I think Barry will probably be the one to "make the ultimate sacrifice" that they talked about in the previews for next week. No way they're going to kill off another well-liked character this soon after Edgar.

That's the one thing that makes me love and hate 24, the fact that anything really can happen. In the average show, a goofy shlub like Edgar would NEVER end up dying a horrible death in front of the girl he wanted so badly to like him. I really couldn't believe they ended that episode on such a quiet, sad note.

But, putting that aside, it was a really good couple of episodes. I liked how Rudy turned into a Bond villain when he was telling his sister about his access card: "I need that card. All it does is let me into the front door and gives me full access to all areas of CTU. It would be useful to a Russian terrorist, but why do you need it?":D

It was nice to see C. Thomas Howell getting a little work, too, even though he really looks like crap these days. Guess those Outsiders checks dried up a while back.

Kim didn't really add much to the show, but I guess she's gonna be more integral to it in later episodes. Did anyone else notice that she had a couple zits above her chin? She's had about as exciting a life as her Dad, she's gone from high school to babysitting to attacked by a mountain lion to CTU agent to "hitting rock bottom" in the span of, what, 3 or 4 years?

And, I think only Jack Bauer can pull off shooting an innocent woman in the leg and still looking like a hero when the dust settles. I'm always expecting him to go crazy like that whenever he's in a scene, so it's almost cathartic when he actually does it.

great two episodes. i think the russian pres wasn't buying that "my wife is nuts" crap from logan. my guess for the next death is Buchanan since he's in another room by himself. i don't think tony will cap off henderson i mean robocop has survived so far! you just knew that the key card would come back and bite them in the ass.

Lynn is definitely dead. Its like Dan said, he only had 2 episodes left. Those were it. Fucking douchebag.

IT was hard watching the hot chick get killed to but you knew it was coming. Helpless girl walks in on terrorist. Any other show and the terrorist would have used her as bait. Since this is real, she was toast the moment she said "Let me go check that out alone."

Havent watched the show all along but i liked Edgar and didnt see that coming at all.

Im starting to think Henderson is hiding the fact that Logan or the VP is behind it all. He thinks hes saving the country which might be BS but he's holding it pretty tight. Logan is becoming shadier and shadier every episode.

What was that little interlude with Pierce and the First Lady?

God so many questions and such a downer cliff hanger. Whole nother week to wait with these thoughts on your mind. Ahhhhhhhh.

Edgar has a deaf 'accent', I wonder if the actor is deaf....

Well, had...

It was a surprise to see him go, but he would have been dead long before he had got there. The ventilation went from outside to the inside chambers, he had to run through the gas all the way there, then have time to pull a long death scene....

Edgar has a deaf 'accent', I wonder if the actor is deaf....

I just thought it was more of a bad lisp. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's how the actor talks, he talked like that in The Sopranos, too.

Dan said:
I just thought it was more of a bad lisp. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's how the actor talks, he talked like that in The Sopranos, too.

No, there is more than the lisp that gives it the deaf 'accent'. I have worked with deaf people for much of my life, I know what they sound like...

I would bet that this gentleman has profound hearing loss.

At least Chloe made it. You always need a computer nerd that looks at everybody with a sneer to complete the show...

Tony is going to have to get the information from the idiot that tried to blow Jack up. Why aren't they waterboarding him, I wonder...?

Edgar!!! No!!!! :boohoo:

How cool that Tony and the guy involved in his wife's death (Henderson) are in the same room. Perhaps Tony will avenge Michelle's death for us with some weird medical equipment. :cof:

theim said:
God DAMN! They're droppn' like flies!
Not Tony! Damn! Poor Jack. First Palmer, then Edgar, Kim kisses him goodbye, Audrey hanging on him :gag: , now Tony! Egads, he's due for a breakdown.

