230,000 guns stolen from "law abiding, responsible gun owners" every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

'Hot' Guns Fueling Crime, US Study Says
An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

Yeah, that's why you oppose gun ownership...

iu

Caption: For a black guy, I have a white guy's dick. Hence the gun.
You spend an inordinate amount of time whining and insulting the members on this board.

It is apparent that you are just as fucking obnoxious in real life.

You lost your friends IRL and you are not making friends here.

You can whine and you can continue to pout and lash out at the posters on this board.

I can guarantee that you will not get our firearms.

Back to your rant, DERP!

:boo_hoo14:

It's definitely not a fact that gun ownership is at a low. Which is why you think it's a fact.

Yes, it is a fact:

From Fortune Magazine, June 30th, 2016:

The Weird Reason Why Gun Ownership in America Is at Its Lowest Point Since the 1970s

Despite a recent uptick in gun sales, the percentage of U.S. households that own guns is at its lowest level in almost four decades, a new poll has found.

A recent CBS News poll found that 36% of adults either personally own a firearm or live with someone who does–the lowest level since 1978. That’s 10% lower than gun ownership rates in 2012 and 17 points lower than 1994’s high of 53%.

Meanwhile, gun purchases are at historic highs, measured by FBI firearm background checks, and gun manufacturers are producing record numbers of firearms — about 4.4 million a year in the U.S. according to the latest count from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

So how can gun ownership be at a record low if sales are up? Because most of the rise in gun purchases comes from existing gun owners stocking up over concerns about tighter gun laws following recent mass shootings, rather than by people buying their first gun, according to the Washington Post. An analysis by the paper last year found that the average American gun owner owns about eight firearms, double that in the 1990s. Similarly, a CBS News poll from March found that about 20% of gun owners owned 10 or more guns.

Oh, you're taking a poll?

No, I dont' own any guns...

th

Not one.

This is why I oppose gun ownership; because all it does is add to the supply of guns for thieves to steal and then use.

So the irony is that you buy a gun to protect your home from a break-in from criminals armed with guns they stole from home break-ins.

An estimated 230,000 guns per year are stolen in home burglaries and property crimes, according to a study by the Department of Justice.
And less than 90% of the time, the "law abiding, responsible gun owner" doesn't even report the gun stolen to the police.

Gun ownership isn't about personal defense or safety; it's about a sick fetish and fantasy of wanting to kill somebody.

In the time it took you to read this post, at least 1 gun was stolen from a "law abiding, responsible gun owner".

Which, if I'm not mistaken means that 99.9% are NOT stolen. That's really good!

We keep ours locked up...and are getting a nice big gun safe for our vacation home to share with our soon to be son-in-law.

That’s part of why it’s easier for a criminal to get a gun here than anywhere else in the world

Then please explain how this is possible.

London murder rate overtakes New York as knife crime rises
Alistair Smout

LONDON (Reuters) - London police investigated more murders than their New York counterparts did over the last two months, statistics show, as the British capital’s mayor vowed to fight a “violent scourge” on the streets.

London murder rate overtakes New York as knife crime rises

You do realize those numbers include businesses right?

No, it doesn't.

If you read the entire article, which you didn't, you'd know that there's an additional 25,000 guns stolen every year in commercial thefts.

But not reading thoroughly is kinda your thing, isn't it? Being a lazy, entitled nobody is what you're going for, right?

25,000 / 300,000,000 = 0.00008

When you come to recognize the real world, please come see us again!

Yes, easy availability of guns is a major problem in the US.

Not wasting my time with you assgoblin, my point has been made

You didn't make a point. You seized on the word "estimated" without knowing on what that figure is based. Then you screamed, quite comically, about "assumptions" and "biases" while not explaining or articulating how and what you mean by that.

All you did was try to gaslight, and you got caught doing it.

Plus you didn't link the study, you linked an abc news story on it that didn't link the study.

I linked to the study too, you were just too lazy to click on it. Also, you can search in Google.

Here, I'll even give you the page from the DOJ to help you get started since I know you need a handicap.

Stop using that made up media term, it makes you look stupid(er)

I did, and still doesn't mean anything.

Then you should really oppose car ownership, since cars are used in 99.999999% of every crime.....

Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop criminals who commit rape, robbery and murder....in 2016 there were 11,004 murders...can you see the difference between the numbers....

And what to you call the people whose guns are stolen? Oh, that's right, victims of crime.

And what has happened as more Americans own and carry guns...?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

We keep ours locked up...and are getting a nice big gun safe for our vacation home to share with our soon to be son-in-law.

If they know you have guns and they want them, they will get into that safe...

Yes, easy availability of guns is a major problem in the US.

No....easily available guns are used to stop 1,500,000 rapes, robberies and murders...each year according to bill clinton....

and as more Americans own and carry guns...what happened?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back