230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
"the sky is falling, the sky is falling"

The sky seems to be falling so much that you have to arm yourself with guns against criminals armed with guns they stole from people like you.\

If the sky isn't falling, why arm yourself with a gun that thieves will try to steal?

I purchase firearms to target shoot.

if I should need one against a criminal, I have one.

(But, it's NOT why I buy them)

I didn't "join" anyone.

You did. You joined an exclusive group of people who are actively increasing the supply of guns for criminals to steal. You made that choice.

And tell you what the day any of my guns get stolen I'll sell my house and give you the profit.

I don't believe you would do that. There's a less than 90% chance you'd even tell the cops, so it's even more remote that you'd tell me. In fact, I'd wager you've already lost one or had one stolen, or you sold it to someone shady because you needed the quick cash.

No I did not.

I don't know everyone who owns guns nor do I care to,

Shit most of my friends don't know I own guns

and please tell me how you get that less than 90% stat and FYI "I pulled it out of my ass" is not a valid answer

Breaking and entering is illegal.

Most all guns in the hands of criminals are stolen from homes.

Let that sink in.

So you buy a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

If you can't see the insanity of that, then you're actively trying not to.

Here's the thing...not buying a gun doesn't magically make all of the guns already in the hands of criminals disappear. If you can't see that, you're actively trying not to. :p

.​

Good Luck ... :thup:

M28.jpg

.​

To paraphrase what 2aguy said, if they break in and know your guns are there, they will find a way into the safe.

Good luck

You have an awful lot of faith in the common criminal you must be one

wrong.....70-80% of shooting victims are other criminals......and as Americans use their legally owned guns to stop violent criminals 1,500,000 times a year....and you have yet to provide a link to your number.........can you do the math and tell us which number is bigger?

No, they don't use their guns 1.5 million times a year. The study you're getting that figure from also says that it could be as little as 100,000 times a year. In fact, they said that the numbers are not conclusive because they need more study.

So you left that part out of what you said. I want to know why?

Because I am going by what they actually found, not by what they wanted to find. How many research studies do you know where the individuals created the study, using modern research techniques they spent their lives understanding.....they implement the study, and then, when they get the result they didn't want, they use the rest of the time in the study saying how the findings they found can't be right, even though they used accepted methods of research.....

And then, you have the fact that this is just one study....Gary Kleck's is another study, the very study the clinton guys were hired to debunk, and didn't.....and those are only 2 of about a dozen that show that gun self defense is common, rarely results in the actual firing of a gun, and saves lives......

This is from their study....what they actually found...

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

Applying those restrictions leaves 19 NSPOF respondents (0.8 percent of the sample), representing 1.5 million defensive users. This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known estimate of Kleck and Gertz, shown in the last column of exhibit 7. While the NSPOF estimate is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error. Inclusion of multiple DGUs reported by half of the 19 NSPOF respondents increases the estimate to 4.7 million DGUs.

n the third column of Table 6.2, we apply the Kleck and Gertz (1995) criteria for "genuine" DGUs (type A), leaving us with just 19 respondents. They represent 1.5 million defensive users. This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known Kleck and Gertz estimate of 2.5 million, shown in the last

While ours is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference petrator; in most cases (69 percent), the is due to sampling error. Note that when we include the multiple DGUs reported by half our 19 respondents, our estimate increases to 4.7 million DGUs.
----

As shown in Table 6.6, the defender fired his or her gun in 27 percent of these incidents (combined "fire warning shots" and "fire at perpetrator" percentages, though some respondents reported firing both warning shots and airning at the perpetrator). Forty percent of these were "warning shots," and about a third were aimed at the perpetrator but missed. The perpetrator was wounded by the crime victim in eight percent of all DGUs. In nine percent of DGUs the victim captured and held the perpetrator at gunpoint until the police could arrive.

And then you have all the other studies as well....you don't like what these studies show because you want to ban guns....but they are the truth, the facts and the reality...

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

If they know you have guns and they want them, they will get into that safe...

Exactly my point. There is no 100% sure fire way to completely secure your guns. And since most guns that criminals get are stolen from homes, what sense does it make to increase that supply?

You know...I agree with you completely....which is why I think all women should be forced to wear a Burqa.......men commit rape because women dress in short skirts and low cut tops...also, women who are alone without a male relative to accompany them are also targets for rape...

So...following your logic, rape is the fault of the women and the families who allow those women to go out into public alone...

So...following your logic, we need to mandate all women to wear burqas....and that when in public they must be accompanied by a male relative.....that would stop rape...I mean....if you know that men rape women because they dress in short skirts and low cut tops, and they go out in public alone....why would you want to increase rape by allowing that?

Breaking and entering is illegal.

Let that sink in.

So you buy a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

If you can't see the insanity of that, then you're actively trying not to.
I've owned weapons my entire life.

None have ever been stolen.

None have ever been used illegally.

They are stored and locked.

I'm not taking responsibility for some jackass who cannot secure his weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back