230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Derp

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2017
This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

"estimated"

/thread.

You do realize those numbers include businesses right?
Like the example in your link of a criminal stealing a car and running through the wall..
Great thread bro....

• Banned

No, it doesn't.

If you read the entire article, which you didn't, you'd know that there's an additional 25,000 guns stolen every year in commercial thefts.

But not reading thoroughly is kinda your thing, isn't it? Being a lazy, entitled nobody is what you're going for, right?

No, it doesn't.

If you read the entire article, which you didn't, you'd know that there's an additional 25,000 guns stolen every year in commercial thefts.

But not reading thoroughly is kinda your thing, isn't it? Being a lazy, entitled nobody is what you're going for, right?
yep. you are correct. my bad.
Probably feels good to be right about something, doesnt it statist bedwetter?

• Banned

"estimated"

/thread.

Did you read the entire article? No. You just stopped reading after "estimated".

Are you too afraid to read the whole thing?

0.08% of all guns
Very very low rate of theft
38% of black males have been incarcerated
Now that's a number

"estimated"

/thread.

Did you read the entire article? No. You just stopped reading after "estimated".

Are you too afraid to read the whole thing?

Studies on topics like this are worth less then the paper they are printed on. Too many assumptions, too many chances for the creator's bias to influence the results.

W.O.R.T.H.L.E.S.S

It doesn't feel good, actually. It feels pretty shitty that I have to go to these lengths to show how lazy you are. And from that laziness comes the ignorant arguments you find yourself making.

This is the second time in less than a couple hours where you responded to a link that you didn't fully read. In fact, the other instance you posted the link and didn't even read it.

What gives with that? Why do you do that?

I think this is one aspect of gun ownership that is never talked about. What are the responsibilities of gun owners to ensure they are not stolen from them? Should gun safes be required? If a non secure gun is stolen is the owner liable and if so what is the punishment? Should gun owners also carry insurance for their weapons to include covering for stolen weapons?

"estimated"

/thread.

Be honest, how many times have you been accused of being premature?

0.08% of all guns
Now that's a number

Ah, but nearly 100% of the guns used by criminals are guns that were stolen from homes.

So you arm yourself with a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

So you're increasing the pool and availability of guns for criminals to steal.

"estimated"

/thread.

If that's the best response you have.

/thread.

It doesn't feel good, actually. It feels pretty shitty that I have to go to these lengths to show how lazy you are. And from that laziness comes the ignorant arguments you find yourself making.

This is the second time in less than a couple hours where you responded to a link that you didn't fully read. In fact, the other instance you posted the link and didn't even read it.

What gives with that? Why do you do that?
The one about remington? Lol did you read it?

"estimated"

/thread.

If that's the best response you have.

/thread.

I'm sorry, I can't compete with '/thread' since it's proven wrong with each additional post.

What should be done about the all the stolen guns? Do you have an opinion on that?

0.08% of all guns
Now that's a number

Ah, but nearly 100% of the guns used by criminals are guns that were stolen from homes.

So you arm yourself with a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

So you're increasing the pool and availability of guns for criminals to steal.
I should park my car on my roof because right now it's at a greater risk of theft where someone could use it to commit a crime which would be all my fault because I failed to properly secure my vehicle
Lib 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back