230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wasting my time with you assgoblin, my point has been made

You didn't make a point. You seized on the word "estimated" without knowing on what that figure is based. Then you screamed, quite comically, about "assumptions" and "biases" while not explaining or articulating how and what you mean by that.

All you did was try to gaslight, and you got caught doing it.

Plus you didn't link the study, you linked an abc news story on it that didn't link the study.

I linked to the study too, you were just too lazy to click on it. Also, you can search in Google.

Here, I'll even give you the page from the DOJ to help you get started since I know you need a handicap.

Funny how they don't show methodology or source material. In other words it is a "study" founded on opinion. Opinions aren't fact.

They do, actually. It's a DOJ study and you can read the study right here if you want.

Not that I expect you to...if gaslighting is the only tactic you have left, then I've already made my point.

I already looked at that link, the author has no mention of how she compiled the report. She has no link to her raw data that we could then use to verify her estimates. In other words it is her OPINION based on not a whole bunch of actual, observed data.

The one about remington? Lol did you read it?

Nooooooo...the one about the families of the Sandy Hook victims suing gun makers.

You said they were suing the gunmaker, but the article you linked to said they were filing a suit with their state court to allow them to sue the gunmakers...and that motion was filed back in November.

So somehow, in your head, suing for the right to sue gunmakers became just suing the gunmakers. So what you did was essentially spread Fake News. I want to know why you do that. Is it laziness? Is it just a callous disregard for things? What gives?

This, after it was already acknowledge that a Bush the Dumber-era law shielded gun makers from liability. Which they did because they saw how effective suing tobacco companies was and didn't want to face the same fate.
OMFG

Hey man, you asked for it.

I want to know why you have this habit of not fully reading the things that either you post, or are posted in response to you?

committing a crime in order to commit more crime yet it's the fault of the party who committed no crime

You made a choice to increase the supply of guns for criminals to steal. So you must be held responsible for that choice.

No one forced you to buy a gun that only adds to the supply of guns for criminals to steal.

Choices have consequences and responsibilities. If you don't want those responsibilities, don't buy a fucking gun.

It's that simple.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to suggest that 100% of non stolen gun owner should be without guns due to 0.08% of them having a gun stolen AND stating that the ones who did have it stolen are responsible for the criminal act that was perpetrated upon them
Honestly, in the one year I have been here your posts on this are the most idiotic and irrational that I have seen on any subject
Can I get a second?

86% is a very good percentage

It's not an "A". It's not even a "B+". Would you eat at a restaurant with a B health rating? So why do you want to put you life in the hands of B students?

And why isn't the number 100%?

What point were you trying to make (but failed)?

That "responsible gun owners" are anything but responsible.

Then you don't need to own one.

Exactly. I don't, and neither do you or anyone else.

All owning a gun does is increase the supply of guns that thieves will steal and then use in crimes.

That's what 230,000 stolen guns every year represent.

Why are you engaging in a war on women?

^Trolling

Wait, ALL owning a gun does is increase the supply for thieves? I'm pretty sure gun ownership can involve more than leaving a gun sitting around until someone steals it. :p

Hard data? They have data on every single robbery and exact #'s on every gun stolen?

It's according to the NCVS survey that has been around since 1973. So it's pretty fuckin' reliable.

When you have to extrapolate, the data is no longer "hard"

They were just giving an average number of stolen guns a year...the actual number varies by year, of course.

It's even worse now than it was from 2005-10 when the DOJ studied it. And those gun thefts in the link there are just from gun retailers and stores, and don't include those stolen from homes and cars.

I happen to think it's in the 400,000 - 600,000 a year. I think that gun owners who had their weapons stolen from them, and were surveyed by the NCVS simply didn't say their guns were stolen. I mean, when only 86% of gun thefts are reported, it doesn't fill me with confidence that gun owners are being responsible.

Then you don't need to own one.

Exactly. I don't, and neither do you or anyone else.

All owning a gun does is increase the supply of guns that thieves will steal and then use in crimes.

That's what 230,000 stolen guns every year represent.

Why are you engaging in a war on women?

^Trolling

Wait, ALL owning a gun does is increase the supply for thieves? I'm pretty sure gun ownership can involve more than leaving a gun sitting around until someone steals it. :p

You would think so, but with nothing requiring secure storage, and 230,000 guns being stolen, evidently, lots of gun owners don't really care. Doesn't sound very responsible, does it?

This probably has been stated in this thread already but they should make a law saying it's illegal to steal. That should fix this.

I think this is one aspect of gun ownership that is never talked about. What are the responsibilities of gun owners to ensure they are not stolen from them? Should gun safes be required? If a non secure gun is stolen is the owner liable and if so what is the punishment? Should gun owners also carry insurance for their weapons to include covering for stolen weapons?
All firearms should be secured and insured.

Detailed records must also be kept, serial numbers in particular if the guns are destroyed or stolen.

I already looked at that link, the author has no mention of how she compiled the report.

What's with the lies, man? Seriously.

The link says very plainly that it comes from the National Crime Victim Survey that the DOJ has been running since 1973.

Why are you lying? I don't understand. This is the weakest gaslighting I've ever seen.

She has no link to her raw data that we could then use to verify her estimates. In other words it is her OPINION based on not a whole bunch of actual, observed data.

Idiot. If you bothered to actually read the link, you'd know that it comes from the National Crime Victim Survey that the DOJ has been running since 1973.

Here's the actual study.

No more gaslighting excuses.

According to the dwerp if I buy a new TV I am responsible for providing an avenue for a criminal to steal it

This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

And yet, less than 20,000 people per year are killed by murderers using guns, so even if all those murders involved stolen guns, more than 90% of the stolen guns were not involved in anybody killing anyone.

Unless of course, all of suicides by gun were done with stolen weapons. Then the gun deaths would increase to 40K, leaving 190K non-lethal stolen guns.

Wait, ALL owning a gun does is increase the supply for thieves? I'm pretty sure gun ownership can involve more than leaving a gun sitting around until someone steals it.

Nope.

Gun ownership does nothing more than increase the supply of available guns for thieves to steal. Any gun in the hands of a criminal was once ion the hands of a "responsible gun owner" who either lost it, sold it to someone shady because they needed the money, or had it stolen from them. And the real kicker is that when guns go missing from homes, they're only reported to the police less than 90% of the time. How come it's not 100%? If we are to believe that "responsible gun owners" exist, how come they can't even get an "A" when it comes to reporting their own weapons as stolen?

You would think so, but with nothing requiring secure storage, and 230,000 guns being stolen, evidently, lots of gun owners don't really care. Doesn't sound very responsible, does it?

And since there's no way to tell who those lazy people are, then we as a society must remove guns in order to make it safer for everyone.

I don't want to put my life in the hands of neglectful and negligent B students.

Wait, ALL owning a gun does is increase the supply for thieves? I'm pretty sure gun ownership can involve more than leaving a gun sitting around until someone steals it.

Nope.

Gun ownership does nothing more than increase the supply of available guns for thieves to steal. Any gun in the hands of a criminal was once ion the hands of a "responsible gun owner" who either lost it, sold it to someone shady because they needed the money, or had it stolen from them. And the real kicker is that when guns go missing from homes, they're only reported to the police less than 90% of the time. How come it's not 100%? If we are to believe that "responsible gun owners" exist, how come they can't even get an "A" when it comes to reporting their own weapons as stolen?
:cuckoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back