2011 Baseball

How about dan uggla, dood has really turned it around. As for the playoffs, at this rate it looks like the giants might be outside looking in. Still alot of bball left but when u cant score more than three runs a game its trouble.

As for me, even as a braves fan, i have to say the phillies are the it team this year. Stud pitching and a lineup that can easily hit ten runs a game. We will see, any team can run hot or cold come late september and thats when it matters most.

10 runs A game or 10 runs IN a game? nobody's 10 runs per game good. Don't worry about the Giants.. I would worry if they are 2 games back by mid september, but the D-bags gotta go play a tough schedule from here out. We have sub 500 opponents the rest of the way after Atlanta. Now we get to play the Astros 7 games after Atlanta. D-bags got healthy off them. Enjoy Philadelphia snakes.

and yes, it's too bad Uggla's streak came to an end. He really needed that streak. He was an abomination before that.

I'd like to see a real average hitter like Ichiro make a run at DiMaggio. At least a run at Rose's mark of 44.

Last edited:
How about dan uggla, dood has really turned it around. As for the playoffs, at this rate it looks like the giants might be outside looking in. Still alot of bball left but when u cant score more than three runs a game its trouble.

As for me, even as a braves fan, i have to say the phillies are the it team this year. Stud pitching and a lineup that can easily hit ten runs a game. We will see, any team can run hot or cold come late september and thats when it matters most.

10 runs A game or 10 runs IN a game? nobody's 10 runs per game good. Don't worry about the Giants.. I would worry if they are 2 games back by mid september, but the D-bags gotta go play a tough schedule from here out. We have sub 500 opponents the rest of the way after Atlanta. Now we get to play the Astros 7 games after Atlanta. D-bags got healthy off them. Enjoy Philadelphia snakes.

and yes, it's too bad Uggla's streak came to an end. He really needed that streak. He was an abomination before that.

I'd like to see a real average hitter like Ichiro make a run at DiMaggio. At least a run at Rose's mark of 44.

Definately meant ten runs IN a single game. But the giants they really are last in the NL with 3.4 I believe average runs a game. I agree, the d-bags need to step up to make this any sort of run at the division. As for the giants, unless beltran propels them to the playoffs, (hard to do on the dl, but we will see in sept) they lost their best pitching prospect for a rent-a-player, and if they don't make the playoffs and beltran walks to another team, well than that deal will be a complete bust. I really like how the braves got bourne and didn't really give up anything, and it really really improved our overall game as a team.

Definately meant ten runs IN a single game. But the giants they really are last in the NL with 3.4 I believe average runs a game. I agree, the d-bags need to step up to make this any sort of run at the division. As for the giants, unless beltran propels them to the playoffs, (hard to do on the dl, but we will see in sept) they lost their best pitching prospect for a rent-a-player, and if they don't make the playoffs and beltran walks to another team, well than that deal will be a complete bust. I really like how the braves got bourne and didn't really give up anything, and it really really improved our overall game as a team.

Somehow the Giants survive a 4-6 road trip and pick up a game on the D-bags who went into Atlanta and got pwned by the Braves in a sweeping fashion. Thanks Bravos.
Injury Depleted Giants return home in desperate need of offense and the return of Beltran. Much needed day off today.

Somehow the Giants survive a 4-6 road trip and pick up a game on the D-bags who went into Atlanta and got pwned by the Braves in a sweeping fashion. Thanks Bravos.
Injury Depleted Giants return home in desperate need of offense and the return of Beltran. Much needed day off today.

You've got one tough battle ahead of you defending that title :thup:

Arizona loses 6th straight. Giants gain ground on a day off. 1 back in the west. Next 12 games against losing teams. Beltran coming back by Friday.

Paulie wanna reconsider your statement about the Brewers not having a shot? They look pretty darn good right now.

Arizona loses 6th straight. Giants gain ground on a day off. 1 back in the west. Next 12 games against losing teams. Beltran coming back by Friday.

Paulie wanna reconsider your statement about the Brewers not having a shot? They look pretty darn good right now.

I meant no shot in the playoffs, because their pitching will not get them past Phi or SF.

man I was watching lincecum against the cubs last night, I was with 2 giants fans and we had to turn it off. Man their offense sucks off goats.

its a miserable time right now in the city by the bay. New season low after Randy Frickin Wells throws a three hit shutout against the Giants. Randy Wells and his 5 plus era has never thrown a shutout at any level of his professional baseball career? Time to jump off the Golden Gate?

I guess I'll check in here as a long-time Phillies fan. I feel like at this point that's like admitting you're a Yankees fan, but I do get caught by surprise when I see Phillies hate. I'm still not used to the idea that this is no longer the team that trades away Curt Schilling.

Go RedSox...or Rockies!!

Sorry, haven't the time to read through all 8000 pages of this thread ;)

I guess I'll check in here as a long-time Phillies fan. I feel like at this point that's like admitting you're a Yankees fan, but I do get caught by surprise when I see Phillies hate. I'm still not used to the idea that this is no longer the team that trades away Curt Schilling.

Yanks in 5 over Philly

Forum List

Back