2011 Baseball

Unfortunately baseball is quickly losing its popularity especially as the older generations die off. It is too slow and maybe too intellectual for todays kids. Children particpipation is declining rapidly. They now play soccer for some reason. I like baseball but the sport will gradually sink into obscurity in the next 20 or 30 years unless some drastic changes are made.

nehh... not true... It'll always be around.

Best record in baseball.

Only undefeated team.

These are not the old Texas Rangers.

The Rangers have a beastly lineup.

Here's to Kinsler, Hamilton, and Cruz staying healthy..........

The Rangers will come out of the weak west but they'll get smoked by whoever comes out of the East cuz they don't pitch. Mark my words... You will all call me prophet by the end.

So I was really looking forward to seeing what having Ellsbury and Crawford on the corners was like but they weren't there long enough...

Who saw Crawford being such a stiff? Why do guys always suck eggs right after they sign a big contract?

So my Phils are kinda alright this season :D

Yeah we'll see you in the NLCS again... This time I'm not as confident because of all our injuries. Offense is worse than 2009. At least the Panda is raking again.
396d37e269b8e8c7a5d2f97acd050f3d.jpg

Last edited:
Indians are 12-4!!! I was hoping they'd have an OK season, but I never expected them to start off so hot.

Here's hoping they sweep the Royals...

Indians will come out of the Central... this was awesome.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWAX9MHFJ_8]YouTube - ‪Travis Hafner Walk Off Grand Slam (7-7-2011)‬‏[/ame]

coolest moment of the year in 2011.

As a braves fan born in california (don't ask me I don't know) I was pretty happy with our pummeling of the giants and padres this week. God help us if we can ever stay on par with the phillies fab four though. Our lineup could be really dangerous if uggla heats up and chipper stays hot,,,,,

I find myself wondering what would have happened if brooks conrad didn't play in the series against the giants last year. COMON 8 Errors! Holy shit, can't believe he is still on the team.

Give your kid a break... Brooks is a solid player who had a bad moment. Blame the rest of your offense for not being interested in scoring a run against our pitching last year. You all might have won 1 more game... maybe. but last year nothing scored against Los Gigantes.

Last edited:
So I was really looking forward to seeing what having Ellsbury and Crawford on the corners was like but they weren't there long enough...

Who saw Crawford being such a stiff? Why do guys always suck eggs right after they sign a big contract?

:lol:

Don't let Zito traumatize you. Crawford will straighten things out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Crawford's shelf life matches his contract and we'll end up choking on that deal in the end. Carl will likely be run out of town as well.

The annoying thing in the now is that no matter what the lineup will always be some kind of an issue so long as he an Ellsbury are in it together.

Home Run Derby Results in Advance:

Prince Fielder wins, 12 homers the first round, 13 the next round 8 the final round. I expect cash for this

AL

East
BoSox
Rays
Skanks
Blue Jays
Orioles

Central
Twins (duh, winning)
Tigers
Sox
Indians
Royals

West
A's
Rangers
Angels
Mariners

NL

East
Phillies
Braves
Marlins
Nats
Mets

Central
Pirates (lol j/k)Reds
Cards
Brewers
Astros
Cubbies
Pirates

West
Dodgers
Rockies
Giants
Padres
Backs

Sawks, Twins, and Phillies will win 100+ games. :eusa_shhh:
Ahem. I have gone from a vigorous, vibrant happy young man to a middle aged curmudgeon watching my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates auger into the basement of the National League. I saw games in Forbes Field, in Three Rivers Stadium and in PNC Park. and have suffered unbelievable anguish as the team of my youth became a national joke.

And now today at the All-Star Break in 2011 my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates are not only four games over .500, but ONE game behind the division leaders the St. Louis Cardinals and the Milwaukee Brewers. Today at the All-Star Break, I can crow about THREE Pittsburgh Pirates going to the All-Star Game.

There's crow and humble pie being served in clubhouses all around the National League today courtesy of the winning Pittsburgh Pirates, arguably the feel-good story of the summer.

I'm sure no one ever had a better game in which they collected their 3000th. 5 for 5, hr, 2b, 2 runs 2 rbi and a steal.

I don't know why I don't like Jeter but that's impressive.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92-K7CGJjPw]YouTube - ‪Derek Jeter Gets His 3000 Career Hit‬‏[/ame]

I don't know why anybody wouldn't like Jeter. Class act all the way. His mom and dad did something remarkably well in raising that kid.

I was AT Yankee Stadium on Saturday. A Father's Day gift that morphed into a SPECTACULAR present for the entire Liability clan.

The only thing better would have been hitting for the cycle (improbable given that he needed the triple to complete it, but on that day anything was possible).

oh, and ending the 1st half in First place AHEAD of the hideous Botox would also have been an improvement.

But still, not a bad way to send out the 1st half of the 2011 season.

There's crow and humble pie being served in clubhouses all around the National League today courtesy of the winning Pittsburgh Pirates, arguably the feel-good story of the summer.

Its always great to see a small payroll team make good....... The Rays have done it, the Marlins, maybe the Pirates can get it done.
After 18 straight losing seasons, I would hope there's a way to play better than .500 ball just once.

Its always great to see a small payroll team make good....... The Rays have done it, the Marlins, maybe the Pirates can get it done.
After 18 straight losing seasons, I would hope there's a way to play better than .500 ball just once.

That Park is sensational though. I shouldn't be too hard to get players to want to play/stay there. Second only in beauty to the Giants home and a very close second at that.
pnkpark.jpg

att-park-san-francisco-giants1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back