Barry Bonds Steroid Trial begins

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Bonds trial begins, putting steroid era back in spotlight - USATODAY.com

On April 8, the San Francisco Giants will unfurl the banner from their first World Series championship since moving to the West Coast in 1958, a title celebrated both for the long drought it ended and for the everyman quality of most of the players who delivered it.

Less than two miles away, the team's biggest star of the past 40 years — and baseball's all-time home run king — likely will be fighting for his freedom.

Barry Bonds' trial on four charges of perjury and one of obstruction of justice is scheduled to begin today (8:30 a.m. PT) in San Francisco with jury selection and could last three to four weeks, bumping into the March 31 start of the season.

Bonds' trial has the makings of a compelling affair, with testimony expected from current and former players such as Jason Giambi and Benito Santiago, his ex-girlfriend Kimberly Bell — who is expected to talk about his sexual dysfunction and fits of rage, both linked to steroid use — in addition to a secretly taped recording of his trainer, Greg Anderson, describing how he injected Bonds with steroids.

Last edited:

Question 1:
A.G.: "Mr. Bonds, how did your head increase 4x it's original size in one summer, when heads don't increase in size?"
Bonds: "Shit man, I'm Barry Bonds, you ever seen the since of my ego, your lucky my head only increased 4x its original size!"

Question 2:
A.G.: "Mr. Bonds, how did you go from a skinny lead-off hitting player with great power, to the most muscular man in baseball with god-like power in one summer?"
Bonds: "It was a combo of hard-work, dedication and steroids! Opps I meant just hard-work and dedication, scratch that steroid part!"

I say toss them all out, Big Mac, Sosa, Giambi, Clemens, ARoid, Bagwell etc.

Then give higher pros to obvious guys that did it right: Pedro, Frank Thomas, Griffey, Jeter, Maddux, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, etc!

Question 1:
A.G.: "Mr. Bonds, how did your head increase 4x it's original size in one summer, when heads don't increase in size?"
Bonds: "Shit man, I'm Barry Bonds, you ever seen the since of my ego, your lucky my head only increased 4x its original size!"

Question 2:
A.G.: "Mr. Bonds, how did you go from a skinny lead-off hitting player with great power, to the most muscular man in baseball with god-like power in one summer?"
Bonds: "It was a combo of hard-work, dedication and steroids! Opps I meant just hard-work and dedication, scratch that steroid part!"

Then give higher pros to obvious guys that did it right: Pedro, Frank Thomas, Griffey, Jeter, Maddux, Randy Johnson, Chipper Jones, etc!

As much as I dislike Bonds, I place the blame..

1. The League/Owners
2. The Press
3. The Players

Just watch,he'll be found innocent.It'll be another O.J simpson thing where he gets favorable treatment.

Bonds trial begins, putting steroid era back in spotlight - USATODAY.com

On April 8, the San Francisco Giants will unfurl the banner from their first World Series championship since moving to the West Coast in 1958, a title celebrated both for the long drought it ended and for the everyman quality of most of the players who delivered it.

Less than two miles away, the team's biggest star of the past 40 years — and baseball's all-time home run king — likely will be fighting for his freedom.

Barry Bonds' trial on four charges of perjury and one of obstruction of justice is scheduled to begin today (8:30 a.m. PT) in San Francisco with jury selection and could last three to four weeks, bumping into the March 31 start of the season.

Bonds' trial has the makings of a compelling affair, with testimony expected from current and former players such as Jason Giambi and Benito Santiago, his ex-girlfriend Kimberly Bell — who is expected to talk about his sexual dysfunction and fits of rage, both linked to steroid use — in addition to a secretly taped recording of his trainer, Greg Anderson, describing how he injected Bonds with steroids.

Its telling how they did it after he left.

(1) Owners - For not pushing for strict drug testing. They liked the power surge it was great for ratings!
(2) Players Union - Whenever the owners and minority players pushed for strong drug testing they pushed back and made outrageous demands (like all unions do when you ask them to give up something) for it.
(3) Players - In the end they took the drugs and they knew what they were doing. Many were forced to do it to keep up.
(4) Media - The long ball became the moneyball, because of the media. Not enough reporting on it.

Question 1:

Question 2:

As much as I dislike Bonds, I place the blame..

1. The League/Owners
2. The Press
3. The Players

I remember all the stories about a "Juiced Baseball" during the Maguire/Sosa HR derby. The press would send reporters to Costa Rica to watch old ladies stitch baseballs. The reporter would claim...they are stitching them tighter..."Juicing the baseball"
Nobody investigated whether the players were juiced

Owners, managers and scouts notice every nuance that changes in a player. They look at a slight variation in his swing, a change in a pitchers release point....everything is studied
But they didn't notice a guys cap size increasing two sizes or a 35 year old with acne

I remember all the stories about a "Juiced Baseball" during the Maguire/Sosa HR derby. The press would send reporters to Costa Rica to watch old ladies stitch baseballs. The reporter would claim...they are stitching them tighter..."Juicing the baseball"
Nobody investigated whether the players were juiced

Owners, managers and scouts notice every nuance that changes in a player. They look at a slight variation in his swing, a change in a pitchers release point....everything is studied
But they didn't notice a guys cap size increasing two sizes or a 35 year old with acne

Yea but they also protected Big Mac and Choka then also!

Forum List

Back