Pirates

West
Dodgers
Rockies
Giants
Padres
Backs

Sawks, Twins, and Phillies will win 100+ games. :eusa_shhh:
Ahem. I have gone from a vigorous, vibrant happy young man to a middle aged curmudgeon watching my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates auger into the basement of the National League. I saw games in Forbes Field, in Three Rivers Stadium and in PNC Park. and have suffered unbelievable anguish as the team of my youth became a national joke.

And now today at the All-Star Break in 2011 my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates are not only four games over .500, but ONE game behind the division leaders the St. Louis Cardinals and the Milwaukee Brewers. Today at the All-Star Break, I can crow about THREE Pittsburgh Pirates going to the All-Star Game.

There's crow and humble pie being served in clubhouses all around the National League today courtesy of the winning Pittsburgh Pirates, arguably the feel-good story of the summer.

Yeah no kidding. And the Twins were going to win over 100 games this year too. :eusa_silenced:

AL

East
BoSox
Rays
Skanks
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central
Twins (duh, winning)
Tigers
Sox
Indians
Royals

West
A's
Rangers
Angels
Mariners

NL

East
Phillies
Braves
Marlins
Nats
Mets

Central
Pirates (lol j/k)
Reds
Cards
Brewers
Astros
Cubbies
Pirates

West
Dodgers
Rockies
Giants
Padres
Backs

Sorry I'm late everybody... This list is obviously made by a walking dodger dog who dreamt that the dodgers would be anything but sorry this year. As a Giants fan, this is the only Dodger jersey I would wear.
chapter-11-jersey-120x120.png

You really think the Giants... who got better... would finish 3rd in the NL West? How many cups of seawater do you drink a day?

When I saw Posey's leg get torn up... I enjoyed it. And yes, McCourt is a major douche, we all know this.

AL

East
BoSox
Rays
Skanks
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central
Twins (duh, winning)
Tigers
Sox
Indians
Royals

West
A's
Rangers
Angels
Mariners

NL

East
Phillies
Braves
Marlins
Nats
Mets

Central
Pirates (lol j/k)
Reds
Cards
Brewers
Astros
Cubbies
Pirates

West
Dodgers
Rockies
Giants
Padres
Backs

Sorry I'm late everybody... This list is obviously made by a walking dodger dog who dreamt that the dodgers would be anything but sorry this year. As a Giants fan, this is the only Dodger jersey I would wear.

You really think the Giants... who got better... would finish 3rd in the NL West? How many cups of seawater do you drink a day?

When I saw Posey's leg get torn up... I enjoyed it. And yes, McCourt is a major douche, we all know this.

ahh cmon man you can't be happy about somebody getting hurt unless he's a douchebag... Posey's a great kid.. I wouldn't wish physical harm on any dodgers, I just hope they lose every game.

ahh cmon man you can't be happy about somebody getting hurt unless he's a douchebag... Posey's a great kid.. I wouldn't wish physical harm on any dodgers, I just hope they lose every game.

Yeah I'm just fucking with you. :razz:

But I wasn't kidding about McCourt being a douche.

Yeah I'm just fucking with you. :razz:

But I wasn't kidding about McCourt being a douche.

LA should have a fire sale....

LA should have a fire sale....

I agree, We need some of those bats

No way you're getting past us this year.

Then it begins... Down with Philly Again! Because the harsh reality for all the other contenders is they will all fall to the Giants or the Phillies and it will be an NLCS rematch. We still got the pitching plus now you can add Vogelsong and his league leading era to the mix. So there definitely IS a way... We're used to succeeding with an anemic offense... This phillies are not used to playing low scoring one run games. And that's exactly what they'll have to do to beat the Giants.
I like our chances again.

Tell those hitters to eat their cheese steak sandwiches if they wanna hit any homers off our staff. Bullpen is as good as the starters too.

I hope we can touch this kid the Phillies got on the bump tonight. We can't touch anybody but we're good at 1 run games.
get ready for the whistles to blow louder than ever tonight in Cheesteak Stadium tonight
Tim-Lincecum-vs-Braves.jpg

I hope we can touch this kid the Phillies got on the bump tonight. We can't touch anybody but we're good at 1 run games.
get ready for the whistles to blow louder than ever tonight in Cheesteak Stadium tonight

You were saying? :D

You were saying? :D

Well, you guys were lickin yer chops to see ol 75 out there throwing batting practice. Timmy had the flu and will go either tonight or tomorrow. Hey when we lose we look bad... But we'll scratch out these next two like we always do. This is all part of the plan. Gotya right where we want ya.

