$ 4.09 for reg. unleaded.

Boiking sez your problem is solved, if you just trade in in your car.

Can't Afford Gas For Your Car? Trade It in, Rubes Says Obama « The Greenroom

If your car gets 8mpg and you are complaining about gas prices, you should trade your car in for something more fuel efficient. Give me a break.
Thank you, tovarich Kar Kommissar.

Any other directives you want to pronounce upon the proletariat, while you have them gathered in the square?

Typical response from you.

No one who drives a car getting 8mpg EVER has a right to complain about gas prices, Obamas statement was spot on.

That's would be like lighting your money on fire and then bitching that you're broke. GTFO.

What a frelling red herring.

How many people drive a car that gets 8 MPG these days? Damned few. This is one of those typical Obama false strawman choices.

Boiking sez your problem is solved, if you just trade in in your car.

Can't Afford Gas For Your Car? Trade It in, Rubes Says Obama « The Greenroom

If your car gets 8mpg and you are complaining about gas prices, you should trade your car in for something more fuel efficient. Give me a break.

NO!:evil: I drive my 5.4 liter 465 horsepower every chance I get and will complain about prices all the way to the beach........

And that would be typical of the whiners in this thread.

How many people drive a car that gets 8 MPG these days? Damned few. This is one of those typical Obama false strawman choices.

Except that's what Obamas quote was in reference too. Looks like Oddball decided to leave that part out of his post. Shocking.

Ya think?

Old Rocks summed them up nicely on the first page.

you mean page 3? anyway, that was just another mish mash of the same old same old, aside from the usual pejoratives etc. for the 11th time, there is no car battery even in prototype that creates any cost efficient benefit that would mainstream the use of such even at 3.50 or $4 a gallon.

the FACT is fossil furl is the energy for the next 25 years, refusal to acknowledge that strikes me as petro- luddism.

I have 40 posts per page ... so page one.

There have been prominent voices in America calling for us to get off oil for like 40 years now.......and those voices have been shouted down and mocked all along........those doing the shouting and mocking having the nerve to complain about gas prices today are ultra pathetic.

thats right and that car battery? do you think Art that the research started yesterday? no, it was started decades ago.

And, there was no reason to 'get off oil', I am all for ancillary cost efficient methods substituting for oil or coal, wind/solar ( and IF they ever become mechanically possible to replace oil completely hey I am pretty much but no totally on board) . However, I am not into social arguments ala oil is evil, environmental alarmist dogma.

Except that's what Obamas quote was in reference too. Looks like Oddball decided to leave that part out of his post. Shocking.

Obama made up this "8 MPG" meme to trivialize the legitimate complaint of citizens regarding gasoline prices. Gas prices have doubled since he took office. That increase disproportionately hurts poor and middle class people who are struggling to get by.

Obama made up this "8 MPG" meme to trivialize the legitimate complaint of citizens regarding gasoline prices. Gas prices have doubled since he took office. That increase disproportionately hurts poor and middle class people who are struggling to get by.

Let's not start pretending now that you actually care about the poor or middle class. :lol:

NO!:evil: I drive my 5.4 liter 465 horsepower every chance I get and will complain about prices all the way to the beach........

And that would be typical of the whiners in this thread.

hey, its out there, we just have to go and get it, yet? We are starving ourselves, all for no good purpose other than to satisfy the usual sanctimonious social engineering objections.

you mean page 3? anyway, that was just another mish mash of the same old same old, aside from the usual pejoratives etc. for the 11th time, there is no car battery even in prototype that creates any cost efficient benefit that would mainstream the use of such even at 3.50 or $4 a gallon.

the FACT is fossil furl is the energy for the next 25 years, refusal to acknowledge that strikes me as petro- luddism.

I have 40 posts per page ... so page one.

There have been prominent voices in America calling for us to get off oil for like 40 years now.......and those voices have been shouted down and mocked all along........those doing the shouting and mocking having the nerve to complain about gas prices today are ultra pathetic.

thats right and that car battery? do you think Art that the research started yesterday? no, it was started decades ago.

And, there was no reason to 'get off oil', I am all for ancillary cost efficient methods substituting for oil or coal, wind/solar ( and IF they ever become mechanically possible to replace oil completely hey I am pretty much but no totally on board) . However, I am not into social arguments ala oil is evil, environmental alarmist dogma.

