230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

Funny how they don't show methodology or source material. In other words it is a "study" founded on opinion. Opinions aren't fact.

Studies on topics like this are worth less then the paper they are printed on.

So that's called "gaslighting" and it's a very lazy way for people like you to avoid reconciling the facts with their own warped belief systems.

Too many assumptions

Really? Like what? What are the assumptions? Or are you just saying "assumptions" because you can't think of anything else to say, but don't want to concede my point.

too many chances for the creator's bias to influence the results.

How so? Please, elaborate on what leads you to this conclusion.

W.O.R.T.H.L.E.S.S

The only thing more worthless than you is a gun meant to protect your home.

This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

"estimated"

/thread.

Be honest, how many times have you been accused of being premature?

If that's the best response you have.

/thread.

I'm sorry, I can't compete with '/thread' since it's proven wrong with each additional post.

What should be done about the all the stolen guns? Do you have an opinion on that?

The posts may continue, but the point of the thread ended with my pointing out this is a study that used the term "estimated"

Just like a decapitated snake will twitch for a time after the chop, this thread will continue on, but in reality it's as dead as mr headless snake.

committing a crime in order to commit more crime yet it's the fault of the party who committed no crime
I used to think it was exaggeration but liberalism does approach mental illness on some issues

Studies on topics like this are worth less then the paper they are printed on.

So that's called "gaslighting" and it's a very lazy way for people like you to avoid reconciling the facts with their own warped belief systems.

Too many assumptions

Really? Like what? What are the assumptions? Or are you just saying "assumptions" because you can't think of anything else to say, but don't want to concede my point.

too many chances for the creator's bias to influence the results.

How so? Please, elaborate on what leads you to this conclusion.

W.O.R.T.H.L.E.S.S

The only thing more worthless than you is a gun meant to protect your home.

Not wasting my time with you assgoblin, my point has been made

Plus you didn't link the study, you linked an abc news story on it that didn't link the study.

0.08% of all guns
Very very low rate of theft
38% of black males have been incarcerated
Now that's a number

Ah, but nearly 100% of the guns used by criminals are guns that were stolen from homes.

So you arm yourself with a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

So you're increasing the pool and availability of guns for criminals to steal.
I should park my car on my roof because right now it's at a greater risk of theft where someone could use it to commit a crime which would be all my fault because I failed to properly secure my vehicle
Lib 101

Is this an argument? Is someone asking you to keep your gun on the moon?

Then you don't need to own one.

Why are you engaging in a war on women?

The one about remington? Lol did you read it?

Nooooooo...the one about the families of the Sandy Hook victims suing gun makers.

You said they were suing the gunmaker, but the article you linked to said they were filing a suit with their state court to allow them to sue the gunmakers...and that motion was filed back in November.

So somehow, in your head, suing for the right to sue gunmakers became just suing the gunmakers. So what you did was essentially spread Fake News. I want to know why you do that. Is it laziness? Is it just a callous disregard for things? What gives?

This, after it was already acknowledge that a Bush the Dumber-era law shielded gun makers from liability. Which they did because they saw how effective suing tobacco companies was and didn't want to face the same fate.

"estimated"

/thread.

/thread.

I'm sorry, I can't compete with '/thread' since it's proven wrong with each additional post.

What should be done about the all the stolen guns? Do you have an opinion on that?

The posts may continue, but the point of the thread ended with my pointing out this is a study that used the term "estimated"

Just like a decapitated snake will twitch for a time after the chop, this thread will continue on, but in reality it's as dead as mr headless snake.

The point of the thread is very much alive, you haven't demonstrated or proven anything.

I should park my car on my roof because right now it's at a greater risk of theft where someone could use it to commit a crime which would be all my fault because I failed to properly secure my vehicle

Nearly 100% of car thefts are reported to the police, yet only 86% of gun thefts are. How come?

"estimated"

/thread.

/thread.

The point of the thread is very much alive, you haven't demonstrated or proven anything.

The OP hasn't proved anything either, except he can link an ABC news story that doesn't even link the study in question.

The one about remington? Lol did you read it?

Nooooooo...the one about the families of the Sandy Hook victims suing gun makers.

You said they were suing the gunmaker, but the article you linked to said they were filing a suit with their state court to allow them to sue the gunmakers...and that motion was filed back in November.

So somehow, in your head, suing for the right to sue gunmakers became just suing the gunmakers. So what you did was essentially spread Fake News. I want to know why you do that. Is it laziness? Is it just a callous disregard for things? What gives?

This, after it was already acknowledge that a Bush the Dumber-era law shielded gun makers from liability. Which they did because they saw how effective suing tobacco companies was and didn't want to face the same fate.
OMFG

he posts may continue, but the point of the thread ended with my pointing out this is a study that used the term "estimated".

They estimate it at 230,000 based on 5 years' worth of hard data they collected that shows 1.4 million guns were stolen, as responded to the NCVS survey that has been around since 1973.

So once again, your gaslighting fails and your point fails with it.

Nearly 100% of car thefts are reported to the police, yet only 86% of gun thefts are. How come?
86% is a very good percentage
What point were you trying to make (but failed)?

he posts may continue, but the point of the thread ended with my pointing out this is a study that used the term "estimated".

They estimate it at 230,000 based on 5 years' worth of hard data they collected that shows 1.4 million guns were stolen, as responded to the NCVS survey that has been around since 1973.

So once again, your gaslighting fails and your point fails with it.

Hard data? They have data on every single robbery and exact #'s on every gun stolen?

When you have to extrapolate, the data is no longer "hard"

committing a crime in order to commit more crime yet it's the fault of the party who committed no crime

You made a choice to increase the supply of guns for criminals to steal. So you must be held responsible for that choice.

No one forced you to buy a gun that only adds to the supply of guns for criminals to steal.

Choices have consequences and responsibilities. If you don't want those responsibilities, don't buy a fucking gun.

It's that simple.

0.08% of all guns
Very very low rate of theft
38% of black males have been incarcerated
Now that's a number

Ah, but nearly 100% of the guns used by criminals are guns that were stolen from homes.

So you arm yourself with a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

So you're increasing the pool and availability of guns for criminals to steal.
Lib 101

If you leave your car readily accessible to a thief, you can be held partially responsible for any crimes he may commit with it. That's what a cop told me as he wrote me a ticket for leaving my car running while I ran into a convenience store on a cold morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back