$42 a month

I am poor and can't afford insurance... so I go to the local emergency room with my 3 kids and get taken care of. They legally have to accept us and treat us.

I get bills but don't pay them... so I have great coverage.

That is why it was necessary to fix our healthcare system

It doesn't appear to be broken by those in Nonelitist' position. Obamacare will not stop such a practice from occurring, only a naive fool would think otherwise.

No way 42 per month. I need to see the ad. It is either a scam or a political faker. The cheapest I have seen for individual insurance was 20 years ago, and that was $150, and that was before a bunch of goofy mandates jacked the price way up.

No way 42 per month. I need to see the ad. It is either a scam or a political faker. The cheapest I have seen for individual insurance was 20 years ago, and that was $150, and that was before a bunch of goofy mandates jacked the price way up.

Depends on the state you are in; right now a 20-year old man can insure with a $2,000 deductible for $53/mo with Wellpoint in Indianapolis (WSJ Feb 7 - "A Wasted Opportunity" Weekend Interview with Wellpoint CEO Angela Braley)

Mind telling us your state?
EDIT: Indianapolis area has one of the higher rates in Indiana

Last edited:

Exactly.............EXCEPT FOR THOSE PEOPLE in D.C. Didn't I read somewhere that those 'evil politicians' can have top of the line coverage for about $500/year, $41.66/mo,! And then they exempt themselves from being tossed in the 'slaughter house health care plan' that is law now, and will manifest into who knows what along with increased costs far from the initial costs already in the trillions. That's got to be where the so called $42/mo came from.

They are SCREWING us folks, and we will LOVE IT or else, Obama and his goons say so, in so many words.

. Why, if the Health care BILL is so good for US, is it NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM?

I thought I read that a single person's insurance would increase $42 dollars a month.

I think that is where they are getting the number.

As the bill stands the average single male would pay 42 more a month by 2014

The bill will be tweeked over those years so any current prediction could be wrong.

Last edited:
I am poor and can't afford insurance... so I go to the local emergency room with my 3 kids and get taken care of. They legally have to accept us and treat us.

I get bills but don't pay them... so I have great coverage.

That is why it was necessary to fix our healthcare system

What needs fixed? I get my healthcare and don't have to pay for it.

Can the OP post the link or some description please. Otherwise this is a complete farce.

It was some thing a poster here said but I couldn't find the link so I was hoping he/she would comment on it.

I thought I read that a single person's insurance would increase $42 dollars a month.

As the bill stands the average single male would pay 42 more a month by 1914.

The bill will be tweeked over those years so any current prediction could be wrong.

Join the new millennium! You are only 100 years off. Far better than normal in your posts, but still!

I pay nothing per month for healthcare insurance and raised five kids to the age of majority without that so-called benefit.

I assume you had the means to pay for all of these kids if something happened to them? Otherwise I don't see how you can possibly justify not having insurance for FIVE kids considering the amount of shit that can happen to them.

Exactly.............EXCEPT FOR THOSE PEOPLE in D.C. Didn't I read somewhere that those 'evil politicians' can have top of the line coverage for about $500/year, $41.66/mo,! And then they exempt themselves from being tossed in the 'slaughter house health care plan' that is law now, and will manifest into who knows what along with increased costs far from the initial costs already in the trillions. That's got to be where the so called $42/mo came from.

They are SCREWING us folks, and we will LOVE IT or else, Obama and his goons say so, in so many words.

. Why, if the Health care BILL is so good for US, is it NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM?

You have a link on any of that??

Don't bother.........we know you don't

I read it too, yesterday.
The COST isn't 42 bucks, the RISE IN COST.

"Beginning in 2014, most Americans will be required to buy insurance or pay a tax penalty. That's when premiums for young adults seeking coverage on the individual market would likely climb by 17 percent on average, or roughly $42 a month, according to an analysis of the plan conducted for The Associated Press. "

from;
The Associated Press: Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults

I pay nothing per month for healthcare insurance and raised five kids to the age of majority without that so-called benefit.

I assume you had the means to pay for all of these kids if something happened to them? Otherwise I don't see how you can possibly justify not having insurance for FIVE kids considering the amount of shit that can happen to them.

That wouldn't be too unusual depending on his age. A lot of people who couldn't afford HC insurance gambled that their kids wouldn't fall victim to a major illness or injury.

Join the new millennium! You are only 100 years off. Far better than normal in your posts, but still!

Sorry been writing 19 most of my life

I read it too, yesterday.
The COST isn't 42 bucks, the RISE IN COST.

"Beginning in 2014, most Americans will be required to buy insurance or pay a tax penalty. That's when premiums for young adults seeking coverage on the individual market would likely climb by 17 percent on average, or roughly $42 a month, according to an analysis of the plan conducted for The Associated Press. "

from;
The Associated Press: Health premiums could rise 17 pct for young adults
Thanks.

Sorry been writing 19 most of my life

I know how that is. I didn't even catch the error, or you can bet I would have razzed you about it.

Immie

That wouldn't be too unusual depending on his age. A lot of people who couldn't afford HC insurance gambled that their kids wouldn't fall victim to a major illness or injury.

I didn't have it for a bit, my mother learned the ramifications of that when I had to get stitches in my arm after falling and cutting it wide open one day.

Hello multi thousand dollar bill for negligible amount of doctor's work. I think it worked out to something like $700 a stitch or something. She ponied up after that :p.

I can't imagine having to pay for legitimate medical bill from like a lasting ailment, especially for five kids. You know they say mankind is getting worse, but if those are the type of logical decisions that were occuring back then, thank GOD we're getting worse then.

Forum List

Back