40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

Umm there is archaeological proof that Jesus existed?

Of miracles performed?

Of god creating everything?

Scholars: Oldest evidence of Jesus? - CNN

The fact is the Bible has been proven to be historically accurate.

And how do they know it is 2000 years old with carbon dating being so inaccurate?

Hmmm

Israel accuses 4 of running huge antiquities fraud ring
JERUSALEM (AP) — Four Israeli antiquities collectors and dealers were indicted Wednesday on charges they ran a sophisticated forgery ring that spanned the globe and produced a treasure trove of fake Bible-era artifacts, including some that were hailed as major archaeological finds.
Police said the ring forged what were presented as perhaps the two biggest biblical discoveries in the Holy Land in recent years — the purported burial box of Jesus' brother James and a stone tablet with written instructions by King Yoash on maintenance work at the ancient Jewish Temple.

Shuka Dorfman, head of the Israel Antiquities Authority, said the scope of the fraud appears to go far beyond what has been uncovered so far.

"We discovered only the tip of the iceberg. This spans the globe. It generated millions of dollars," Dorfman said. The forgers "were trying to change history."

Investigators warned that collectors and museums around the world could be in the possession of fakes, and scholars urged museums to re-examine items of suspicious origin. The forgery ring has been operating for more than 20 years, Dorfman said.

Scholars said the forgers were exploiting the deep emotional need of Jews and Christians to find physical evidence to reinforce their beliefs.

The indictments were announced at a joint news conference of the Antiquities Authority and the police, capping a two-year probe.

The forgers would often use authentic but relatively mundane artifacts, such as a plain burial box, decanter or shard, and boost their value enormously by adding inscriptions, Dorfman said. Then the forgers would try to recreate patina, or ancient grime, to cover the carvings, the indictment said.

The four men indicted were Tel Aviv collector Oded Golan, owner of the James ossuary and the Yoash tablet; Robert Deutsch, an inscriptions expert who teaches at Haifa University; collector Shlomo Cohen, and antiquities dealer Faiz al-Amaleh. The four are free on bail, police said.

USATODAY.com - Israel accuses 4 of running huge antiquities fraud ring

I'm not sure what dating method was used, if any.

its not flawed, its accurate to between 300 and 30,000 year back. after that its accuracy rate falls. 30,000 years still disproves the idea that the earth is only 10,000 years old.

BBC - h2g2 - Radiocarbon Dating

I haven't heard anyone suggesting the earth was only 10,000 years old, other than the idiot Sallow.

LOL It isn't flawed but it's not accurate after 30,000 years. :cuckoo:
Your ignorance is showing. All measuring systems have a limited range of accuracy.

C14 has a half-life of about 5,000 years, so something has to be old enough to have a measurable amount of decay and our equipment is only sensitive enough to measure 5 or 6 half-lives which sets the max accurate range at about 30,000 years. So within the limits of its range it is quite accurate.
What is so funny and crazy about scientists understanding the limits of its accuracy?

Thanks for supporting my argument that dating methods are flawed.

I haven't heard anyone suggesting the earth was only 10,000 years old, other than the idiot Sallow.

LOL It isn't flawed but it's not accurate after 30,000 years. :cuckoo:
Your ignorance is showing. All measuring systems have a limited range of accuracy.

C14 has a half-life of about 5,000 years, so something has to be old enough to have a measurable amount of decay and our equipment is only sensitive enough to measure 5 or 6 half-lives which sets the max accurate range at about 30,000 years. So within the limits of its range it is quite accurate.
What is so funny and crazy about scientists understanding the limits of its accuracy?

Please explain how knowing the limits of a measuring system a FLAW!!!!! :cuckoo:
Thank you for supporting my argument that you are ignorant!

The Bible is a collection of stories.

I often wonder if someone didn't just cobble them together to create said Bible.

Oh I'm sure there's some facts in there but just how much is someones little peabrain looking to write a good story and how much can be proven as fact??

As for anyone believing the earth is 10,000 years old. Well they have got to be the dumbest folks on the planet. I guess they never watch the Discovery channel when they are doing archeological shows with dinasaur bones 65 million years old.

Personally I think we were all dumped here by UFO jockeys.

We are an experiment in progress. Wonder how they think we're doing?? LOL

Last edited:

I often wonder if someone didn't just cobble them together to create said Bible.