Pedroia almost hits the cycle.

Pedroia extended his hitting streak to 23 games with a triple in the first inning. He later added a double and two singles along with a walk. He scored three times and drove in another.

Gotta love this pip squeak in clean up.

Worst call in Major League History as the Pirates are robbed and stripsearched last night and we all were robbed of a legitimate conclusion to last night's 19 inning marathon between the Braves and Pirates...
I want Replay and Replay Yesterday!!! The whole 9 yards all the way... right down to computerized balls and strikes.
JiMyv.jpg

Worst call in Major League History as the Pirates are robbed and stripsearched last night and we all were robbed of a legitimate conclusion to last night's 19 inning marathon between the Braves and Pirates...
I want Replay and Replay Yesterday!!! The whole 9 yards all the way... right down to computerized balls and strikes.
JiMyv.jpg

even as a braves fan that was a dispicable way of ending an amaxzing game.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Where's Paulie at!
How bout them apples! now u gotta deal wit beltran and lincecum tonight
Carlos-Beltran2.jpg

Oh, you beat Kyle Kendrick. Might as well just give you guys your updated rings right now! :lol:

hey... not our fault Bruce Bochy used your pitchers in the all star game to help avoid them this turn... smart managing I say. We can thank them later for helping us get home field if we get to the WS again...
like I said, we had you where we want you... 2 outta three wins rings.

and btw... I'll take a hundred Kendricks instead of ol Zeets.. Can't wait till Jonathan Sanchez comes back... Then 75 will finally get bumped from the rotation.

Last edited:
Where's Paulie at!
How bout them apples! now u gotta deal wit beltran and lincecum tonight
Carlos-Beltran2.jpg

Oh, you beat Kyle Kendrick. Might as well just give you guys your updated rings right now! :lol:

hey... not our fault Bruce Bochy used your pitchers in the all star game to help avoid them this turn... smart managing I say. We can thank them later for helping us get home field if we get to the WS again...

and btw... I'll take a hundred Kendricks instead of ol Zeets.. Can't wait till Jonathan Sanchez comes back... Then 75 will finally get bumped from the rotation.
I don't know man, there's been a few days off since the AS game where Manuel could shuffle the rotation around. I highly doubt anything Bochy did affected this series, but I could be wrong. I've been way too busy to follow the day to day moves this season so I'm not sure how Manuel's been handling the rotation in that regard. I do know there was one Lee start a week or so ago where he was on 6 days rest, so obviously something changed somewhere.

I don't know man, there's been a few days off since the AS game where Manuel could shuffle the rotation around. I highly doubt anything Bochy did affected this series, but I could be wrong. I've been way too busy to follow the day to day moves this season so I'm not sure how Manuel's been handling the rotation in that regard. I do know there was one Lee start a week or so ago where he was on 6 days rest, so obviously something changed somewhere.

of course, but hey, we've dealt with everybody on your roster last year and beat them, including and especially Lee who had a better offense behind him last year than this year's and last year's Phillies.

The one thing that's positive about our offense is they don't know who is pitching to them, whether it's Roy Halladay or Joe Nobody... We scratch out 3-4 runs and beat that pitcher or when we lose we get shutout and lose by 5 or more runs. It's just our M.O. Win the close ones and forget about the blowouts....
Gotta love that ridiculous team era of 3.06... The starters have been awesome but the bullpen has been even better.... 0.56 era since the all star break:eek:

of course, but hey, we've dealt with everybody on your roster last year and beat them, including and especially Lee who had a better offense behind him last year than this year's and last year's Phillies.

The one thing that's positive about our offense is they don't know who is pitching to them, whether it's Roy Halladay or Joe Nobody... We scratch out 3-4 runs and beat that pitcher or when we lose we get shutout and lose by 5 or more runs. It's just our M.O. Win the close ones and forget about the blowouts....
Gotta love that ridiculous team era of 3.06... The starters have been awesome but the bullpen has been even better.... 0.56 era since the all star break:eek:

We don't have any Joe Nobodys in our rotation. Oswalt is back on Sunday, and that makes Vance Worley our #5. He's only 7-1 with a 2.33 ERA.

Cain and Linc aren't at their best this season and you guys will be lucky to make the playoffs. You got Arizona right on your ass and have to race Atl if you want the WC. You guys really aren't that good this season and I'm just being brutally honest.

1-0 so far for the series :D

Forum List

Back