2011 Baseball

So my Phils are kinda alright this season :D

Yup Brad Lidge is out til the break so it's a typical year thus far.

But seriously your rotation makes mine look like store brand creamed corn. Well except for Lester, who isn't as good as Halladay now but is the best guy to have over the next 5-8 years out of both staffs, IMO.

So my Phils are kinda alright this season :D

Yup Brad Lidge is out til the break so it's a typical year thus far.

But seriously your rotation makes mine look like store brand creamed corn. Well except for Lester, who isn't as good as Halladay now but is the best guy to have over the next 5-8 years out of both staffs, IMO.

With the run support we're getting minus Utley and what we got out of Werth, and the sub 3 ERA of our Big 4 (I think it's still sub 3, i haven't checked in a few days) I don't think we need Lidge all that much. Plus Contreras isn't the worst replacement in the world.

But yeah Halladay will be past his prime while Lester is peaking.

I can't believe that Josh Beckett struck out 10 Yankees in 8 two-hit shutout innings last night. Yes, the Josh Beckett on the Red Sox.

Guy was a beast last night. 14 straight I think?

Really that's what the Sox are supposed to look like. Everything was clicking. Only criticism is I think Beckett should have been allowed to go for the CG.

If Dice-K Continues To Struggle, Red Sox Could Call On Old Friend Pedro Martinez - Over the Monster

While many fans such as myself have refrained from pushing the big red panic button, I couldn't resist pushing the smaller one that said "Dice-K Is Done" after Monday's performance. While I'm more skeptical than anyone on his trade value or Theo's ability to just cut ties with him, something needs to happen.

The only problem in the instance is that the Red Sox just don't have a guy that could fill that spot in the rotation.

One could argue that a guy like Alfredo Aceves, who has a great track record as a pitcher could be converted into a starter, as the Red Sox have attempted to do over the past month. I propose a better option that hardly anyone is talking about: former Red Sox pitcher and three-time Cy Young Award winner Pedro Martinez.

In a recent interview, Martinez told the New York Times that he is preparing to make yet another comeback after taking last year off. Pedro reiterated that it would take him about a month to get in game shape if a team came calling. In that interview, Martinez was asked which teams he would prefer to return to the league with:

"I’d probably have to say the Red Sox. I would like to win a World Series in the National League, so the Phillies are in there, too. But for the time I’m going to be playing, I think Boston is more suitable so that I can retire with the Boston Red Sox and go to the Hall of Fame with the same hat."​

:eusa_think:

How about them Red Sux?

Hmmm...

Well after an 0-6 start thankfully the Yankees came into town and the Sox immediately found their winning ways taking two of three from them including a game in which a once thought dead Josh Beckett thoroughly owned their asses. They are above .500 since that series started and riding a three game winning streak.....this with Gonzalez and Crawford struggling during that stretch.

Fuggin' Dice-K went seven innings of one-hit, one-walk ball last night.

Things are fine and getting better.

You were saying?

Last edited:
As a braves fan born in california (don't ask me I don't know) I was pretty happy with our pummeling of the giants and padres this week. God help us if we can ever stay on par with the phillies fab four though. Our lineup could be really dangerous if uggla heats up and chipper stays hot,,,,,

I find myself wondering what would have happened if brooks conrad didn't play in the series against the giants last year. COMON 8 Errors! Holy shit, can't believe he is still on the team.

heres a pic, 6 rows off home plate watchin the bravos murder the padres.

Attachments

• $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 58
Here comes the inning ending triple play.

Man I've been spooked all the way back to pre-2004 thinking.

I have a feeling we'll be laughing about this by September! :eusa_pray:

Or by June even! :lol:

With the win, the Red Sox moved back into sole possession of first place in the American League East, taking a one-game lead over their rivals.

Boston can thank its success against the Bronx Bombers as a pivotal reason for being in first place. The Sox are 7-1 against the Yankees on the season and have taken the last six, five of which have come on Bronx turf.

"If you don't play well, they're going to beat you," Jeter said. "They've outplayed us every time we've played them so far. They have a good team, that's the bottom line. They can hit, they can pitch, they do a little bit of everything. If you don't play well, they're going to beat you, and that's been the case the last couple times."

MLB.com Gameday | redsox.com: Gameday

Oh yeah, there was a baseball game last night too... :lol:

Terry Francona may not be much of a hockey fan, but he is a realist. And so, a few hours before the Red Sox [team stats] faced the Tampa Bay Rays last night, the manager asked what even he knew was a rhetorical question.

“Think anybody will be watching our game?” he said.

Let’s just say DVRs across New England likely were set to the Red Sox telecast, in which case they captured a nearly historical gem from Josh Beckett [stats].

While Bruins goalie Tim Thomas was blanking the Vancouver Canucks in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals, Beckett one-hit the Rays, retiring the final 19 batters in a 3-0 shutout at Tropicana Field.

Josh Beckett cool as ice - BostonHerald.com

:clap2:

AL

East
BoSox
Rays
Skanks
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central
Twins (duh, winning)
Tigers
Sox
Indians
Royals

West
A's
Rangers
Angels
Mariners

NL

East
Phillies
Braves
Marlins
Nats
Mets

Central
Pirates (lol j/k)
Reds
Cards
Brewers
Astros
Cubbies
Pirates

West
Dodgers
Rockies
Giants
Padres
Backs

Sawks, Twins, and Phillies will win 100+ games. :eusa_shhh:

Sorry I'm late everybody... This list is obviously made by a walking dodger dog who dreamt that the dodgers would be anything but sorry this year. As a Giants fan, this is the only Dodger jersey I would wear.
chapter-11-jersey-120x120.png

You really think the Giants... who got better... would finish 3rd in the NL West? How many cups of seawater do you drink a day?

As a Pirates fan, I've finally given up on caring about baseball. I grew up loving and playing the game, but between the ineptitude of the team's management and the general state of the economics of the game, it's just not as interesting anymore. Basically, they may as well make it about a 14-team league and turn the rest into their minor league systems.

This euphoria in Pittsburg just may tide you over for the next 18 years of missing the playoffs. I truly wish better for Los Piratas.

Forum List

Back