Oh I'm sure there's some facts in there but just how much is someones little peabrain looking to write a good story and how much can be proven as fact??

As for anyone believing the earth is 10,000 years old. Well they have got to be the dumbest folks on the planet. I guess they never watch the Discovery channel when they are doing archeological shows with dinasaur bones 65 million years old.

What is the "definition" of a year?

Please explain how knowing the limits of a measuring system a FLAW!!!!! :cuckoo:
Thank you for supporting my argument that you are ignorant!

You yourself stated "all measuring systems have a limited range of accuracy".
But do you know with certainty what that range is? The problem with all radioactive dates is that they are all based on assumptions about the past. That's what geologist do, they make assumptions on geological history.

The fatal flaw with radioactive dating methods

Tas Walker's Biblical Geology - Dating secrets

Those that "believe", are probably referring to the Lord's years. The earth was created according to "His" timeframe, not ours (even the intellectual giants cannot fathom the intelligence it would take to make the earth, the climate, the critters, and all the 'unknowns' that we still have to find). It is okay, laugh at us that believe in the Lord. We are content.

Love the irony that your screen name actually contains the word "logical" yet you somehow believe an invisible entity created everything (in 6 days no less) and you don't use logic to doubt that. :confused:

What is the definition of a day?
Gen 1:1* In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2* And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3* ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4* And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

There is no way to prove how old a bone is. Hell a freshly killed seal was assessed at 1,300 old. Antarctic Journal of the United States, Vol. 6, October, 1971 p:210+

Dried seal carcasses less than 30 years old were 'dated' as 4,600 years old. Antarctic Journal of the United States, Vol. 6, October, 1971 p:210+

A living water snail taken from an artesian spring in Nevada was given as assessed age of 27,000 years. Science, Vol. 224, April 6, 1984 p:58-61

15,000 year difference appeared in the assessment of samples from a single sample block of peat.
New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, Vol. 21, No. 4, 1978 p:463-466

“The hair on the Chekurovka mammoth was found to have a carbon-14 age of 26,000 years but the peaty soil in which is was preserved was found to have a carbon-14 dating of only 5,600 years." Radiocarbon Journal, Vol. 8, 1966

In 1968 scientists dated the rocks of a Hawaiian volcano called Hualalai, using Potassium/Argon radiometric techniques. They knew that the volcano had erupted in 1800 and that the rocks were around 170 years old, but the ages they determined ranged from 160 million to 3 billion. This method of dating rocks obviously produces erroneous ages, and should not be used to factually age the earth and its geology. Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 73, No. 14, 1968 p:4601-4607

Radiometric dating of fossil skull 1470 show that the various methods do not give accurate measurements of ages. The first tests gave an age of 221 million years. The second, 2.4 million years. Subsequent tests gave ages which ranged from 290,000 to 19.5 million years. Palaeomagnetic determinations gave an age of 3 million years. All these readings give a 762 fold error in the age calculations. Given that only errors less than 10% (0.1 fold) are acceptable in scientific calculations, these readings show that radiometric assessment should never ever be used. John Reader, "Missing Links", BCA/Collins: London, 1981 p:206-209

[URL="http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m__VmIY4A94J:english.sdaglobal.org/research/dating.htm+scientist+inaccurately+date+seal+bones&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us"]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m__VmIY4A94J:english.sdaglobal.org/research/dating.htm+scientist+inaccurately+date+seal+bones&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/URL]

Historically, the Bible has been proven to be accurate in many ways, even recent discoveries.
However, that is not a belief system.
When has God been found to be real?
Or any other belief system of any religion?

There is no way to prove how old a bone is. Hell a freshly killed seal was assessed at 1,300 old. Antarctic Journal of the United States, Vol. 6, October, 1971 p:210+

Dried seal carcasses less than 30 years old were 'dated' as 4,600 years old. Antarctic Journal of the United States, Vol. 6, October, 1971 p:210+

A living water snail taken from an artesian spring in Nevada was given as assessed age of 27,000 years. Science, Vol. 224, April 6, 1984 p:58-61

15,000 year difference appeared in the assessment of samples from a single sample block of peat.

