22 Year Olds Making 6 Figures in Texas Oil Fields

Add a college degree and those workers are earning a lot more than the laborers for working in an office not sacrificing their bodies so the company heads sit doing nothing mami g record profits.

100000/(14*6*50) = $23

$23 an hour to work in exhausting heat and huge hours...

He deserves it but not huge money... He has no life while on that money...

What are you basing your math on?
Seems straight forward.

(14*6*50) That is 14 hour days, six days a week, for 50 weeks a year. That number is divided into 100k which gives you an hourly rate.

Comes out to 23.80 per hour.

KKKalifornia has had rolling blackouts for a decade because they’re too busy passing away money on a train to nowhere instead of building power plants.

For the price of the California Choo Choo- which is no longer "high speed"- based on the estimated ridership, the state could just provide limo rides for its residents between SF and LA in perpetuity and it would be less expensive
100 Billion price tag now.

The greatest thing Kasich did as Ohio governor was scratching the Cincinnati to Cleveland High Speed Rail Boondoggle that Strickland launched. This is 2018, people don't want to pay a premium to wait on a train schedule. They'd rather just get in their cars and go on their own schedule. Besides, private auto transportation takes someone door to door. Someone taking the damn choo choo has to get a ride to the Cleveland train station to make the train,, and get a ride from the Cincinnati train station after they arrive in town.

100000/(14*6*50) = $23

Seems straight forward.

(14*6*50) That is 14 hour days, six days a week, for 50 weeks a year. That number is divided into 100k which gives you an hourly rate.

That's assuming "six figures" means only $100k on the dot.

I recently posted a thread on the living conditions in these oil fields. No real houseing but bare communual quarters at ridiculous prices, eating in communual halls with no entertainment within reasonable driving distances. Impossible for families.

Sure, make lots of money if one can tolerate the conditions.

Yep, have a nephew that left college early, and has an office job making 6 figures in the oilfield.
Im so old I remember when the worlds smartest President told us we couldn’t drill our way out of energy problems and that high paying blue collar jobs weren’t coming back.

22-year-olds are making six figures amid a West Texas oilfield boom
They have been making that for awhile actually. I have a friend who is well into 6 figures working for the oil companies. He has no college education either

100000/(14*6*50) = $23

Seems straight forward.

Construction isn't for the meek. Long hours, and hot and cold conditions. But Road whores can make 100 to 130 k

Plus pef diem. Stay in cheap places.

100000/(14*6*50) = $23

Seems straight forward.

Sure, but then, you asked what kind of math that was, not if the 100k was a correct figure.

100000/(14*6*50) = $23

Seems straight forward.

Sure, but then, you asked what kind of math that was, not if the 100k was a correct figure.

Good point.

I grew up on the Oklahoma/Texas border and had friends work in the "oil patch", as they call it. Yes, the pay is big bucks. But the work is hot, dirty, long hours, and very dangerous. Worker's getting maimed or killed isn't uncommon.

It's always been a boom followed by a bust. The smart people try to save all the money they can, because when the black gold rush suddenly shuts down due to market economics. People who thought the boom would last for years, and rushed out and bought a new car and house, are suddenly jobless and facing bankruptcy.

I've seen the cycle repeated many times. .... :cool:

Except this time when the Saudi's and OPEC tried to undersell and wipe out our oil venture capital, we indeed fracked our way out of it. Now they're here trying to learn how we did it as we become the largest oil producer in the world. I have 5 leases in the Permian Basin that sat idle for years, and although the Texas Railroad Commission tried to steal them, I still got em and the fracking wave is moving west into the Permian. I also believe crude oil is a abiotic resource and I can prove it by wells thought to be exhausted are refilling. The Bakken fields were like a miracle because they kept us afloat, proved fracking could be done without eco harm, and were on private property so Obama couldn't shut them down. Now Texas is back in a BOOM with Pennsylvania, Elm Coulee in Montana, and Colorado coming online....When ANWR 1001 produces the billions of barrels they know are there in Alaska, we'll be in Fat City.

Last edited:
I also believe crude oil is a abiotic resource and I can prove it by wells thought to be exhausted are refilling.
You are the first person I know that believes like I do that crude oil is abiogenic and not the remains of ancient fossil deposits as people have been taught for years. .... :cool:

Last edited:
I also believe crude oil is a abiotic resource and I can prove it by wells thought to be exhausted are refilling.
You are the first person I know that believes like I do that crude oil is abiogenic and not the remains of ancient fossil deposits as people have been taught for years. .... :cool:

I first heard about the Russians believing their fields couldn't possibly be fossil fuel...too deep and not enough dinosaurs. What it proves is there is no "peak oil" as the eco-terrorists tried to sell us. As long as petroleum continues to be produced from ancient bacteria in the earth's crust and follows the flow lanes it always did (sans earthquakes that reroute them) we'll always have it and never run out.

I first heard about the Russians believing their fields couldn't possibly be fossil fuel...too deep and not enough dinosaurs. What it proves is there is no "peak oil" as the eco-terrorists tried to sell us. As long as petroleum continues to be produced from ancient bacteria in the earth's crust and follows the flow lanes it always did (sans earthquakes that reroute them) we'll always have it and never run out.
I remember oil wells in Oklahoma that were played out and abandoned that later started to refill with crude.

Then one day on the internet I ran across an article about Russian scientists championing the abiogenic hypotheses as the source of crude oil, not fossil deposits.

From what I've personally observed, it sure made sense to me.

Plus, I wouldn't doubt the petroleum industry knows this, but keeps it under wraps because they want the public to think oil is a finite resource in order to keep prices up. (much like natural diamonds scam) ..... :cool:

Last edited:
I remember oil wells in Oklahoma that were played out and abandoned that later started to refill with crude.

Then one day on the internet I ran across an article about Russian scientists championing the abiogenic hypotheses as the source of crude oil, not fossil deposits.

From what I've personally observed, it sure made sense to me.

Plus, I wouldn't doubt the petroleum industry knows this, but keeps it under wraps because they want the public to think oil is a finite resource in order to keep prices up. (much in the same way natural diamonds are) ..... :cool:

Of course they know....Sinclair's "Dino the Dinosaur" always cracked up my dad who was a color chemist at Dow and a Texan from Brownwood. He used to claim the only dinosaur found around an oil patch got stuck in it and died there. :lol:

Forum List

Back