Discrimination in Texas education

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Looks like the whole revamping of textbooks to be more conservative has ruffled more than just a few feathers. :lol:

Civil rights groups seek federal help in ending discrimination in Texas education | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

The two leading civil-rights groups for African-Americans and Hispanics are asking the federal government to step in and force anti-discriminatory initiatives in Texas public education.

The groups singled out curriculum changes made this spring by the State Board of Education, which applied new standards for social studies courses taught in Texas schools that reflect a more conservative tone than in the past.

"Why would anyone want to rewrite history in a way that would drastically diminish the credibility and contributions of African-Americans and Hispanics?" said Juanita Wallace, president of the Dallas chapter of the NAACP. "I can think of only one reason: to give students from their ethnic group a skewed picture of themselves and put them in their place.

• Banned
Not teachng the whole truth is an idiots pursuit

Fail.

It's impossible to include EVERYTHING that has ever happened in a history curriculum. Therefore prioritization is necessary.

Thess pussies disagree with the prioritization and surprise surprise, they're crying to big gubmint about it.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a list of exactly what they object to...I found that they make the Black Panthers into evil villans while describing the KKK as something of a love group. :cuckoo:

I'd like to see a list of exactly what they object to...I found that they make the Black Panthers into evil villans while describing the KKK as something of a love group. :cuckoo:

Provide evidence that supports your claim. Can't be to hard you CLAIM to have seen it. Provide us with evidence that Texas curriculum makes the KKK into a love group. As for the Black Panthers THEY WERE a terror group. Or rather became one. ANd looks like they still are.

• Banned

Provide evidence that supports your claim. Can't be to hard you CLAIM to have seen it. Provide us with evidence that Texas curriculum makes the KKK into a love group. As for the Black Panthers THEY WERE a terror group. Or rather became one. ANd looks like they still are.

That sonic boom you heard was Ravi's point careening over your head at the speed of sound. :thup:

Isn't it funny how when Texas wants to teach the truth it really hurts the USA haters. I am tired of the true history of the USA rewritten and lied about.

Forum List

Back