2009 NLCS Thread

Who will win the 2009 NLCS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Paulie, all righteousness rests on the Dodger blue. BBD, the Phillies are the root cause of all evil.:eusa_angel: However, in this series, evil may triumph over righteousness. I think the Phillies really can sweep all three at home.

Last edited:
Paulie, all righteousness rests on the Dodger blue. BBD, the Phillies are the root cause of all evil.:eusa_angel: However, in this series, evil may triumph over righteousness. I think the Phillies really can sweep all three at home.

No way. This is not going to end in Philly. These two teams are very evenly matched, the dodgers are going to win at least one (if not two) games in Philly - it's going to be a six or seven game series with the BLUE CREW on top!!

Bullshit.

Clueless Joe would use 8 pitchers, i have seen him do it.

Really? can you prove it?
Go look at the box scores of the 12 years he managed the Yankees, or the ones from his Mets. Crads and Braves days.

I'm just bustin' your chops! I could care less what he did in the past. He's done a great job with the Dodgers...so far.

5 pitchers in one inning seems a little heavy handed, by any coach - whether you love or hate him. :beer:

Really? can you prove it?
Go look at the box scores of the 12 years he managed the Yankees, or the ones from his Mets. Crads and Braves days.

I'm just bustin' your chops! I could care less what he did in the past. He's done a great job with the Dodgers...so far.

5 pitchers in one inning seems a little heavy handed, by any coach - whether you love or hate him. :beer:

I'm 99.999% positive he changed at least 4 pitchers in an inning during last year's NLCS.

I don't have a problem with getting the matchup you want that makes the most sense based on numbers.

I'd have kept Pedro in though, which would negate this whole debate about multiple pitching changes.

Nothing beats Lou Pinella though...that guy will change pitchers in the middle of a count! :lol:

Dodgers will bounce back in game 4 and win.

With Randy what's his name?

Please. That guy's been given more chances to prove himself through his adversity than Correll Buckhalter was by the Eagles.

We know him well as a former Phil, and we've just got that swaaaaaaaaaaaag going right now, baby!

You lose tonight, and it's over.

Dodgers got a chance against Blanchard. Let's see if Wolf can hold it tonight. "Randy Wolf, another former Phillie, took a demotion to make this start after getting the Game 1 nod in the first round against the Cardinals. On a generally short leash during the regular season, even though he led the club in innings pitched, Wolf got yanked from his first career postseason appearance after allowing only two runs in a shaky 3 2/3 innings. That said, he went 6-1 down the stretch and held opposing left-handed hitters to an average of .159, which should serve him well against a Phillies lineup loaded with lefties. On the other hand, Wolf was 1-1 with a 5.11 ERA against Philadelphia this year and is 9-7 with a 4.30 ERA at Citizens Bank Park, although most of those starts had the Phillies lineup supporting him, not facing him. His 2.78 road ERA was fifth in the league." LA Dodgers vs. Philadelphia - October 19, 2009 | MLB.com: Gameday

Please. That guy's been given more chances to prove himself through his adversity than Correll Buckhalter was by the Eagles.

We know him well as a former Phil, and we've just got that swaaaaaaaaaaaag going right now, baby!

Really? When did they change to a 5 game series??

You know what I meant :D

If (when) the Dodgers win tomorrow, the series moves back to LA. It ain't over till it's over!! last night was a real heartbreaker for Dodger fans. Still, it's Great baseball!!!

If (when) the Dodgers win tomorrow, the series moves back to LA. It ain't over till it's over!! last night was a real heartbreaker for Dodger fans. Still, it's Great baseball!!!

Worst part was I zonked out after Broxton closed out the top of the 8th.

I woke up swearing that I remembering that we lost, and the girl was like 'are you sure?"

So I checked the VZW sports link on the blackberry, and sure enough we won.

I love how he walked Stairs, too. He feared the footsteps :lol:

That's not exactly a good sign, brotha. :D

I woke up swearing that I remembering that we lost, and the girl was like 'are you sure?"

don't rub it in until the fat lady sings!!! Fate can be a cruel mistress..... :)

don't rub it in until the fat lady sings!!! Fate can be a cruel mistress..... :)

Hey are in you LA?

There's a sports bar there (I forget what it's called) but it's totally dedicated to Philly sports. It's where all the philly fans hang out this time of year.

Test your manhood and roll in sporting a Manny jersey :lol:

Forum List

Back