$ 4.09 for reg. unleaded.

There is simply not enough oil in America to affect the price of oil much. There is a ton of oil trapped in shale, but we don't have the technology to get at it, yet. We should drill in ANWR, but this dipshit who used to be at Shell saying there are massive amounts of oil on federal land that is off-limits is full of shit. Or at least that's what everyone whom I talk to in the oil industry tells me. And after seeing what happened here in Florida off the Gulf, fuck offshore drilling in Florida.

I have to disagree, the instances of offshore crashing the coast are statistically insignificant you know that Toro, hey when it happens is blows but......it just doesn't happen often.

I have a colleague who is pretty well versed in oil opportunity and depletion, he told me last year that if we went ahead and opened the OCS, even 40% ala east and west we could drop the price by a buck and a half in 5 years and there after for while, as in 10 years or so, depending upon how opec reacts.

There is simply not enough oil in America to affect the price of oil much. There is a ton of oil trapped in shale, but we don't have the technology to get at it, yet. We should drill in ANWR, but this dipshit who used to be at Shell saying there are massive amounts of oil on federal land that is off-limits is full of shit. Or at least that's what everyone whom I talk to in the oil industry tells me. And after seeing what happened here in Florida off the Gulf, fuck offshore drilling in Florida.

That is exacly what the USGS states, also. We use 24% of the worlds oil, and have 3% of the reserves. Under those conditions, Drill, Baby, Drill, is the chant of drooling idiots.

we get off oil, us Americans buy a good 75 years of growth. Why the right does not get this, is beyond me.

Naw, this bunch of pantywaist whiners are not up to anything constructive. They are much too busy whining that President Obama runs all the Oil Corperations. They are the same people that stated when the prices spiked under Bush that the President did not control oil prices.

And they are the very same people that deny that the Hubert Curve exists.

They are also against such things as Hybrids and EVs, or Bio-diesel from any source. Wind Power is a failure, according to them, and solar doesn't exist, the only thing safe is nuclear.

Here in Portland, Oregon, several solar outfits have build manufacturing plants, with a total employment of 7000. Two battery outfits have put in research plants, with the goal of developing and manufacturing EV batteries here. If one of them succeeds, we have a very good chance of landing a EV vehicle manufacturing plant. That is the kind of thinking we need as a nation.

Get off the oil. Fix it so that individuals can be both consumers and producers of energy. So that anyone that owns their own home can power both their home and their vehicle from solar panels on their own property. Yet, when you mention this to these Conservatives, they act as if you are suggesting heresy. Seems they like to pay money to the big corperations.

I'll say this for like the 10th time, we are not anywhere NEAR a car battery that could change the paradigm as in ,making it cost efficient opposed to $3 gasoline for at least 10 years, period.

That is exacly what the USGS states, also. We use 24% of the worlds oil, and have 3% of the reserves. Under those conditions, Drill, Baby, Drill, is the chant of drooling idiots.

You say "we" almost as if American citizens owned it.

we are done drilling off shore, end of subject. Time to use our brains and move on to the progressive future. I hope the word progressive is not a bad word here?
The what?....
Ok what future is that. Specific to energy?
Tell me oh great one, what the fuck are you going to put in to the fuel tank of your car while we wait for the next great energy for conveyance breakthrough?
You enviro-nazis are surely an entertaining lot. You prance around shouting "no more oil" and haven't a God Damned clue what the hell it is your talking about.
All you flakes care about is how you "feel"...
I would suspect that among the most disliked types of people on planet Earth, you tree huggers are among the most despised.
Look, sunshine, if you want to go all out for green shit , sell your car and don't let us catch you using another friggin thing made with petroleum derivatives. Talk the talk....You had better fucking-a-well walk the walk.
I am sick to death of you lip service enviro-kooks.
I had to laugh my ass off to avoid getting pissed off when I saw this jagoff driving a full sized SUV with a Greepeace bumper sticker on back. And this fuck face tosses his spent cigarette butt out onto the pavement....

