$ 4.09 for reg. unleaded.

we get off oil, us Americans buy a good 75 years of growth. Why the right does not get this, is beyond me.

We don't agree with you because we look at the entire picture. Most of us on the right have taken the time to research this issue so that we can form knowledgable opinions. That doesn't seem to happen on the left. You folks don't face reality squarely with out illusion. With the left it's all about emotions, and illusion. You take positions that can't be supported with fact.

For example; there has been much talk about the benefits about wind farms. I've included a link to a study of the economic impact of the Nantucket Sound Wind Farm in Massachusetts. Read it. You'll find that this is a heavily subsidized scheme that will cost the consumer to pay twice as much for their electricity. http://www.beaconhill.org/BHIStudies/Windmills2004/WindFarmArmyCorps.pdf

Oh I forgot to ask. Coastal Nol, are you a U.S. Citizen living in the USA? Can you read? :razz:

Looks like it's time to trade in the Fuckyoumobile for something a bit more sensible.
Right.....You have a large family or a construction business, that requires a van to haul around the tribe and tools, respectively, and you should trade in your "Fuckyoumobile" for a fucking Prius.

Dope.

A Prius? No, but there are plenty of vehicle alternatives to the gas guzzlers we drive around. In my commute to work I pass gas guzzling SUV after gas guzzling SUV with only ONE driver in it. We aren't talking about the working vehicle for the construction crews for goodness sake, but the regular vehicle an individual drives to work every day.

It won't be much longer until this is available to the construction minded individual that needs a larger vehicle:....
Actually, that technology has been around, for a while......

oshkosh-hemtt.jpg

(....Not exactly something a run-o'-the-mill Chickenhawk would know, right, Oddball? )​

Last edited:
Looks like it's time to trade in the Fuckyoumobile for something a bit more sensible.
Right.....You have a large family or a construction business, that requires a van to haul around the tribe and tools, respectively, and you should trade in your "Fuckyoumobile" for a fucking Prius.

Dope.

A Prius? No, but there are plenty of vehicle alternatives to the gas guzzlers we drive around. In my commute to work I pass gas guzzling SUV after gas guzzling SUV with only ONE driver in it. We aren't talking about the working vehicle for the construction crews for goodness sake, but the regular vehicle an individual drives to work every day.

It won't be much longer until this is available to the construction minded individual that needs a larger vehicle:

Transit-Connect-Electric_002.png

There are alternatives and looking to them saves us much more than doing something really stupid...like drilling for more of the finite fuel source, oil.
Electric cars still require conventional fuels, to run the power plant, to charge up the car.

Of course, if your budget is already strained from the shit economy, the suggestion that you trade in your current ride for a new (probably higher) payment for an Obammymobile is plain old absurd....Just another piece of evidence of how completely cloistered in his little ivory tower that the Boiking is.

O doesn't want to hear about your problems, Lumpy. You'd better go ahead and install a sail on the top of your car and hope for a good wind.

Obama seeks re-election help from Sharpton's group - Yahoo! Finance

Good one LBT. LOl

My horse might come in real handy next year. Of course it will take a while to get from here to there but at least I'll be riding. LOL

I just filled up this AM at $3.65.

I also live in Florida and the Chinese are even now slant drilling for the oil off the Coast.
That's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh??

Wankin.gif

I also live in Florida and the Chinese are even now slant drilling for the oil off the Coast. While we sit idly by.

I don't believe that claim is true.

PolitiFact: Stearns' claim about Chinese oil drilling in Gulf of Mexico is half true - St. Petersburg Times
"Trying to link China and Cuba when talking U.S. oil policy is nothing new. In 2008, then-Vice President Dick Cheney told directors of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce that "oil is being drilled right now 60 miles off the coast of Florida. But we're not doing it, the Chinese are, in cooperation with the Cuban government."

Cheney, who said the information came from a column by George Will, later walked back his remarks. So did Will, as part of a correction."

520.gif

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

WELL DONE!!!!!

241.png

What a steaming pile of know-nothing partisanship this thread exhibits.

Troll on boys.

I have to disagree, the instances of offshore crashing the coast are statistically insignificant you know that Toro, hey when it happens is blows but......it just doesn't happen often.

Statistically insignificant is irrelevant. It happened once, and it devastated the Gulf Coast of Florida. We are feeling the affects of it.

