40 acres and a mule.... It's time to give Reparations to Blacks

For example, in every single jurisdiction in the U.S., debts owed to you become owed to your heirs when you die. Its called "inheritance"

Inheritance laws vary state to state. Nothing is absolute.

There is no state where you heirs do not receive your net wealth after your debts are paid. That's the definition of what an "heir" is.

There are a number of ways a deceased person's property can be passed on to the state.

There's no such thing.
Wow. A slavery denialist.

That's unique. I don't think I've ever met one.

non responsive, distortion, evasive...and ridiculous.

What else ya got?

Inheritance laws vary state to state. Nothing is absolute.

There is no state where you heirs do not receive your net wealth after your debts are paid. That's the definition of what an "heir" is.

There are a number of ways a deceased person's property can be passed on to the state.

If they have no heirs, or of the deceased has named them heir, sure.

Are you suggesting the slave owed a debt to the states? (I won't at all be surprised when you say yes, BTW).

There's no such thing.

What else ya got?
Oh. My bad. I thought you were denying slavery. Instead you're denying that the slaves weren't paid for their labor. (That's just as dumb, btw)

Are you suggesting the slave owed a debt to the states? (I won't at all be surprised when you say yes, BTW).

I'm not suggesting anything. You made a specious claim as a diversion from the topic.(which is what you're attempting here...again)... I proved you were incorrect.

rotagilla said:

What else ya got?
Oh. My bad. I thought you were denying slavery. Instead you're denying that the slaves weren't paid for their labor. (That's just as dumb, btw)

I said slaves were "owed" no wages.

The rest of that you just made up as a distraction.

What else ya got?
Rototilla is a low bred white guy that is angry that he is poor while Black people all around him own more and make more than he could ever dream of. The mere thought of Black people getting more money enrages these types.

I'm not suggesting anything. You made a specious claim as a diversion from the topic.(which is what you're attempting here...again)... I proved you were incorrect.

rotagilla said:

What else ya got?

The 13th and 14th amendment says otherwise.

Last edited:

What else ya got?
Rototilla is a low bred white guy that is angry that he is poor while Black people all around him own more and make more than he could ever dream of. The mere thought of Black people getting more money enrages these types.

You're projecting your own insecurities and inadequacies ....again. :lol:

What else ya got?

I get the opposite feeling from him.

Seems to me like he came from priveledged background, does pretty well in life, and is puzzled as to why all the poor black people can't just do as well as he has. To put it simply - he's a "why can't they just get jobs?" type, not a "they took our jobs!" type.

At any rate, the 14th and 13th amendments guarantee all those born in the U.S., regardless of previous condition of servitude, all the rights due an American citizen - one of which is the right to be paid for labor you were forced, against your will, to endure. This right is universal - regardless of time or place - and can be enforced as far back as the U.S. has been in existence.

I think white people should be paid reparations for having to hear and see Hip Hop Music and baggy thug pants.

Last edited:

The 13th and 14th amendment says otherwise.

Neither one has anything to do with reparations or anything being "owed" to slaves.

...but since you brought them up;
Neither the 13th (arguably) nor the 14th were ratified properly, (according to the rules and requirements for amending the constitution) and are therefore not legal by definition.

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

...but the govt is the final arbiter on what they want to declare "legal" or not.

Last edited:

At any rate, the 14th and 13th amendments guarantee all those born in the U.S., regardless of previous condition of servitude, all the rights due an American citizen - one of which is the right to be paid for labor you were forced, against your will, to endure. This right is universal - regardless of time or place - and can be enforced as far back as the U.S. has been in existence.

Those amendments say nothing like that, do they?

13th amendment
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation

14th amendment

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Neither the 13th (arguably) nor the 14th were ratified properly, (according to the rules and requirements for amending the constitution) and are therefore not legal by definition.

That is a myth common amongst bigots and Confederate sympathizers such as yourself, unfortunately, even given your facts - it isn't true.

The southern states wilfully abdicated the the rights and priveleges due a U.S. state when they wilfully and with complete intent declared the total dissolution of their union with the United States.
That's a part of history you appear to completely ignore.

