$42 a month

My rate was $77 a month for 47 year male but I started paying $10 more for a 3 year guaranteed rate lock so I will not get hit with Obama increase so I pay $87 a month.

I read elsewhere here that it would cost $42 a month for a single person to get health insurance.

That is less than a quarter of what I pay for a family of four with no dental, eye, or prescription coverage.

And I'm expected to be sympathetic.

Well, guess what? I'm not.
Where did you read this? How to destroy an economy in 12 easy lessons?

Simply saying that it would cost you 42 bucks a month does not make it true.

I am poor and can't afford insurance... so I go to the local emergency room with my 3 kids and get taken care of. They legally have to accept us and treat us.

I get bills but don't pay them... so I have great coverage.

That is why it was necessary to fix our healthcare system
That is the official party line.

Except that even Obama has said that this is a program that the democrats have been trying to pass for decades. In fact, a little history shows that the progressive movement has been trying to get their hands upon the health care system in this country since the early 1900's. The problem of going to the emergency room with 5 kids and it being against the law to turn them away did not exist then.

Clearly, there were other motivations for shoving an unwanted health care legislation down our throats.

Yeah, yeah. I know. The majority of the people are for health care reform. In fact, they are so much for it that the Democrats had to resort to parliamentary chicanery to get it passed.

For America's sake, I hope that this gets shot down in the courts. Or that a new congress will have the balls to rescind this legislation.

I read elsewhere here that it would cost $42 a month for a single person to get health insurance.

That is less than a quarter of what I pay for a family of four with no dental, eye, or prescription coverage.

I work in academia and the health benefits are great. I think I pay like $24 a month.

I work in academia and the health benefits are great. I think I pay like $24 a month.

Does your employer pay into your healthcare costs?

If your employer picks up 80% of your healtcare costs then the pair of you pay $100ish a month. A great job benefit more folks should have.

I am quite fortunate: I pay nothing monthly for a great Blue Cross Blue Shield plan along with my VA medical care.

1. Where is this plan (link)?
2. What is the deductible?
3. What is the copay?

I would like to see a link to that and know what insurance company was providing the coverage, limits, deductibles etc. etc. etc.

Immie

Again, my experience is three times that for a horrible policy with high deductables and a low catastrophic limit. Then again, if the kid has a pre-existing condition he might as well forget it

Well, people shouldn't have pre-existing conditions. If they do, tough shit. Nobody else should have to pay for their sorry ass.

I would like to see a link to that and know what insurance company was providing the coverage, limits, deductibles etc. etc. etc.

Immie

Again, my experience is three times that for a horrible policy with high deductables and a low catastrophic limit. Then again, if the kid has a pre-existing condition he might as well forget it

My previous employer was paying over $300/month for single coverage. Don't remember the exact figure. I think it was in the neighborhood of $340/month.

I find the $42 to be... how might I say this delicately? Unbelievable?

It sounds more like a term life insurance policy than a health insurance policy.

Immie

It's a load of crap. End of story.

I pay nothing per month for healthcare insurance and raised five kids to the age of majority without that so-called benefit.

I assume you had the means to pay for all of these kids if something happened to them? Otherwise I don't see how you can possibly justify not having insurance for FIVE kids considering the amount of shit that can happen to them.

He had no worries. If anything serious happened to one of his kids, he would have gone the route of Nonelitist.

Something wrong with that picture, we pay $750/mo for two people with a large well known company plus co-pays for meds that have gone from predominantly from $10 to $25 and $50 PER and we all know why I am sure they are sneaking these increases in under our noses.

I live on less than that and I have a gardener :lol::lol::lol:

I pay nothing per month for healthcare insurance and raised five kids to the age of majority without that so-called benefit.

I assume you had the means to pay for all of these kids if something happened to them? Otherwise I don't see how you can possibly justify not having insurance for FIVE kids considering the amount of shit that can happen to them.

He had no worries. If anything serious happened to one of his kids, he would have gone the route of Nonelitist.

Unacceptable attitude, and I am very glad that you are in the minority, the very small minority. Two words: tuff luck.

I am poor and can't afford insurance... so I go to the local emergency room with my 3 kids and get taken care of. They legally have to accept us and treat us.

I get bills but don't pay them... so I have great coverage.

So, Liberals like myself that have always had good employers with excellant benefits get to pack your freight.

And if there is an underlying condition that creates the trip to the emergency room, you get to treat the results, when regular checkups could have prevented the problem from reaching that stage.

Sounds to me as if you are an incompetant parent if there is not a good reason for your being indigent.

Coming from a small ranching community, if I couldn't pay the bill in full at the time the service was rendered, payment arrangements were made. Fortunately none of my children has ever had any serious medical conditions. Aside from a few stitches, a broken bones here and there and the typical childhood illnesses, all my children were and remain relatively healthy.

You're wrong there Nancy, I have paid every debt that I've ever owed. Including the debt I owed society.

Does your employer pay into your healthcare costs?

If your employer picks up 80% of your healtcare costs then the pair of you pay $100ish a month. A great job benefit more folks should have.

Well actually research grants that fund the lab pay the salary and benefits. REally going to be a shock not being in academia when that happens, the benefits are really good, I guess to make up for the shit pay

Forum List

Back