I still hear stories in our homegrown vacation spot of Santa Barbara ala the Union Oil platform 1969 blowout. ( Exxon Valdez is something else altogether)
The Gulf blowout was unfortunate, but, no mechanism is as safe, there is always a yardstick in which the risk and effect of an accident precludes the use of the mechanism as its calculated and exemplified calamity is deemed greater or outweighs its advantages.

I have a colleague who is pretty well versed in oil opportunity and depletion, he told me last year that if we went ahead and opened the OCS, even 40% ala east and west we could drop the price by a buck and a half in 5 years and there after for while, as in 10 years or so, depending upon how opec reacts.

I am told otherwise by those in the energy industry.

But let's say you're right. What's it worth to you then? If it is to drop the price of gas by $1.50, how about we get half of that. We get $0.75 that goes into our Treasury and you get $0.75 in your gas tank. Deal?

My understanding was he was being conservative, you are extrapolating your own number, thats fine.

Lets use $1 then. Using my a fore mentioned yardstick, yes I would say its worth it.

And lets remember this scarcity is a manufactured one by humans, not so much the dictates of nature.

You are in Canada, at least some of the time so i assume you are aware that the Keystone XL Pipeline which had cleared all of the hurdles has now been turned back by Obama's DOE who announced they wanted to go back to the drawing baord and start another round of environmental studies.
That pipeline would deliver 15% of our daily use.

Dope.

It won't be much longer until this is available to the construction minded individual that needs a larger vehicle:

Transit-Connect-Electric_002.png

There are alternatives and looking to them saves us much more than doing something really stupid...like drilling for more of the finite fuel source, oil.
Electric cars still require conventional fuels, to run the power plant, to charge up the car.

Of course, if your budget is already strained from the shit economy, the suggestion that you trade in your current ride for a new (probably higher) payment for an Obammymobile is plain old absurd....Just another piece of evidence of how completely cloistered in his little ivory tower that the Boiking is.

True story.

What would happen to the electrical grid if we immediately stopped using oil and switched to EVs?

In CA, transmission lines are ancient, and have needed to be increased and upgraded for years. And good luck building a new power plant with all of the EPA restrictions abused by the environazis.

Trajan

I have a link that estimates daily oil consumption coming off the coast of Florida would be about 200k a day. The Keystone pipeline - which I fully support - could bring as much as 1 million barrels a day, which I will link later. The US consumes over 20 million barrels a day so Keystone would bring in 5% a day.

My opposition to offshore drilling isn't because I'm some namby-pamby environmentalist. Strip mine the tar sands in northern Alberta so all my friends and relatives back home get rich, I don't give a shit. It's because this state relies heavily on tourism. An offshore disaster would hurt Florida economically. I'm worried about jobs and income here. For what, so the price of gas is 25 cents lower for everyone else? We bear all of the risk and everyone else benefits. Sorry, it's not worth the risk to us.

Last edited:

Troll on boys.

Ya think?

Old Rocks summed them up nicely on the first page.

you mean page 3? anyway, that was just another mish mash of the same old same old, aside from the usual pejoratives etc. for the 11th time, there is no car battery even in prototype that creates any cost efficient benefit that would mainstream the use of such even at 3.50 or $4 a gallon.

the FACT is fossil furl is the nergy for the next 25 years, refusal to acknowledge that strikes me as petro- luddism.

Boiking sez your problem is solved, if you just trade in in your car.

Can't Afford Gas For Your Car? Trade It in, Rubes Says Obama « The Greenroom

If your car gets 8mpg and you are complaining about gas prices, you should trade your car in for something more fuel efficient. Give me a break.
Thank you, tovarich Kar Kommissar.

Any other directives you want to pronounce upon the proletariat, while you have them gathered in the square?

Troll on boys.

Ya think?

Old Rocks summed them up nicely on the first page.

you mean page 3? anyway, that was just another mish mash of the same old same old, aside from the usual pejoratives etc. for the 11th time, there is no car battery even in prototype that creates any cost efficient benefit that would mainstream the use of such even at 3.50 or $4 a gallon.

the FACT is fossil furl is the nergy for the next 25 years, refusal to acknowledge that strikes me as petro- luddism.

I have 40 posts per page ... so page one.

There have been prominent voices in America calling for us to get off oil for like 40 years now.......and those voices have been shouted down and mocked all along........those doing the shouting and mocking having the nerve to complain about gas prices today are ultra pathetic.

Forum List

Back