230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice, even though off topic, is we all stay off this thread and ignore this troll. All he does is post the same bull shit over and over. You got guns, you are buying them so thieves can steal them. If someone breaks in you don't need a gun even though they have one.

We keep ours locked up...and are getting a nice big gun safe for our vacation home to share with our soon to be son-in-law.

I bet they all say that...maybe that's why they only report the guns are stolen 86% of the time; because they don't want to be embarrassed at the fact that their locks didn't work.

Which, if I'm not mistaken means that 99.9% are NOT stolen. That's really good!

LOL!

That's 230,000 stolen every year, not in the aggregate. Which means over the last 40 years, at least 9 million guns have ended up in the hands of criminals that they took from homes.

So you buy a gun to protect your home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

That's insanity.

Whoa there Corky

Was that 230000 a 40 year average?

I don't think so

Yes, criminal turn in their illegal weapons at a higher rate than law abiding citizens

When criminals are caught, their guns are caught too.

Also, if there was a no-questions-asked buyback of guns, which I'd propose, I bet most of those criminals would turn in their stolen weapons for cash. Particularly if you're offering above market value, which you could certainly do if you repealed the Trump/Conservative/Russia Tax Cut to pay for it.

Guess how the Nazis took power? All the law-abiding citizens turned in their guns and the Nazis didn't. :eek:

25,000 / 300,000,000 = 0.00008.

That's 25,000 commercial thefts every year. Which is when a gun is stolen from a retailer or store.

That's sin addition to the 230,000 guns stolen from individuals every year.

So in total, there are 255,000 guns that go stolen every year. Which means after 10 years, 2.5 million criminals got armed with guns.

I am not sure why you're trying to make believe that total is an aggregate and not a per-year average.

Probably because you're a dishonest person, or maybe because you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

But then again, only crazy people would buy a gun to protect their home from criminals armed with guns they stole from homes.

.​

Good Luck ... :thup:

M28.jpg

.​

It's an old study brought up by ABC to seem relavant

It's not that old, it's from 2012. If anything, it's now underestimating the number of guns stolen a year because there are now more guns out there for thieves to steal than there were 6 years ago.

If they know you have guns and they want them, they will get into that safe...

Exactly my point. There is no 100% sure fire way to completely secure your guns. And since most guns that criminals get are stolen from homes, what sense does it make to increase that supply?

What was the point of that response?
someone calls, saying they are doing a poll, asking if I own firearms.

Despite having a safe full of firearms, I tell them I don't own one. (not lying, I own more than one)

If it's a REAL poll, it skews there results.

If it's NOT a real poll, I'm not telling criminals what I do, and do NOT own.

(only a fool would respond in the affirmative to a poll like that)

No....easily available guns are used to stop 1,500,000 rapes, robberies and murders...each year according to bill clinton....

So the part you leave out here was that the 1.5 million was the high end estimate. The study you're pulling from also says that number could be as low as 100,000. The researchers even said in the study itself that more study and data was required in order to form a better conclusion.

So why did you leave those two bigly important things out of your post?

It's an old study brought up by ABC to seem relavant

It's not that old, it's from 2012. If anything, it's now underestimating the number of guns stolen a year because there are now more guns out there for thieves to steal than there were 6 years ago.

Still something dug up from the past to make a point that isn't really a point at all.

Just because people steal guns is no reason i cannot own one.

wrong.....70-80% of shooting victims are other criminals......and as Americans use their legally owned guns to stop violent criminals 1,500,000 times a year....and you have yet to provide a link to your number.........can you do the math and tell us which number is bigger?

No, they don't use their guns 1.5 million times a year. The study you're getting that figure from also says that it could be as little as 100,000 times a year. In fact, they said that the numbers are not conclusive because they need more study.

So you left that part out of what you said. I want to know why?

Get rid of the guns, and there's less need to protect yourself.

Exactly. And nearly all criminals are armed with guns they stole from homes and cars; the two places that people buy guns to protect. It's a deeply cynical and insane cycle.

Get rid of the guns, and there's less need to protect yourself.

Exactly. And nearly all criminals are armed with guns they stole from homes and cars; the two places that people buy guns to protect. It's a deeply cynical and insane cycle.

Are you some kind of secret Nazi or something? Trying to get citizens to turn in their guns while you keep yours?

I didn't "join" anyone.

You did. You joined an exclusive group of people who are actively increasing the supply of guns for criminals to steal. You made that choice.

And tell you what the day any of my guns get stolen I'll sell my house and give you the profit.

I don't believe you would do that. There's a less than 90% chance you'd even tell the cops, so it's even more remote that you'd tell me. In fact, I'd wager you've already lost one or had one stolen, or you sold it to someone shady because you needed the quick cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back