230,000 miles

Automotive tech is far better than than it ever was, that's obvious.

I remember when we had to buy new tires every 10K miles, when tuneups were absolutely something you did a couple times a year, when if you got a car with 100k miles it was a marvel to behold, too.

Now tires last 40K and with modest maintenance 200K on your car is to be expected!

My ride has 300K with the original radiator cap. Gets about 30 MPG, diesel. Was NEVER available in the Mpyre.It's emissions, tested yearly, are less that a 1988 F150(gas) that my neighbor uses for work.

Attachments

• $cruiser.JPG
    $cruiser.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 76
You mean American ASSEMBLED Toyota, right?

The parts are made worldwide, but I would guess mostly in Japan.

Still assembling them here from parts made elsewhere is better than having them shipped here as complete units.

Diesel is the way to go. :thup:
Too bad it's not caught on here.

It hasnt "caught on" here because the EPA won't allow most deisel vehicles to be sold here.

For example, in Europe I'm informed, I can buy a Ford Ranger with a 4 cyl. deisel engine that gets 40-50 MPG.

But here in the USA I am stuck buying a Ranger with a gas engine that only gets about 25-30 MPG.

Why?

Particulates, I'm told.

Doesn't seem logical to me to allow the much larger trucks to run on deisel, but not the smaller ones.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all!

Last edited:
230,000 miles....

Thank you, American made Toyota Camry.

Its cool to see it roll over 200,000 miles.My Ranger hit it awhile ago. What year is your car ?

I know I should buy a new car, but I just can't get rid of this one.

I never had a car that lasted this long without any real trouble.

Why "should" you buy a new car when you have one that is running just fine?

And BTW you should never ever buy a new car as it is the worst purchase you can make for the value. You're better off buying a car that's a couple years old

Diesel is the way to go. :thup:
Too bad it's not caught on here.

It hasnt "caught on" here because the EPA won't allow most deisel vehicles to be sold here.

For example, in Europe I'm informed, I can buy a Ford Ranger with a 4 cyl. deisel engine that gets 40-50 MPG.

But here in the USA I am stuck buying a Ranger with a gas engine that only gets about 25-30 MPG.

Why?

Particulates, I'm told.

Doesn't seem logical to me to allow the much larger trucks to run on deisel, but not the smaller ones.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all!

VW has a dandy diesel sedan.
There should be more such models available across the board. And small to mid size pick-em-up trucks.
Heck even an old Mercedes would be an improvement.

Forum List

Back