400 ppm CO2

This thread doesn't have any science outside of the op. HOLY SHIT!

No, it doesn't.

What it does have is spamming, closed-minded ignorance, illiteracy and a desire to ridicule science from a position of staggering ignorance.

I had a poster ridicule me yesterday for suggesting snow formation is linked to humidity.

This thread is a really excellent example of the challenge science is up against.

yep. the entire 1st page was lobby-type posting (e.g.- "fact-free") from the resident conservative rw "the earth is mine to despoil in my short lifetime" crowd. :clap2:

I think you are unclear on the concept of this thread. The OP announced that things were so far gone, its hopeless. So if we are All Going To Die, let's at lease enjoy our remaining time.

But, if you really want a response: global warming has been Very Very Good for human kind. Humans have flourished due to the warming of the earth (which for much of its history has been a giant ball of ice).

true

folks have always done better in warm environments

over cold ones

There you have it people. They settled this w/ their "opinions" :eusa_eh: :clap2:

I think you are unclear on the concept of this thread. The OP announced that things were so far gone, its hopeless. So if we are All Going To Die, let's at lease enjoy our remaining time.

But, if you really want a response: global warming has been Very Very Good for human kind. Humans have flourished due to the warming of the earth (which for much of its history has been a giant ball of ice).

true

over cold ones

There you have it people. They settled this w/ their "opinions" :eusa_eh: :clap2:

Your lack of historical knowledge is quite sad. Compare living conditions for humans during the Dark Ages Cold Period, the Medieval Warming Period, and the Maunder Minimum.

Your lack of historical knowledge is quite sad. Compare living conditions for humans during the Dark Ages Cold Period, the Medieval Warming Period, and the Maunder Minimum.

So you would be of the opinion that living standards in Texas, Arizona or New Mexico would be higher in the event of a 2C lift in average temperatures, and more droughts?

What do you base that on?

I love when the climate nutter bozo's come back to their threads a few hours later and their shit has been blown apart!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Dude,

It takes a life time of scientific research to blow this stuff away. I think it's going to take a lot more then posting bs on a message board.:eusa_whistle:

s0n......you still dont get it.

The research is nothing more than a trumped up hobby.........its having ZERO effect in the real world........which is all I care about and which I illustrate on this forum with deft precision. MOAB kind of stuff..:up:

You have offered no proof that a 2C increase will actually happen. Those places are already hotter than hell, imo...but people live there quite happily with the benefits of TECHNOLOGY.

Innovation is our best option...including space exploration. But you moonbats would rather have us roll back our society to the cave dwelling stage.

true

over cold ones

Depending where you live that may very well be so. Imagine that a area within either northern Europe or our bread basket within the United states is what we need to be concerned about...A 2c warming or cooling either way would shift that.:eek:

Global warming will shift the plant hardiness zones causing a charge in climate within a scale of decades. What does this mean? This means that the climate 50-100 miles south of you could be at your door step within a few decades. The bad news is you can't grow this kind of plant, tree, herb, ect 50-100 miles to your south. :eusa_eh:

This doesn't even talk about the climate extremes of heavier rains(floods) and drought that will occur because of a planet out of balance. I'll admit that if the planet cooled 2c overall back to the little ice age that would be really bad. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

You have offered no proof that a 2C increase will actually happen. Those places are already hotter than hell, imo...but people live there quite happily with the benefits of TECHNOLOGY.

Innovation is our best option...including space exploration. But you moonbats would rather have us roll back our society to the cave dwelling stage.

So she's saying despoiling the planet and then leaving it a lifeless ball is a better option than turning down our popcorn makers or curling irons a notch? :eusa_eh: You can't make this stuff up. :rofl: :clap2:

keep going bodicca :dig:

:lol:

Last edited:

2c global avg? When we were 2c colder during the little ice age(1680-1700) is when all those pictures of frozen rivers were painted. Really more like -1.6c but who's counting...:eusa_whistle: The height of the last glacial period was only -9c colder then today....imagine that.

Some places could see a 5-7c charge in their climate with a extreme charge in how much rain they get. NO QUESTION TECHNOLOGY is the answer with space exploration!!! We will certainly need it to survive.

It amazes me that you would post 20 times on a thread ridiculing the science without having spent 10 minutes reading the science first.

If you had, you would know it is the Deniers who want to stick with cave-dwelling technologies like coal and oil - the rest of us have been talking about tidal energy & photo-voltaic solar for a generation now. And you wonder why the US is so far behind?

The evidence of the temp increase is available anywhere you like. Choose a source.

Your best solution for climate change is to abandon the planet.....um.....I think I'll stick with what we can do to live on this one!

Last edited:
This is the kind of chart that no Denier will ever discuss rationally:

co2_widget_brundtland_600_graph.gif

CO2 Now | CO2 Home

I challenge Boedcia, Take a Step Back, Oddball and Frank to tell us what they see in the chart, and to explain why they do not consider this needs to be taken seriously.

Absolutely! You should march right over to China & tell them to stop producing O2.

So she's saying despoiling the planet and then leaving it a lifeless ball is a better option than turning down our popcorn makers or curling irons a notch? :eusa_eh: You can't make this stuff up. :rofl: :clap2:

I really enjoy seeing morons such as you take the position that using techonology turns the planet into a lifeless ball...when you use the internet, a computer, and electricity to communicate such nonsense. I suspect you are also sitting in a building with comfortable climate control, indoor plumbing, and other modern conveniences that are all the result of Innovation and Technology.

Last edited:

IOW lower our living standards so China can raise theirs.

You realize that northern Europe is not the world, no? Oh wait, you don't. Your historical knowledge sucks too badly.

North Africa was once the bread basket of Rome. It's desert now.

The middle east was once fertile.

Several civilizations in the southwest of north America, vanished when the rains stopped.

Same with some African civilizations.

"Warmer is better" is just totally 'effin ignorant. When parts of India literally get too hot and humid for humans to survive outside, that's not going to be an improvement.

Last edited:

I really enjoy seeing morons such as you take the position that using techonology turns the planet into a lifeless ball...when you use the internet, a computer, and electricity to communicate such nonsense. I suspect you are also sitting in a building with comfortable climate control, indoor plumbing, and other modern conveniences that are all the result of Innovation and Technology.

Not me...no AC...nosireee!! And I steal my internets from Lowes. Electricity comes from hydro electric .... Dam It!

Forum List

Back