300 million guns, there really is nothing we can do.

hell i am a liberal and own guns.....exact numbers need not be said

Let's just say I would need to take off my shoes and socks to count mine.

An armed society is a civil society.

People commit crimes with guns with the reasonable expectation that they will be confronting an unarmed victim. Take away that advantage and armed robberies, car jackings and mass murder shooting sprees would decrease dramatically.

There was a time when we could defend “A gun in every home” today we defend a “gun in every pocket” and we must look forward when our grandchildren will carry a gun in each pocket.

My grand children already do!

and-intruder-wouldnt-try-to-disarm-this-woman-your-elected-representatives-promised-to-do-it-for-him-500x305.jpg

gunowners1.jpg

"Honey I'm going to get some milk." "Don't forget your gun." "OK"
And what's your problem with that? Why do you want people unable to defend themselves?

Why do you want to make it easier for criminals?

Could it be he Is a criminal? Given his inordinate fear of guns, he probably uses a knife. You know what they say about bringing a knife to a gunfight...

And what's your problem with that? Why do you want people unable to defend themselves?

Could it be he Is a criminal? Given his inordinate fear of guns, he probably uses a knife. You know what they say about bringing a knife to a gunfight...

He's probably a convicted Felon who has nothing left but to whine about people who follow our Laws and still enjoy our Freedoms.

After Aurora gun sales went up, 25 years or so ago I remember when the Ds still talked about gun control, back then they would say, “There are over 100 million guns….” The other day I heard there are over 300 million, and with stuff like this:

Gun Sales Up As High As 41% After Aurora, Colorado Shooting | Z6Mag

I see nothing to stop the increase. I have seen guns that are over a hundred years old and still kill just fine, given that; when will we hit a billion?

Will some day all Americans be armed everywhere all the time?

Good...it also means any Aspiring Dictator we ever elect will have to consider 300 Million armed Americans before he tries to subject us to his will.

:)

I gave a link to this once before but I don't feel like looking for it now, but during the Height of the cold war, the USSR Military had plans for a conventional Invasion of America, and concluded that the Deciding Factor that would make it impossible to do, was the then 230 Million Privately owned Weapons in America.

food for thought.

There was a time when we could defend “A gun in every home” today we defend a “gun in every pocket” and we must look forward when our grandchildren will carry a gun in each pocket.

Really, I don't have a gun, my wife doesn't have a gun, none of my children own a gun. I know very few that own guns.

Nothing like injecting your fears into an issue to make it emotional.

Do you guys go outside of your house?

Yep, not living in fear like you seem to be.

He's probably a convicted Felon who has nothing left but to whine about people who follow our Laws and still enjoy our Freedoms.

Yeah. I've encountered a few of those people on forums before. One gal in particular who was convicted on a DV charge. A mean drunk who liked to pound on her old man.

Possibly. Like many leftists, he probably also refuses to hold criminals accountable for their behavior.

I worry about the motives of people who want to disarm us

They want to enslave people to the government for protection, it is a continuing movement of gaining control. It helps the tyranny.

Why would anyone throw their support behind someone who arrogantly thinks he/she knows what is best for you, and thinks he/she is better suited to decide your life for you for you. They will say "Take my word for it, you'll be safer,happier, and more secure when you do what I tell you to do"... Funny how those people who claim to know what is in your best interest, most certainly feel that what is best for you need not apply to how they run their own lives.

I worry about people who support policies that result in increased incarceration, when we already have more people in prison than any other country. Exactly why do they want us shooting each other?

Maybe it is to excuse wiretaps and wars on terror that are really just wars on freedom, maybe it is to make us not notice who they put in prison when there are so many maybe we won't notice.

But anyone who thinks we are safer with everyone packing a pistol is either crazy or wanting the government to lock up even more people.

After Aurora gun sales went up, 25 years or so ago I remember when the Ds still talked about gun control, back then they would say, “There are over 100 million guns….” The other day I heard there are over 300 million, and with stuff like this:

Gun Sales Up As High As 41% After Aurora, Colorado Shooting | Z6Mag

I see nothing to stop the increase. I have seen guns that are over a hundred years old and still kill just fine, given that; when will we hit a billion?

