22 Year Olds Making 6 Figures in Texas Oil Fields

Im so old I remember when the worlds smartest President told us we couldn’t drill our way out of energy problems and that high paying blue collar jobs weren’t coming back.

22-year-olds are making six figures amid a West Texas oilfield boom

I have been told it’s the same where I used to work in Wyoming. Don’t know if the frac boom is still going on, but I know coal is going gang busters.
Wyoming coal companies only add five full-time jobs in 2017

http://www.wyomingworkforce.org/_docs/mines/ar/2017.pdf

Yes, the windmills and solar farms just pay decent wages. But the jobs will be there for decades. Of course you have to have some technical skills to work in those fields. An advantage, actually, because those skills can be transfered to something else if for some reason the job ends.
Energy_Jobs.png

Um, you notice the term they used is "upstream" oil and gas....

So they only take a part of the oil industry and compare it to the entire solar industry....

Why do you guys feel the need to use fudged numbers to make a point?
That chart is also three years old.

It's totally different now that the government isn't subsidizing solar and restricting drilling.

Yes, the windmills and solar farms just pay decent wages. But the jobs will be there for decades. Of course you have to have some technical skills to work in those fields. An advantage, actually, because those skills can be transfered to something else if for some reason the job ends.
Energy_Jobs.png

There are a lot of jobs in solar, but they don't produce a very large percentage of our energy needs. Oil , gas, coal, on the other hand are a lot more productive activities.

Further, Solar is Un Freaking Reliable.

They have had rolling blackout out in Solar Friendly California this year- while it oil and gas friendly jurisdictions like Texas, the air conditioning has been cold all summer long.

Like all manufacturing and mining industries, production is up but employment is down. The oil, gas, and coal companies are able to get more tonnage out of workers than ever before.

So the owners are getting richer, while the workers are diminishing in number. See post 17.

Trump knew this way back in the 90s when he gave that interview to Playboy.

Since the 80s, manufacturing has doubled while employment in manufacturing has been cut by a third. Those jobs didn't go overseas. They were made obsolete by technology.

Politicians who promise to bring back obsolete jobs are not just lying to you. They are spitting in your willfully stupid faces.

Trump is just one more huckster alligator in TH3 SWAMP™ bilking the rubes.

Coal jobs are not coming back. Trump lied to the hicks.

Dumb.
Coal is dead. And Trump has known this for a long time. He is playing the rubes like fiddles.

Check out what Trump said about coal miners in his Playboy interview way back in 1990:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?
TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

PLAYBOY: Which is?
TRUMP: “It” is an ability to become an entrepreneur, a great athlete, a great writer. You’re either born with it or you’re not. Ability can be honed, perfected or neglected. The day Jack Nicklaus came into this world, he had more innate ability to play golf than anybody else.

Trump spit right in the faces of coal miners in that interview. Trump considered coal miners to be too stupid to get another career. Trump said they don't have "it".

These dumb backward rubes have not caught on they've been hoaxed by a New York limousine liberal.

Really? Someone best tell these guys.
DA008B8E-DD75-473E-9F5A-0F23A3B7DE43.png

Because they are digging up a metric shit ton of coal on the daily.

Im so old I remember when the worlds smartest President told us we couldn’t drill our way out of energy problems and that high paying blue collar jobs weren’t coming back.

22-year-olds are making six figures amid a West Texas oilfield boom

I have been told it’s the same where I used to work in Wyoming. Don’t know if the frac boom is still going on, but I know coal is going gang busters.
Wyoming coal companies only add five full-time jobs in 2017

http://www.wyomingworkforce.org/_docs/mines/ar/2017.pdf

Like I said, best tell them guys.

Like all manufacturing and mining industries, production is up but employment is down. The oil, gas, and coal companies are able to get more tonnage out of workers than ever before.

So the owners are getting richer, while the workers are diminishing in number. See post 17.

Trump knew this way back in the 90s when he gave that interview to Playboy.

Since the 80s, manufacturing has doubled while employment in manufacturing has been cut by a third. Those jobs didn't go overseas. They were made obsolete by technology.

Politicians who promise to bring back obsolete jobs are not just lying to you. They are spitting in your willfully stupid faces.

Trump is just one more huckster alligator in TH3 SWAMP™ bilking the rubes.

The Trump Economy has been the greatest thing ever for job seekers. This is the first time in history that there are more jobs available than job seekers.

Consumer confidence at its greatest height in this millennium, black unemployment all time low.

America is definitely returning to greatness. The election in November will be whether America should continue its trip back from the depths of Obamunism and forge ahead--or whether we should choose to sink into malaise.

Its whatever people want, if the libs want America to fail again, and they can convince the people that Failure is success, the people will deserve the country they voted for.

Why do you prissy stuck up libs always make fun of blue collar workers?

Because most Progressives do not know which end of a hammer to use and call those like me to change a lightbulb for them...

Hell I know a few Conservative voters like that also and it make me wonder how many more years before Americans become truly worthless?

Nothing political about the thread; it should be here

Energy
Ya, economy has nothing to do with Trump because Americans are winning.

Dumbass.

I see you like looking in the mirror 24/7; nice.

Also, you stated: "Im so old I remember when the worlds smartest President told us we couldn’t drill our way out of energy problems and that high paying blue collar jobs weren’t coming back."

I wasn't aware Trump said that.

You mention nothing about Trump in the thread & the "economy" you mention is economic; not political.

I have some advice for you: Keep looking in that mirror 24/7.

Energy

Dumbass.

Also, you stated: "Im so old I remember when the worlds smartest President told us we couldn’t drill our way out of energy problems and that high paying blue collar jobs weren’t coming back."

You mention nothing about Trump in the thread & the "economy" you mention is economic; not political.

Dumbass.

Energy

Dumbass.

Dumbass.

I see that mirror is working wonders for you; Congrats!!

Energy

Dumbass.

Your not a very good poster. Maybe lurking is your game. One point of advice is don’t quote the floppy eared fuck and try to equate that with Trump. It’s pathetic.

Why do you prissy stuck up libs always make fun of blue collar workers?
How is telling the truth making "fun" of blue collar workers?

Energy_Jobs.png

There are a lot of jobs in solar, but they don't produce a very large percentage of our energy needs. Oil , gas, coal, on the other hand are a lot more productive activities.

They have had rolling blackout out in Solar Friendly California this year- while it oil and gas friendly jurisdictions like Texas, the air conditioning has been cold all summer long.
Rolling blackouts?

1. all the heat and people are using too many air conditioners.

2. All the fires taking down power lines

jus' sayin'

Energy_Jobs.png

Rolling blackouts?

1. all the heat and people are using too many air conditioners.

2. All the fires taking down power lines

jus' sayin'
KKKalifornia has had rolling blackouts for a decade because they’re too busy passing away money on a train to nowhere instead of building power plants.

Forum List

Back