I think the no reason to "get off" oil was a very short sighted attitude to take and I think there has been a lot of money and influence thrown around the last 40 years to help ensure that oil remains king. Had we as a nation taken a different path decades ago we might not be in this mess now or at the very least on the way to getting out of it and not lost in the woods.

Thank you, tovarich Kar Kommissar.

Any other directives you want to pronounce upon the proletariat, while you have them gathered in the square?

Typical response from you.

No one who drives a car getting 8mpg EVER has a right to complain about gas prices, Obamas statement was spot on.

That's would be like lighting your money on fire and then bitching that you're broke. GTFO.
Like any of that is your or Boiking's business to begin with.

And what of the OTR truckers, who can't help but get 4-6 MPG with their 80,000lb diesel rigs?...Are they a bunch of short-sighted rich bitches, with no right to complain, too?

It was a creepy way of trivializing the legitimate concerns of citizens.

"On the one hand we have responsible patriotic citizens who have bought government approved vehicles, and on the other hand we have EVULDEWARS driving 8 MPG GAS GUZZLERS."

Typical Obama faux choice.

Let's not start pretending now that you actually care about the poor or middle class. :lol:

Most of the posters on this board are middle class. Of course we care about the working middle class & working lower class.

Union government workers claim middle class status until they get 3 years from their 20 year at any age retirement when suddenly their pay, benefits & pension explode turns them into millionaires on our dime. As far as I am concerned Unionized Government Employees retire the day they are hired. All they have to do is show up for a while, suck up all the benefits, take long vacations, collect disability, rarely laid off, rarely do any work, bitch about the job, retire at 40 & then feed on fat ass pensions for the next 50 years. Government Union Workers can go fuck themselves!

Gas is $3.89 a gallon here in my small town. The owners of these stations have publically stated that they will charge the maximum they can for gas because they own the stations. Yesturday was the first day the pathways were clear enough of snow to start riding my bike, which I will do until the snow flies again. I can't pay that for gas on moral grounds, I can't believe the greed.

Then you have the station owners out there telling everyone that they don't make any money off of gas and that all their profit comes from selling candy and such. What BS.
1) If you don't make any money, why do you do it then.
2) Not making money on the sale of gas is an accounting trick. If you pay all your overhead with the gas profits you make no money from gas. If you pay all your overhead with you sales of consessions then you make all your profit from your gas sales.

Most of the posters on this board are middle class. Of course we care about the working middle class & working lower class.

Union government workers claim middle class status until they get 3 years from their 20 year at any age retirement when suddenly their pay, benefits & pension explode turns them into millionaires on our dime. As far as I am concerned Unionized Government Employees retire the day they are hired. All they have to do is show up for a while, suck up all the benefits, take long vacations, collect disability, rarely laid off, rarely do any work, bitch about the job, retire at 40 & then feed on fat ass pensions for the next 50 years. Government Union Workers can go fuck themselves!

Don't forget to mention that in the beginning government workers were the family and friends of politicians and that is how they got all those perks in the first place. Just like teachers, who were mostly female and the wives of politicians and other govt workers, taking care of their own.

It was a creepy way of trivializing the legitimate concerns of citizens.

"On the one hand we have responsible patriotic citizens who have bought government approved vehicles, and on the other hand we have EVULDEWARS driving 8 MPG GAS GUZZLERS."

Typical Obama faux choice.

Government approved vehicles?

My God...

Don't forget to mention that in the beginning government workers were the family and friends of politicians and that is how they got all those perks in the first place. Just like teachers, who were mostly female and the wives of politicians and other govt workers, taking care of their own.

Exactly! When you really think about how these assholes only go through the motions play working for 20 years yet manage to get paid for 70 years. WTF people! These assholes are the top 10% of income earners in the USA!

So who's making all the money off a gallon of gas?

The Taxman gets about $.50 a gallon.

The gas station owner claims he gets about $.10 a gallon.

Transportation and refining take about another $.50 a gallon.

So who gets the lion's share of that $4.00 a gallon gas?

Every dime higher is hundreds of thousands of votes against P-BO and the econazis.

We will never truly know because they don't want us to know. Gas prices in my state get investigated every time a severe jump takes place, but there is never any wrong doing that is found. What a joke.

You've unfortunately got to pay to get it out of the ground and refine it.

Forum List

Back