankrupt, unable to get any medical attention because they could not pay for it or were being turned away from medical attention due to their ability to pay.

None of that is happening. In every society, there are going to be specific percentages of people who fall between the cracks. The floor cannot be fully cement AND affordable.

Then there is the issue of legality. The US government simply does not have the authority to do what they are attempting to do.

Absolutely they Don't, not under any auspices. They are Forcing Commerce. some cite Interstate Commerce Clause, others yet apply the 16th Amnedment...

Still yet others apply General Welfare Clause...

NONE of which are applicable. I am still waiting for someone come up with the REAL answer.

And thus reflects as to WHY this thread and POLL Results are pertinent.

People are waking up to the fact that their government is leading down to an abyss for which many are realizing WE may never recover.
thats the part that worries Me the most. We always could recover. This time, the chances are probable.

So, what do we have here?

The Government is going to take over one-sixth of the economy by passing this legislation.

They are raising taxes on everyone to pay for a program that does not even begin until 2012.

They are putting requirements on citizens to purchase a product, even if they don't wish it and will jail and significantly fine those who will not cooperate.

They claim health care won't be rationed, but that has already begun.

The Job market is bleak, job creation is non-existent and this Administration is doing nothing about it.

They are going to tax the citizenry for their energy usage based upon voodoo science and;

Their poll numbers are down to 48% and falling.

This is a good poker hand to get re-elected?

What? You're not feeling all warm and cozy? Detention camp for you!
I'd laugh..but that may get Me bread and water for a month!:lol:

48% ??

Holy Shit! I'd be concerned if the republicans actually had a credible candidate or a credible platform to defeat Obama in 2012.

Slip slidin' away....

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Yes and rasmussen is saying the same. Maybe that's why Chriss Matthews called him an " intellectual egghead." It's kind of like the stock market once these numbers break new lows, they continue to go even lower. Where do you think the bottom is, it's a guessing game right now, but I would not be at all surprised to see him in the high 30's by mid January.

48% ??

Holy Shit! I'd be concerned if the republicans actually had a credible candidate or a credible platform to defeat Obama in 2012.

Let me list them for you, just to name a few.
1. Palin.
2. Pawlenty
3. Huckabee.
4. Gingrich.
5. Romney.

2012 is a long time away but one thing for sure is by the time we get there and your guy is still way way left of mainstream you could run your local dog catcher and the dog catcher would win. We will be handing out bumper stickers like we did when Carter was in only this time they will be reading, " Say goodbye Barrach."

Last edited:
Slip slidin' away....

Yes and rasmussen is saying the same. Maybe that's why Chriss Matthews called him an " intellectual egghead." It's kind of like the stock market once these numbers break new lows, they continue to go even lower. Where do you think the bottom is, it's a guessing game right now, but I would not be at all surprised to see him in the high 30's by mid January.

Or lower IF this abduction of 1/6th of the US Economy goe forth? It won't be only the Congress that will suffer at the hands of the people.

2010 WILL be interesting. It will be interesting to see the excuses forthcoming for those tha have been bought like Landrieu, and others.

And Bought at OUR expense. And don't think for one minute that Obama hasn't his hand in this such as his visit to the Hill when the House was contemplating a vote just weeks ago.

Those 'Blue Dogs' were precisely BOUGHT by Obama. That was the purpose of his visit, and the CLOSED DOORS we observed.

Slip slidin' away....

Or lower IF this abduction of 1/6th of the US Economy goe forth? It won't be only the Congress that will suffer at the hands of the people.

2010 WILL be interesting. It will be interesting to see the excuses forthcoming for those tha have been bought like Landrieu, and others.

And Bought at OUR expense. And don't think for one minute that Obama hasn't his hand in this such as his visit to the Hill when the House was contemplating a vote just weeks ago.

Those 'Blue Dogs' were precisely BOUGHT by Obama. That was the purpose of his visit, and the CLOSED DOORS we observed.

Yes, they were bought but they are going to pay a very heavy price for it at the voting booth. They just commited political suicide.:clap2::clap2:

How long before we start hearing this 'poll' means nothing?

If you take the three most recent national polls - Fox, Gallup, and Rasmussen, you see the following job approval results. These numbers now indicate some moderate Democrats are breaking from Obama along with the larger numbers of Independents who have been doing so for months...

46%

48%

48%

There is serious trouble in Obamaland.

And look for the healthcare debate to get very ugly this week - that is coming very soon...:eusa_angel:

Of course. How long before we hear that these polls asked the wrong question(s) or the wrong demographic...or to further how long before we hear from on high that the American people are accused to being swayed by the Nazi's in the 'TeaBagger's' movement?

Belive me...it's coming.

Nazis in the Teabagger's movement ? :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: I was under the impression that ALL the Teabaggers and ALL the anti-Libs were Nazis :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

48% ??

