$27 an hour!!!! And they wonder why they have a problem.

Ford and GM are huge in CHina

I wouldn't call sales of under 1 million cars huge in a country with 1,330,044,544 people https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html

though their rates of GROWTH are better there than here.

GM said sales of its Buick, Chevrolet and Cadillac brands rose 12.7 percent from the first half of last year to 590,126 vehicles. Ford Motor Co. said its sales rose 21 percent from the year-earlier period to 172,411 vehicles.

Ford, GM Enjoy Robust Sales Growth in China | Asian American News | GoldSea

because a billion people own vehicles right?

You do realize that China with a population of a billion.

The United States has more cars then them.

GM has about 11% of the market

Ford has about 9%

Between them they have 20% of the market approx. And they are growing

yea dude.. the latest GM sales seem to be THROUGH THE ROOF!

:lol:

yea dude.. the latest GM sales seem to be THROUGH THE ROOF!

:lol:

I said China genius not here in the US

"GM's sales in China rose nearly 19 percent in 2007 to top 1 million vehicles. Wale said GM expected to grow its sales by another 50 percent by adding sales volume of 500,000 vehicles over the next three years.

China's auto market has grown by between 20 and 30 percent over the past five years, a period of explosive growth that analysts and industry executives say puts it on track to overtake the United States as the largest market for cars and trucks.

GM has said it expects industry sales in China to exceed those in the United States before 2020."

GM sees China sales keeping pace with market in 2008 | Reuters

yeah 19% is pretty nice rise and they are still going up

You do know Buick is like the benz of CHina right?

you DO realize that if GM were seeing such a flattering fucking return in China then they would not be on the verge of bankruptcy here IN THE US, right?

up 19% while still at a stark 256 BILLION dollar deficit in trade? oh gosh, how are we not counting out lucky stars??

Table 1: China's Trade with the United States ($ billion)
Note: US exports reported on FOB basis; imports on a general customs value, CIF basis
Sources: US International Trade Commission, US Department of Commerce, and US Census Bureau
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007
US Exports 14.3 13.1 16.3 19.2 22.1 28.4 34.7 41.8 55.2 65.2
% change 10.9 -8.0 24.4 18.3 15.1 28.5 22.2 20.6 32.1 18.1
US Imports 71.2 81.8 100.0 102.3 125.2 152.4 196.7 243.5 287.8 321.5
% change 13.8 14.9 22.3 2.2 22.4 21.7 29.1 23.8 18.2 11.7
Total 85.5 94.9 116.3 121.5 147.3 180.8 231.4 285.3 343.0 386.7
% change 13.4 11.0 22.6 21.4 21.2 22.8 28.0 23.3 20.2 12.7
US Balance -56.9 -68.7 -83.7 -83.0 -103.1 -124.0 -162.0 -201.6 -232.5 -256.3
US-China Trade Statistics and China's World Trade Statistics

holy shit Shogun, I am not saying they are making billions of dollars off China, I said they are big in China, they own about 20% of th emarket righ tnow and continue to rise and the auto market in China has gone up 30% in the past 5 years.

It is a good market for them to be in i they can stay alive.

However like I said before they need the US First, China only has prob 40-60 million cars on the road, we have around 280 million

holy shit Shogun, I am not saying they are making billions of dollars off China, I said they are big in China, they own about 20% of th emarket righ tnow and continue to rise and the auto market in China has gone up 30% in the past 5 years.

It is a good market for them to be in i they can stay alive.

However like I said before they need the US First, China only has prob 40-60 million cars on the road, we have around 280 million

whooptyfuckingdo! Being BIG in China while WE IN THE UNITED FUCKING STATES fall off the production fucking bandwagon just doesn't impress me. It's the same with excuses as to why JAPAN trades at a stark deficit with the US. These are the supposed fruits that you free market motherfuckers use as the dangling carrot, yes? To ask an iconic 80s question, WHERE IS THE MOTHERFUCKING BEEF. It's not worth the crippled AMERICAN standard of living to hope with all our crossed fingers that China's consumer market will pay off someday while AMERICANS are having to listen to dickface capitalists talk about how global free trade is good for them when, clearly, it is not.

Are youa fucking idiot???

I never once said it was going to solve the problems. I just stated that GM and Ford are big in China an dJill tried to say they aren't.

I am not implying it is going to save the auto industry you asshole.

Are youa fucking idiot???

I never once said it was going to solve the problems. I just stated that GM and Ford are big in China an dJill tried to say they aren't.

I am not implying it is going to save the auto industry you asshole.

look at the numbers, dude. If you have to make lame fucking excuses for why there are not as many American cars sold in china as there are Asian cars sold in the US then chances are "being big" in china means two things: jack and shit.

You know what is big in the US? BMWs. You wanna make the case that BMW should base it's next fiscal year on the limited sample of the American population that can afford a fucking beamer? Ridiculous. Meanwhile, in America...

So we bail them out....they continue doing what they have been doing...and in a number of years we're bailing them out again because, for one reason or another, Americans do not want to buy their products.

So do we refuse to bail them out now and let them do what most businesses have to do - restructure, merge, go out of business, etc. Which will undoubtedly cause pain and suffering to employees.

Or, do we bail them out...and let them continue to make subpar product at above par costs that no one really seems to want....and then do it again later...which will undoubtedly cause pain and suffering to the taxpayers?

And, of course, we can stipulate that our "bailout" comes with mandatory changes and restructuring...but we all see how well the oversight on the current bailout is going...I just don't buy it.

Americans buy a lot of their products, just not as much as they used to, percentage wise as 40 years ago. And it costs them much more to make the same basic vehicle the foreign auto makers do. They absolutely MUST get their labor costs in line with the automakers in the South or they will never make it, no matter how much bailout money they get. And then they need to be OUT IN FRONT of the alternative energy revolution with lots of things like the Volt. Why in HELL they won't give us a Lithium Ion rechargeable SUV is beyond me? Or pump out some high performance ELECTRIC Vets or Vipers ala Tesla or 300 HP Electric or Hybrid sports sedans.

Forum List

Back