Al Gore is doing back-flips somewhere.

Saudi prince will not intervene until oil hits $120. So guess how high oil is going?

Amazing how people can use numbers to misrepresent reality.

Tell me oh great one, what the fuck are you going to put in to the fuel tank of your car while we wait for the next great energy for conveyance breakthrough?

you will get off your fat ass and walk. if not, start saving, at least 15% of your income, that should cover the cost.

time to move on, unless you want to be a whore of big oil. Im sort of tired of it really. Wont be easy. Are you not a do for your self conservative? well, get up and do it. Quit crying.

I have to disagree, the instances of offshore crashing the coast are statistically insignificant you know that Toro, hey when it happens is blows but......it just doesn't happen often.

Statistically insignificant is irrelevant. It happened once, and it devastated the Gulf Coast of Florida. We are feeling the affects of it.

I have a colleague who is pretty well versed in oil opportunity and depletion, he told me last year that if we went ahead and opened the OCS, even 40% ala east and west we could drop the price by a buck and a half in 5 years and there after for while, as in 10 years or so, depending upon how opec reacts.

I am told otherwise by those in the energy industry.

But let's say you're right. What's it worth to you then? If it is to drop the price of gas by $1.50, how about we get half of that. We get $0.75 that goes into our Treasury and you get $0.75 in your gas tank. Deal?

We have a plentiful source of energy: Oil. All we have to do is actually drill to get it. Or use the techniques to get it from the Shale.

The prices are being jacked up artificially by elites who want to stir up the people to chaos. And when chaos comes, then watch the elites make an attempt to seize complete power over us.

It's time we started working hard, being honest, and doing what we need to do to keep our society growing. If we don't, prepare for pain, suffering, death, and oppression.

How many people are going to die from starvation and heat/cold from rising oil prices? How many people are going to be killed in the violent uprisings that are spreading throughout the world? Do you honestly think all these things aren't connected?

How about when the inflation starts?

Things are going to get ugly fast. and the frustrating thing is we can do so much just by getting to work and drilling for oil.

We have a plentiful source of energy: Oil. All we have to do is actually drill to get it. Or use the techniques to get it from the Shale.

The prices are being jacked up artificially by elites who want to stir up the people to chaos. And when chaos comes, then watch the elites make an attempt to seize complete power over us.

It's time we started working hard, being honest, and doing what we need to do to keep our society growing. If we don't, prepare for pain, suffering, death, and oppression.

How many people are going to die from starvation and heat/cold from rising oil prices? How many people are going to be killed in the violent uprisings that are spreading throughout the world? Do you honestly think all these things aren't connected?

How about when the inflation starts?

Things are going to get ugly fast. and the frustrating thing is we can do so much just by getting to work and drilling for oil.

We do not have the technology to bring large amounts of oil out of shale.

And saying prices "are being jacked up by elites" ranks up there with "Bush was behind 9/11." If prices were being jacked up by elites, it would be $8 a gallon like it is in Holland.

Elites have been working on jacking up the price for years. That's why we aren't growing our production of energy. It's purposeful.

It's not like this crisis is a new thing. We've had our leaders promising to fix this for decades. They are lying to us. Why? Because they want the price to go up. Doesn't matter if they are Republicans or Democrats.

Why on earth do you oppose us increasing our energy production? You want to find a good alternative to oil? Great! Good luck. I encourage you to do that. But until that's done let's keep getting the oil we need so people dont start dying.

you will get off your fat ass and walk. if not, start saving, at least 15% of your income, that should cover the cost.

time to move on, unless you want to be a whore of big oil. Im sort of tired of it really. Wont be easy. Are you not a do for your self conservative? well, get up and do it. Quit crying.

you don't work. that is clear. you are too stupid to hold a job. this is why you are a liberal.

Looks like it's time to trade in the Fuckyoumobile for something a bit more sensible.
Right.....You have a large family or a construction business, that requires a van to haul around the tribe and tools, respectively, and you should trade in your "Fuckyoumobile" for a fucking Prius.