1. Palin.
2. Pawlenty
3. Huckabee.
4. Gingrich.
5. Romney.

2012 is a long time away but one thing for sure is by the time we get there and your guy is still way way left of mainstream you could run your local dog catcher and the dog catcher would win. We will be handing out bumper stickers like we did when Carter was in only this time they will be reading, " Say goodbye Barrach."
The only one in that bunch who really has a snowball's chance is Pawlenty, and he was one of McQuisling's top butt boys in the '08 campaign.

Gonna be tough sledding if the GOP doesn't find someone with some genuine appeal.

Yes, they were bought but they are going to pay a very heavy price for it at the voting booth. They just commited political suicide.:clap2::clap2:
Even the kamkazies of Imperial Japan were more noble than today's Statist DemocRATS, albiet the intent is the same.

Even the kamkazies of Imperial Japan were more noble than today's Statist DemocRATS, albiet the intent is the same.

Pelosi's and Reid's kamkazies, I wonder if these brain dead blue dogs understand that they don't get 76 virgins in heaven when they commit political suicide. :lol:

48% ??

1. Palin.
2. Pawlenty
3. Huckabee.
4. Gingrich.
5. Romney.

The only one in that bunch who really has a snowball's chance is Pawlenty, and he was one of McQuisling's top butt boys in the '08 campaign.

Gonna be tough sledding if the GOP doesn't find someone with some genuine appeal.

The GOP has to return to it's conservative base or it loses again. I would like to see a Palin and Pawlenty team. It would be a very quick death blow to the liberal democratic party and one that they would win before the polls had a chance to close in California. A Jimmy Carter moment again for all to see.:lol:

48% ??

1. Palin.
2. Pawlenty
3. Huckabee.
4. Gingrich.
5. Romney.

Can't say I agree with your conclusion.

Sarah is kicking the shit out of Obama, and Obama is really getting exposed now, and will probably get exposed to the last wort on his left testicle when the elections begin.

And even if Sarah might reach her peak before she might slide, Huckabee will easily be "DA MAN". Especially when Huckabee's show is revealing his engaging personality which also sheds the possibly erroneous impression that he is a religious right wing nutjob because he is (?) or was a pastor. In my case, I am actually not only not religious. I am quasi ANTI Religious....... and I am impressed and I like Huckabee.

Huckabee is EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT, LOTSA EXPERIENCE AS A SUCCESSFUL GOVERNOR, therefore LOTSA POLITICAL SAVVY.......has spoken on a zillion topics exhibiting a TREMENDOUSLY IMPRESSIVE GRASP ON ALL THE ISSUES......and he is there practically every night for public scrutiny.

1. Palin.
2. Pawlenty
3. Huckabee.
4. Gingrich.
5. Romney.

Sarah is kicking the shit out of Obama, and Obama is really getting exposed now, and will probably get exposed to the last wort on his left testicle when the elections begin.

And even if Sarah might reach her peak before she might slide, Huckabee will easily be "DA MAN". Especially when Huckabee's show is revealing his engaging personality which also sheds the possibly erroneous impression that he is a religious right wing nutjob because he is (?) or was a pastor. In my case, I am actually not only not religious. I am quasi ANTI Religious....... and I am impressed and I like Huckabee.

Huckabee is EXTREMELY INTELLIGENT, LOTSA EXPERIENCE AS A SUCCESSFUL GOVERNOR, therefore LOTSA POLITICAL SAVVY.......has spoken on a zillion topics exhibiting a TREMENDOUSLY IMPRESSIVE GRASP ON ALL THE ISSUES......and he is there practically every night for public scrutiny.
Huckabee is a guaranteed loser and to the left of Pawlenty....He can't even beat Romney. I also doubt that he'll be able to overcome his reputation as the sandbagger he was for McQuisling on '08.

If Palin is going to have any more than the next-to-zero chance she has right now, she'll have to become a lot better informed and much more articulate on the issues.

Right now, I see the GOP acting like the dems in 2003, when they thought that they could just mail it in with Lurch.

Pelosi's and Reid's kamkazies, I wonder if these brain dead blue dogs understand that they don't get 76 virgins in heaven when they commit political suicide. :lol:

SOUPGUY.jpg

NO VIRGINS FOR YOU! Get BACK IN the Employment LINE!

1. Palin.
2. Pawlenty
3. Huckabee.
4. Gingrich.
5. Romney.

No, I don't think so. I like him alot and think that he is a great guy, but with his talk show he is too overexposed and people will likely tire of him. If you are on television too much people get bored with you and tend to go away. I am not saying that I would be opposed to him at all, I just don't think he will get the nod.

Palin will carry the women vote and rob the democrats of that valued position. Women love her and they will support her, even many of the moderate Hillary voters will go over. Keep in mind women make up over 50% of the vote, now you put Pawlenty on the team and you have a team that will kick ass and take names later.:lol::lol:

If you have not read Palin's book, you need to, she is no dummy, she cleaned up corruption in her state, intitiated the largest natural gas pipeline in history, cut taxes and the budget, took on big oil and won. That's just what she did in the 2 1/2 years as governor. She did much much more than that as mayor in Washilla and as a chair on an energy advisory board. Fascinating read and a very educational one too.

Forum List

Back