“The hair on the Chekurovka mammoth was found to have a carbon-14 age of 26,000 years but the peaty soil in which is was preserved was found to have a carbon-14 dating of only 5,600 years." Radiocarbon Journal, Vol. 8, 1966

In 1968 scientists dated the rocks of a Hawaiian volcano called Hualalai, using Potassium/Argon radiometric techniques. They knew that the volcano had erupted in 1800 and that the rocks were around 170 years old, but the ages they determined ranged from 160 million to 3 billion. This method of dating rocks obviously produces erroneous ages, and should not be used to factually age the earth and its geology. Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 73, No. 14, 1968 p:4601-4607

Radiometric dating of fossil skull 1470 show that the various methods do not give accurate measurements of ages. The first tests gave an age of 221 million years. The second, 2.4 million years. Subsequent tests gave ages which ranged from 290,000 to 19.5 million years. Palaeomagnetic determinations gave an age of 3 million years. All these readings give a 762 fold error in the age calculations. Given that only errors less than 10% (0.1 fold) are acceptable in scientific calculations, these readings show that radiometric assessment should never ever be used. John Reader, "Missing Links", BCA/Collins: London, 1981 p:206-209

[URL="http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m__VmIY4A94J:english.sdaglobal.org/research/dating.htm+scientist+inaccurately+date+seal+bones&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us"]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:m__VmIY4A94J:english.sdaglobal.org/research/dating.htm+scientist+inaccurately+date+seal+bones&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/URL]

So all of the criminals in prison in Texas found guilty with bone evidence as to age are innocent and you want them released immediately?
Lonestar, please think long and hard on what you claim. Bone dating that the FBI, TBI and every other crime lab in America is very accurate.
If it wasn't they could not get it into evidence.
You are speaking of MILLIONS. The earth is not 6000 years old and we are speaking of thousands of years old with most of the bone data and that is accurate.
Geological facts that you can see with the nake eye show deposits in canyons with hundreds of thousands of layers.
Ice core rings.
ON AND ON AND ON.

http://english.sdaglobal.org/research/dating.htmhttp://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tely+date+seal+bones&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Again, you prove you don't understand the limits of the range of the measuring instrument! C14 having a 5,000 year half life requires an age of at least 3 to 5 hundred years to have enough decay to be measured by our instruments, so no rational person would expect a live or freshly killed or 30 year old sample to be measured accurately. That's like using a beaker calibrated in gallons to measure a milliliter of liquid.

Using such examples to discredit carbon dating is only effective on the ignorant. Those examples are obviously designed to reveal the gullible, and therefore vulnerable, rather than persuade the skeptical.

So all of the criminals in prison in Texas found guilty with bone evidence as to age are innocent and you want them released immediately?
Lonestar, please think long and hard on what you claim. Bone dating that the FBI, TBI and every other crime lab in America is very accurate.
You are speaking of MILLIONS. The earth is not 6000 years old and we are speaking of thousands of years old with most of the bone data and that is accurate.
Geological facts that you can see with the nake eye show deposits in canyons with hundreds of thousands of layers.
Ice core rings.
ON AND ON AND ON.

One thing about strawman arguments, they don't hold up very well. Share with us one case that supports your argument that a Texan was imprisoned with the evidence being the age of bones. Hell show any case where a bones age was used in a conviction.

I don't know how old the earth is, nor do you or anyone else.

http://english.sdaglobal.org/research/dating.htmhttp://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tely+date+seal+bones&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Again, you prove you don't understand the limits of the range of the measuring instrument! C14 having a 5,000 year half life requires an age of at least 3 to 5 hundred years to have enough decay to be measured by our instruments, so no rational person would expect a live or freshly killed or 30 year old sample to be measured accurately. That's like using a beaker calibrated in gallons to measure a milliliter of liquid.

Using such examples to discredit carbon dating is only effective on the ignorant. Those examples are obviously designed to reveal the gullible, and therefore vulnerable, rather than persuade the skeptical.

I understand perfectly, dating methods are flawed and you cannot prove with any degree of certainty that they are not.

Ice core rings.
ON AND ON AND ON.

One thing about strawman arguments, they don't hold up very well. Share with us one case that supports your argument that a Texan was imprisoned with the evidence being the age of bones. Hell show any case where a bones age was used in a conviction.

Speaking of straw man arguments, I DO KNOW that the earth is older than 10,000 years.
And I believe you do also but refuse to admit it due to religous beliefs.