Dope.

A Prius? No, but there are plenty of vehicle alternatives to the gas guzzlers we drive around. In my commute to work I pass gas guzzling SUV after gas guzzling SUV with only ONE driver in it. We aren't talking about the working vehicle for the construction crews for goodness sake, but the regular vehicle an individual drives to work every day.

It won't be much longer until this is available to the construction minded individual that needs a larger vehicle:

Transit-Connect-Electric_002.png

There are alternatives and looking to them saves us much more than doing something really stupid...like drilling for more of the finite fuel source, oil.

Naw, this bunch of pantywaist whiners are not up to anything constructive. They are much too busy whining that President Obama runs all the Oil Corperations. They are the same people that stated when the prices spiked under Bush that the President did not control oil prices.

And they are the very same people that deny that the Hubert Curve exists.

They are also against such things as Hybrids and EVs, or Bio-diesel from any source. Wind Power is a failure, according to them, and solar doesn't exist, the only thing safe is nuclear.

Here in Portland, Oregon, several solar outfits have build manufacturing plants, with a total employment of 7000. Two battery outfits have put in research plants, with the goal of developing and manufacturing EV batteries here. If one of them succeeds, we have a very good chance of landing a EV vehicle manufacturing plant. That is the kind of thinking we need as a nation.

Get off the oil. Fix it so that individuals can be both consumers and producers of energy. So that anyone that owns their own home can power both their home and their vehicle from solar panels on their own property. Yet, when you mention this to these Conservatives, they act as if you are suggesting heresy. Seems they like to pay money to the big corperations.

Wind farms are now cheaper than other conventional fuel sources...and nobody dies from wind farms if there is an earthquake (unless one falls on them).

The problem, of course, is in the money that the oil companies throw at our representatives. The oil companies don't want to see us using more wind and solar...because they can't CHARGE for it. Wind and sun are FREE, only the collection method costs which is why the oil companies want to stop it. Energy needs to be in the hands of the people, not controlled and speculated on by huge multinational corporations.

Last edited:
yota, if you drill off my Fl coast, I wont allow that, ever. roger, copy?

Better the other nations do as much. end of subject. Its time for us to be Americans and change the world, again. Are you up for that?

After reading your reply my first impression is to thank God that you're not in a position that would allow your stupid decisions to negatively impact America. But, in all fairness there is some one in the White House that is as intellectually challenged as you seem to be. But, let me make sure that I understand your position.

I understand you to say that it would never be OK for a U.S. oil company to drill for oil off of the coast of Florida? From your post I get the impression that you think it is OK for a Brazilian oil company to drill in the Gulf of Mexico, funded by borrowed U.S. dollars? If that is your position where is the logic in that scheme?

The United States is too dependant on foreign oil. We are giving our money to enemy governments. These governments use that clout to make us dance on the end of a string by manipulating oil prices, and negatively impacting our economy. Then they use the money that we give them to fund terrorist activity against the USA. I can't see how that situation is having a positive impact on our society. The truth of the matter is that more oil wont solve our problem. We don't have the refining capacity within the USA to turn oil into gas.

The USA hasn't allowed one new oil refinery to be built in the last 29 years. At present there is only one active attempt to build a new refinery in Arizona. It has cost this investor 6 years of his time, and 30 million dollars. Today he is no closer to resolution then he was 6 years ago. CorpWatch : US: No New Refineries in 29 Years

This summer experts say that oil will hit $8.00/ gal. How will that impact you personally?

O doesn't want to hear about your problems, Lumpy. You'd better go ahead and install a sail on the top of your car and hope for a good wind.

Obama seeks re-election help from Sharpton's group - Yahoo! Finance

Good one LBT. LOl

My horse might come in real handy next year. Of course it will take a while to get from here to there but at least I'll be riding. LOL

I just filled up this AM at $3.65.

I also live in Florida and the Chinese are even now slant drilling for the oil off the Coast. While we sit idly by.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back