That is a myth common amongst bigots and Confederate sympathizers such as yourself, unfortunately, even given your facts - it isn't true.

The southern states wilfully abdicated the the rights and priveleges due a U.S. state when they wilfully and with complete intent declared the total dissolution of their union with the United States.
That's a part of history you appear to completely ignore.

I'm not ignoring it at all. I'm commenting on it.
even wiki can't ignore or revise the facts.

Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With no Southern states represented.... Democrats who opposed the amendment generally made arguments based on federalism and state's rights.[30] Some argued that the proposed change so violated the spirit of the Constitution that it would not be a valid "amendment" but would instead constitute "revolution".

When the Thirteenth Amendment was submitted to the states on February 1, 1865, it was quickly taken up by several legislatures. By the end of the month it had been ratified by eighteen states. Among them were the ex-confederate states of Virginia and Louisiana, where ratifications were submitted by Reconstruction governments. These, along with subsequent ratifications from Arkansas and Tennessee raised the issues of how many seceded states had legally valid legislatures, and if there were fewer legislatures than states, did Article V require ratification by three-fourths of the states or three-fourths of the legally valid state legislatures?[66]President Lincoln in his last speech, on April 11, 1865, called the question about whether the Southern states were in or out of the Union a “pernicious abstraction.” Obviously, he declared, they were not “in their proper practical relation with the Union”; whence everyone's object should be to restore that relation.[67] Lincoln was assassinated three days later.

The 13th and 14th amendments weren't presented legally nor ratified legally.

I'm specifically addressing the 13th here. We can go on to the 14th if you like.

LMAO...a blog? And John Conyers has introduced that bill every year for 20 years...it had no support then, neither does it now. Blacks don't want reparations, but teapers are too stupid to realize that...it is an excuse to spew racist drivel.

why isn't asking for reparations racist drivel?

Who is asking? Provide me some links. Yeah, asking for reparations is indeed racist drivel, but it is more racist nonsensen to think that Al Sharpton is king of all black people and represents all of our thoughts.

This is just more teaper race baiting nonsense...an excuse for teapers to spew racist nonsense and feel justified.

that black skin must be something special to own.

In addition to being onion paper thin, it endows its owner to detect racism in any white person's thought or action as well as read white people minds. amazing.....

No. I'm telling you about yours....again. :lol:

Seems to me like he came from priveledged background, does pretty well in life, and is puzzled as to why all the poor black people can't just do as well as he has. To put it simply - he's a "why can't they just get jobs?" type, not a "they took our jobs!" type.

Think about though. Why would someone doing well in life have a reason to fret over someone else getting the wages their ancestors were due? Rototallias psychology is the spitting image of a trailer park dweller that is bitter over the fact that nothing in his life is going right. I never see contented people go so hard at putting Black people down.

Like I said. Projecting your own insecurities and inadequacies.

As you struggle through life angry and bitter, maybe during one of your fleeting moments of lucidity you'll remember that my life is as good as I can make it and I'm ok. :lol:

Your displays of contempt/petulance/insecurity/, however, are obvious reflections of the unhappiness that you have with the nature of your own character.
:eusa_shhh:

I think white people should be paid reparations for having to hear and see Hip Hop Music and baggy thug pants.

Maybe they should stop being the largest consumers of gangsta rap, stop trying to emulate the style of dress, and stop trying to adopt our style. Sounds like self inflicted wounds to me.

Think about though. Why would someone doing well in life have a reason to fret over someone else getting the wages their ancestors were due? Rototallias psychology is the spitting image of a trailer park dweller that is bitter over the fact that nothing in his life is going right. I never see contented people go so hard at putting Black people down.

That's fascinating.

Negroes still aren't going to get any reparations.

Like I said. Projecting your own insecurities and inadequacies.

As you struggle through life angry and bitter, maybe during one of your fleeting moments of lucidity you'll remember that my life is as good as I can make it and I'm ok. :lol:

Your displays of contempt/petulance/insecurity/, however, are obvious reflections of the unhappiness that you have with the nature of your own character.

:eusa_shhh:

I know you just read that from your psychological profile. Now all you have to do is apply that to yourself instead of avoiding your diagnosis.

Forum List

Back