Will some day all Americans be armed everywhere all the time?

look....I am a Dem....but this one area where I disagree.....well, for the most part anyway. I do believe that the NRA is just a paid shill for arms manufacturers to spread fear and keep the money rolling in. But in truth? I don't give a shit how many guns people have. I own a few myself. I hunt, I plink at targets, I also like archery and am quite capable with a bow.

No matter how many(or few) guns there are out there, there will be some people who will flip their lids and go on a rampage....especially in tough economic times, which the stress of failing and falling behind can and will exacerbate an underlying mental instability. There will be husbands who shoot their wives and vise versa, there will be drug related deaths that involve firearms too....but....

The vast majority of LEGAL gun owners are good, law abiding people who need not be punished by the actions of of criminals and psychopaths....just my opinion.

I worry about people who support policies that result in increased incarceration, when we already have more people in prison than any other country. Exactly why do they want us shooting each other?

Maybe it is to excuse wiretaps and wars on terror that are really just wars on freedom, maybe it is to make us not notice who they put in prison when there are so many maybe we won't notice.

But anyone who thinks we are safer with everyone packing a pistol is either crazy or wanting the government to lock up even more people.

It's really simple... If you don't want to get incarcerated, follow the Laws and don't commit criminal acts.

It's really simple... If you don't want to get incarcerated, follow the Laws and don't commit criminal acts.

We have far more people in prison than any other decent country, why do you think Americans are so bad at following the law?

I think it's because the trust fund babies that own this country micromanage us too much, what's your thoughts?

And nothing that should be done.

nothing stays the same, soon we will have daily gunfights in the street, many take a gun to the movies now, I guess the silver lining is that by far most gun deaths are suicide...

i was also shocked that they are saying many victims were from the police shots.....that is some damned poor gun control....

Yet police officers are highly trained and have to qualify and practice at the range. The right keeps saying how more armed people will make things better. Yeah, I can picture a bunch of untrained or poorly trained civilians with guns improving things. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

We have far more people in prison than any other decent country, why do you think Americans are so bad at following the law?

I think it's because the trust fund babies that own this country micromanage us too much, what's your thoughts?

I think we have a massive Illegal Immigration problem (which no other nation shares on the same magnitude) coupled with Substance abuse problems, and the willingness to throw money at a Welfare system which does little to nothing to encourage people to earn their own keep... Couple these problems with illegally obtained firearms, and it's no wonder gun violence is high. Curtailing the Rights, and Freedoms of those who obtain, and use firearms legally is not going to do anything to fix these problems, and the belief that it will is simply ridiculous. It isn't very hard to go through life avoiding a Prison term if you have even an ounce of civility, and moral standards... If you don't, Prison is exactly where you belong.

i was also shocked that they are saying many victims were from the police shots.....that is some damned poor gun control....

Yet police officers are highly trained and have to qualify and practice at the range. The right keeps saying how more armed people will make things better. Yeah, I can picture a bunch of untrained or poorly trained civilians with guns improving things. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Believe me... I don't profess everyone arbitrarily have a gun. I profess everyone who abides by the Law who wants one should have the Freedom that was given them by the Founders to get one. I have about nine friends in Law enforcement (several different States) and most all have told me that I am more proficient than they are when it comes to most guns simply because they don't use them very often, or have had very much formal training with them -within their departments. But feel free to allow your emotionally charged imagination to run amok.

No, it was not. That is the norm. That is what happens when you don't know the exact situation, you and your target are moving, the target is shooting back, your heart rate is over 160 and the adreneline is flooding your system, making your hands shake and you are scared.

With all that, I am amazed they hit the guy at all. And the police are trained to deal with all the above. And it is still hard to do.

Just think what a bunch of amatuer shooters carrying guns on city streets could do. They wouldn't be able to hit anything by design and shoot a lot of people by accident.

The supposedly trained professionals shot 9 people by mistake. As to the shakes with proper training you do not shake, you do not panic you do not react to him shooting back. That is what training is FOR. To teach you how to react to that situation.

The problem is cops probably fire their weapon once or twice a year on a target range with static targets, no training involved. The reason the military works so well is because every deployment the troops get refresher training on patrolling firing under stress, firing under fire, building clearing, etc etc.

The cops just are not trained properly and not refreshed properly.

Forum List

Back