40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

Do you have any 'facts' that bring the origin of the human race down to 10,000 years ago?

No, but that burden of proof does not rest on me. I'm not the one making a claim one way or the other. I'm simply pointing out the fact that carbon dating as well as isotope dating is flawed therefore should not be considered as definitive proof.

I will say that Dr. Henry M. Morris concluded an in-depth study of the archeological evidence concerning the Bible with these words. "It must be extremely significant that, in view of the great mass of corroborative evidence regarding the Biblical history of these periods, there exists today not one unquestionable find of archaeology that proves the Bible to be in error at any point" (Henry M. Morris, The Bible and Modern Science, [Chicago:ÿMoody Press, 1956]).

No archaeological discovery has ever proven wrong a Biblical reference. On the contrary, the accuracy of the Bible has been substantiated by archaeological discoveries.

Umm there is archaeological proof that Jesus existed?

Of miracles performed?

Of god creating everything?

Many people point to Josephus as proof..

But it's still sort of Dubious.

Josephus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

science and religion are two peas in a pod. Both rely on theories.

:lol:

Feel free to disprove the "theory" of gravity.

Gravity isn't a theory it's a law.

General relativity or the general theory of relativity is the geometric theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915. It is the current description of gravitation in modern physics. General relativity generalises special relativity and Newton's law of universal gravitation, providing a unified description of gravity as a geometric property of space and time, or spacetime. In particular, the curvature of spacetime is directly related to the four-momentum (mass-energy and linear momentum) of whatever matter and radiation are present. The relation is specified by the Einstein field equations, a system of partial differential equations.
General relativity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you have any 'facts' that bring the origin of the human race down to 10,000 years ago?

No, but that burden of proof does not rest on me. I'm not the one making a claim one way or the other. I'm simply pointing out the fact that carbon dating as well as isotope dating is flawed therefore should not be considered as definitive proof.

I will say that Dr. Henry M. Morris concluded an in-depth study of the archeological evidence concerning the Bible with these words. "It must be extremely significant that, in view of the great mass of corroborative evidence regarding the Biblical history of these periods, there exists today not one unquestionable find of archaeology that proves the Bible to be in error at any point" (Henry M. Morris, The Bible and Modern Science, [Chicago:ÿMoody Press, 1956]).

No archaeological discovery has ever proven wrong a Biblical reference. On the contrary, the accuracy of the Bible has been substantiated by archaeological discoveries.

Of miracles performed?

Scholars: Oldest evidence of Jesus? - CNN

The fact is the Bible has been proven to be historically accurate.

spin...spin...
Lie...lie....

Fundy conservatives brainwash children into believing that the earth is less than 10000 years old and now you blame liberals and public school teachers?

libruls teach school, if almost half the poplulation has such insane ideas such as the earth is ten thousand years old then fucking liberal teachers are to blame fire their dumb asses.

Don't Christians teach how old the Earth is in church?

not in any church I've ever attended. but liberals teach school so they're doing a lousy fucking job if your stats are correct.

Not pissing on anything, just providing the facts.

its not flawed, its accurate to between 300 and 30,000 year back. after that its accuracy rate falls. 30,000 years still disproves the idea that the earth is only 10,000 years old.

BBC - h2g2 - Radiocarbon Dating

I think the poll actually said 45%, but the real number is this. In the same poll, along with those 45% who think the world was created in the last 10,000 years are also 38% who say that evolution is a process that was started and guided by God. Leaving 13% of the remaining people to come to this board and insist that the whole world, except them, are retards. 13%...

I believe the percentage of the population of the thirteen colonies that decided they were tired of living under England's rules and decided to do something (start a new country) was smaller than 13%. Maybe they "feel" something to be right that you don't.

The funny thing is...a lot of times when you use science to prove what happened in the Bible...Christians get their panties in a wad.

There are GADS of explanations for the miracles in the desert that helped the Israelites escape Egypt...but talk intelligently about them...and some Christians go nuts.

People tend to get upset whn you rock their supersticians.

lousey fucking liberal teachers didn't teach you to spell superstition. either. fuck them.

libruls teach school, if almost half the poplulation has such insane ideas such as the earth is ten thousand years old then fucking liberal teachers are to blame fire their dumb asses.

Don't Christians teach how old the Earth is in church?

not in any church I've ever attended. but liberals teach school so they're doing a lousy fucking job if your stats are correct.

why is the assumption that liberals teach school? arent there catholic schools and charter schools? conservatives teach school as well.

I think the poll actually said 45%, but the real number is this. In the same poll, along with those 45% who think the world was created in the last 10,000 years are also 38% who say that evolution is a process that was started and guided by God. Leaving 13% of the remaining people to come to this board and insist that the whole world, except them, are retards. 13%...

I believe the percentage of the population of the thirteen colonies that decided they were tired of living under England's rules and decided to do something (start a new country) was smaller than 13%. Maybe they "feel" something to be right that you don't.

heres the really shocking thing:
Only 16% believe in purely evolution.
egqoo3sa4ksftdt5itigsg.gif

"A small minority of Americans hold the "secular evolution" view that humans evolved with no influence from God -- but the number has risen from 9% in 1982 to 16% today. At the same time, the 40% of Americans who hold the "creationist" view that God created humans as is 10,000 years ago is the lowest in Gallup's history of asking this question, and down from a high point of 47% in 1993 and 1999. There has been little change over the years in the percentage holding the "theistic evolution" view that humans evolved under God's guidance."

fcm7gxrmnuk6-fin5xx8ww.gif

nf-52clk6ko9mug3xhwlya.gif

Four in 10 Americans Believe in Strict Creationism

Last edited:
LOL, good one!!