If you have not ever heard of forensic anthroplogists used in serial killer cases then you are more lost than I thought.

Texas uses them all the time. Bone age is IMPORTANT in tieing the defendant to the area where someone was buried many years before.

What about the carbon dating of burial grounds near Jamestown which have been very, very accurate?

Scholars: Oldest evidence of Jesus? - CNN

The fact is the Bible has been proven to be historically accurate.

And how do they know it is 2000 years old with carbon dating being so inaccurate?

Hmmm

JERUSALEM (AP) — Four Israeli antiquities collectors and dealers were indicted Wednesday on charges they ran a sophisticated forgery ring that spanned the globe and produced a treasure trove of fake Bible-era artifacts, including some that were hailed as major archaeological finds.
Police said the ring forged what were presented as perhaps the two biggest biblical discoveries in the Holy Land in recent years — the purported burial box of Jesus' brother James and a stone tablet with written instructions by King Yoash on maintenance work at the ancient Jewish Temple.

Shuka Dorfman, head of the Israel Antiquities Authority, said the scope of the fraud appears to go far beyond what has been uncovered so far.

"We discovered only the tip of the iceberg. This spans the globe. It generated millions of dollars," Dorfman said. The forgers "were trying to change history."

Investigators warned that collectors and museums around the world could be in the possession of fakes, and scholars urged museums to re-examine items of suspicious origin. The forgery ring has been operating for more than 20 years, Dorfman said.

Scholars said the forgers were exploiting the deep emotional need of Jews and Christians to find physical evidence to reinforce their beliefs.

The indictments were announced at a joint news conference of the Antiquities Authority and the police, capping a two-year probe.

The forgers would often use authentic but relatively mundane artifacts, such as a plain burial box, decanter or shard, and boost their value enormously by adding inscriptions, Dorfman said. Then the forgers would try to recreate patina, or ancient grime, to cover the carvings, the indictment said.

The four men indicted were Tel Aviv collector Oded Golan, owner of the James ossuary and the Yoash tablet; Robert Deutsch, an inscriptions expert who teaches at Haifa University; collector Shlomo Cohen, and antiquities dealer Faiz al-Amaleh. The four are free on bail, police said.

Aparently you are not sure at all, and did not read my post. From my post:

Love the irony that your screen name actually contains the word "logical" yet you somehow believe an invisible entity created everything (in 6 days no less) and you don't use logic to doubt that. :confused:

What is the definition of a day?
Gen 1:1* In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2* And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3* ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4* And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Were the hours of the day defined, at that time????

Ice core rings.
ON AND ON AND ON.

Speaking of straw man arguments, I DO KNOW that the earth is older than 10,000 years.
And I believe you do also but refuse to admit it due to religous beliefs.

If you have not ever heard of forensic anthroplogists used in serial killer cases then you are more lost than I thought.

Texas uses them all the time. Bone age is IMPORTANT in tieing the defendant to the area where someone was buried many years before.

What about the carbon dating of burial grounds near Jamestown which have been very, very accurate?

You know that how? Because scientist have told you so?

Let's see one case where bone age secured a conviction. Just one.

Hmmm

Yes I did read your post and I still managed to answer your question. BTW your post makes accusations but offers no definitive proof. The four men maintain they're innocent. Besides even if the burial box isn't authentic. it doesn't take away the hundreds of other artifacts that were found that indeed support biblical history.

Yes I did read your post and I still managed to answer your question. BTW your post makes accusations but offers no definitive proof. The four men maintain they're innocent. Besides even if the burial box isn't authentic. it doesn't take away the hundreds of other artifacts that were found that indeed support biblical history.

As I said before biblical history yes. Existence of God no.

And yes you answered my question in the same manner as most right wingers seem to do.

They must have asked ten thousand retarted liberals.
Wrong again asshole. It's the flag waving, republicunt, Jeezoos freaks who worship the Palins of duh world.
I call them murkins because you're too fucking dumb to get an "A" in anything..

one thing Willow has over you dipshit....she isnt a coward who runs when things dont go her way.....we call people like you "Rectum lickers"....because thats all lowlife fucks like you are capable of doing....licking the Rectums of the productive people in what ever Country you run too.....your to fucking dumb to get even get a "D" in anything.....pick up any dogshit today?.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back