I don't know about all you but I got choked up with that guard's phone call to his daughter. Good stuff. Someone once said working at CTU is like being a red shirt on Star Trek. I must now agree.

no more tony! who's next? this seemed like more of a setup episode. they didn't let on to the next target. i hope that brunette is back. the one from the hotel room. hot!

theim said:
I don't know about all you but I got choked up with that guard's phone call to his daughter. Good stuff. Someone once said working at CTU is like being a red shirt on Star Trek. I must now agree.

Yes! I sniffled. At the same time, for most of the episode, I caught the muffled laughter of the writers I do believe! Especially when Chloe was like, "Shut up and I'll get back to the computer!" :laugh: And again when Kim came and wanted to apologize and ask 'how she was doing.'

Wasn't Bill in the room with Jack last week?

There were a couple of awkwardly written moments for sure (Jack strangles Ponyboy and everyone in the room just looks the other way), but this was a pretty powerful episode. I'm really to the point now that I'm close to being done with the show altogether if it keeps going like this (then again, I know it's going to get back to action eventually). Rudy turned out to be a pretty standup guy, though I really felt worse for the security guard than him. And, yeah, who the hell would get a security job at CTU? I mean, how many times have moles gotten in? How many times has the place been more or less destroyed?

But, really, unless they're planning on ending the show soon, they need to stop with the killing the characters. Edgar was one thing, but Tony's been there since day one, and he was actually my Dad's favorite character on the show!

Dan said:
There were a couple of awkwardly written moments for sure (Jack strangles Ponyboy and everyone in the room just looks the other way), but this was a pretty powerful episode. I'm really to the point now that I'm close to being done with the show altogether if it keeps going like this (then again, I know it's going to get back to action eventually). Rudy turned out to be a pretty standup guy, though I really felt worse for the security guard than him. And, yeah, who the hell would get a security job at CTU? I mean, how many times have moles gotten in? How many times has the place been more or less destroyed?

But, really, unless they're planning on ending the show soon, they need to stop with the killing the characters. Edgar was one thing, but Tony's been there since day one, and he was actually my Dad's favorite character on the show!

Yeah, it isn't just Security Guard Number Four who gets killed. Palmer, Michelle, Edgar, Tony, even Lynn, all these characters who have developed over a few seasons or who were really interesting are just getting whacked without remorse.

And now that I really think about Tony, it's kind of weird that he was put in a coma and was successfully healed--only to die about an hour later. I wonder if killing him off was a later story decision.

I was wondering that myself. His coma didn't serve the plot at all, unless they just couldn't figure out how to work him into the plot, so they just did that to get him out of the way for a while.

Is it possible that he's not dead? Yeah, he closed his eyes and went limp, Jack cried, but could that just be a big psyche-out? Or am I just in denial?

Great episode, except for the daughter's out-of-place conversation with Chloe.

I got the feeling that the shadowy guy in the back of the car with the woman from Homeland Security is dirty. Perhaps he was set up to take over CTU after the nerve gas.

I got the feeling that the shadowy guy in the back of the car with the woman from Homeland Security is dirty. Perhaps he was set up to take over CTU after the nerve gas.

I don't know, I think it'll just be a power struggle between Homeland Security and CTU. And, of course, they'll try to keep Jack under control and he'll go against orders to save the day. I hope! If I had to judge from the past couple episodes, I'd say Jack accidentally kills Kim, CTU explodes and kills Chloe and Audrey, then the producers come to each viewer's house and pees on his or her pillow.

Dan said:
I was wondering that myself. His coma didn't serve the plot at all, unless they just couldn't figure out how to work him into the plot, so they just did that to get him out of the way for a while.

Is it possible that he's not dead? Yeah, he closed his eyes and went limp, Jack cried, but could that just be a big psyche-out? Or am I just in denial?

Probly the latter I'm afraid. I confess to holding out hope at the end of last week that Edgar's massive bulk would somehow prevent him from actually dying from the gas, sort of like how an elephant needs a huge amount of tranquilizers to put down. I eventually just accepted it :tng:

Forum List

Back