You know what I meant-40% believe the earth is 10,000 years old.
Called Young Earth Creationsim. Was around in the 1800s and now the religous kooks have started it again.
Good way to have fund raisers at church now. Attendance and the plate offerings are way down.

Those that "believe", are probably referring to the Lord's years. The earth was created according to "His" timeframe, not ours (even the intellectual giants cannot fathom the intelligence it would take to make the earth, the climate, the critters, and all the 'unknowns' that we still have to find). It is okay, laugh at us that believe in the Lord. We are content.

Love the irony that your screen name actually contains the word "logical" yet you somehow believe an invisible entity created everything (in 6 days no less) and you don't use logic to doubt that. :confused:

What is the definition of a day?

Only 40% believe in evolution.

"A small minority of Americans hold the "secular evolution" view that humans evolved with no influence from God -- but the number has risen from 9% in 1982 to 16% today. At the same time, the 40% of Americans who hold the "creationist" view that God created humans as is 10,000 years ago is the lowest in Gallup's history of asking this question, and down from a high point of 47% in 1993 and 1999. There has been little change over the years in the percentage holding the "theistic evolution" view that humans evolved under God's guidance."

Do they teach creationism in school?

its not flawed, its accurate to between 300 and 30,000 year back. after that its accuracy rate falls. 30,000 years still disproves the idea that the earth is only 10,000 years old.

I haven't heard anyone suggesting the earth was only 10,000 years old, other than the idiot Sallow.

LOL It isn't flawed but it's not accurate after 30,000 years. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Only 16% believe in purely evolution.

90% of communists think communism is the way to a profitable society.

\
Do they teach creationism in school?

since creationism is a religious theory not a scientific one, they do not. because of the separation between the church and state. but if you read the graphs, the educated, meaning those with college degrees or beyond believe more soundly in evolution.

you will only be taught creationism if you attend church or a religious school. but once again believing in creationism is a believing in a blind theory.

evolution has been tested and proven to exist. can you provide any proof or pseudo proof of creationism outside the bible?

Early Theories of Evolution: Evidence of Evolution
The Genetic Basis of Evolutionary Change
Darwin's Evidence for Evolution
Understanding Evolution: History, Theory, Evidence, and Implictions

Of miracles performed?

Scholars: Oldest evidence of Jesus? - CNN

The fact is the Bible has been proven to be historically accurate.

And how do they know it is 2000 years old with carbon dating being so inaccurate?

Hmmm

Israel accuses 4 of running huge antiquities fraud ring
JERUSALEM (AP) — Four Israeli antiquities collectors and dealers were indicted Wednesday on charges they ran a sophisticated forgery ring that spanned the globe and produced a treasure trove of fake Bible-era artifacts, including some that were hailed as major archaeological finds.
Police said the ring forged what were presented as perhaps the two biggest biblical discoveries in the Holy Land in recent years — the purported burial box of Jesus' brother James and a stone tablet with written instructions by King Yoash on maintenance work at the ancient Jewish Temple.

Shuka Dorfman, head of the Israel Antiquities Authority, said the scope of the fraud appears to go far beyond what has been uncovered so far.

"We discovered only the tip of the iceberg. This spans the globe. It generated millions of dollars," Dorfman said. The forgers "were trying to change history."

Investigators warned that collectors and museums around the world could be in the possession of fakes, and scholars urged museums to re-examine items of suspicious origin. The forgery ring has been operating for more than 20 years, Dorfman said.

Scholars said the forgers were exploiting the deep emotional need of Jews and Christians to find physical evidence to reinforce their beliefs.

The indictments were announced at a joint news conference of the Antiquities Authority and the police, capping a two-year probe.

The forgers would often use authentic but relatively mundane artifacts, such as a plain burial box, decanter or shard, and boost their value enormously by adding inscriptions, Dorfman said. Then the forgers would try to recreate patina, or ancient grime, to cover the carvings, the indictment said.

The four men indicted were Tel Aviv collector Oded Golan, owner of the James ossuary and the Yoash tablet; Robert Deutsch, an inscriptions expert who teaches at Haifa University; collector Shlomo Cohen, and antiquities dealer Faiz al-Amaleh. The four are free on bail, police said.

USATODAY.com - Israel accuses 4 of running huge antiquities fraud ring

Last edited:

I haven't heard anyone suggesting the earth was only 10,000 years old, other than the idiot Sallow.

LOL It isn't flawed but it's not accurate after 30,000 years. :cuckoo:
Your ignorance is showing. All measuring systems have a limited range of accuracy.

C14 has a half-life of about 5,000 years, so something has to be old enough to have a measurable amount of decay and our equipment is only sensitive enough to measure 5 or 6 half-lives which sets the max accurate range at about 30,000 years. So within the limits of its range it is quite accurate.
What is so funny and crazy about scientists understanding the limits of its accuracy?

Those that "believe", are probably referring to the Lord's years. The earth was created according to "His" timeframe, not ours (even the intellectual giants cannot fathom the intelligence it would take to make the earth, the climate, the critters, and all the 'unknowns' that we still have to find). It is okay, laugh at us that believe in the Lord. We are content.

Love the irony that your screen name actually contains the word "logical" yet you somehow believe an invisible entity created everything (in 6 days no less) and you don't use logic to doubt that. :confused:

What is the definition of a day?

What is the definition of a year?

Forum List

Back