1913 Seeds of Conflict finally aired yesterday on PBS

I watched the film again last night and it is uncanny how so many of the sources used by the director are the same ones I've (and other like-minded posters) been using here. Especially the information from Ottoman archives which revealed that the Zionists were the first to attack and kill. The film re-iterates that fact. It also uses the writings of Ahad Ha'am, which reveals the Zionist mistreatment of the locals. Something I have posted here. And finally, it leaves no doubt that the Zionists were engaged in a colonial project, something I have always maintained. Also, the crazy notions from the to most ridiculous posters about the treatment of Jews by the Muslims and Christians in Palestine were shown to be propaganda as the film shows the Christian, Jewish and Muslims Arabs co-existed in peace before the arrival of the Europeans

I (and other posters that have done the research) have been called a propagandists and liars by nearly all the maniacal Zionists posting here for our claims regarding pre-mandate Palestine, which were always backed up with source documentation, and now this documentary comes out and vindicates us. It also shows who the propagandists and liars were, those promulgating the Zionist myth. You know who you are. From now on I will simply answer "1913" when any of you disgusting propagandists and liars project your own characteristics on me or others who tell the truth.

Ah I see, so the film completely ignored the Nazi Mufti of Palestine, his influence and incitement to kill Jews and Christians, not only in the holy land, but all over the Middle East. In other words, it's propaganda piece.

Hitler s Mufti Catholic Answers

Recent work by historians and apologists has revealed that an influential, international religious leader was also an ardent supporter of Adolf Hitler. His name was not Pope Pius XII but Hajj Amin al-Husseini. This Grand Mufti of Jerusalem recruited whole divisions of fanatics to fight and kill in the name of extremism.

Revered in some circles today as one of the fathers of modern radical Islam, al-Husseini has been the subject of a number of modern studies. Scholars such as David Dalin, John Rothmann, Chuck Morse, and others have courageously brought al-Husseini’s actions to light. "Hitler’s Mufti," as many have called him, had a direct hand in some of the darkest moments of the Holocaust, the slaughter of tens of thousands of Christians, and the formation of some of the most hate-filled generations of modern history. Al-Husseini is a testament to the way that evil finds evil.

This was described by Al-Husseini in his own memoirs:

Our fundamental condition for cooperating with Germany was a free hand to eradicate every last Jew from Palestine and the Arab world. I asked Hitler for an explicit undertaking to allow us to solve the Jewish people in a manner befitting our national and racial aspirations and according to the scientific methods innovated by Germany in the handling of its Jews. The answer I got was: "The Jews are yours." (Ami Isseroff and Peter FitzGerald-Morris, "The Iraq Coup Attempt of 1941, the Mufti, and the Farhud")

Bullshit. You have consistently posted bullshit the whole time you have been posting. Nothing you post is true. You are a propagandist, that's all. Watch it and weep.

Video Full Episode Watch 1913 Seeds of Conflict Online PBS Video

Nah, I'll take what this Catholic website that quotes actual historians says about the "seeds of the conflict". How funny the douchebag that made this worthless film totally omitted a central figure, the Nazi Mufti of Palestine. Read it and weep:

Al-Husseini took the chance given to him by the appeasement-minded British to call for the deaths of Jews and set out on a campaign of terror against the Jews in Palestine. In subsequent years, al-Husseini was involved in plots to massacre Jews, among them 60 Jewish immigrants in Hebron and 45 more in Safad in 1929. In 1936, he helped lead a rebellion in Palestine against the British. The following year the British condemned al-Husseini (though permitting him to retain the title of Grand Mufti), and he fled to Syria once more. From there he continued to plot against the British control over Palestine.

Catholic Answers, really . Hey the British were pals with the Ottomans as well, and so what the British used Muslims and Jews in their armies, and Hitler even had Jews in his.

What's bullshit is the guy who made that film totally omitted who the Nazi Mufti of Palestine was. It's a worthless pile of dung, except maybe if you want to see some old photos of the Jewish holy land.

Thread has been cleaned of no-content flaming - please discuss the topic, not each other's nefarious activities. This is the only warning you'll get.
Also - there is no need to repeatedly post the link - folks have it now and spamming it across the threads is...spam.

Thank you :)

At least read one of the many reviews. Not one of the reviews questions the veracity of the documentary. Because the director and the historians that participated in making the film, have everything documents with source documents. Just as I have always done.

Here is a review:

1913: Seeds of Conflict' looks at the invasion of European Jews to Palestine

"Before 1913, Jerusalem was once a place where a man such as Christian musician Wasif Jawhariyyeh could have a band that included Jews and Muslims and entertain people of all three religions.
When people like Russian Jew Eliyahu Zeˋev Levin-Epstein come to Palestine, they founded colonies. Levin-Epstein was the leader of the 1890 Rehovot Colony which had a conflict with the Bedouin tribe."

1913 Seeds of Conflict looks at the invasion of European Jews to Palestine - National Video on Demand Examiner.com

Yeah, that was the case in Muslim countries under Ottoman rule you dipshit. Why is that a surprise to you, that Jews and Muslims who were Ottoman subjects had to live with each other?! Damn what an ignorant dumbfuck you are, and so is the guy who made that film. Ha ha ha.

American Jewish organizations have reviewed the film and praised its honesty. Ruddy is going to explode.

Top of the morning, Monte no. 1 aka Achmed just clocked in. He'll probably post for 12 hours straight without eating or shitting from the mosque basement until Monte no. 2 aka Mohammad clocks in for the after noon shift. They're taking applications for someone to do the graveyard shift. Yesterday the screen name Monte posted a record straight 20 hours. Ha ha ha.

Found to be a pathological liar about anything to do with Palestine/Israel after the PBS airing of 1913 Seeds of Conflict, Ruddy is reduced to lying about other posters and their posting activity. Well, that's an improvement, we can now just post "1913" when he posts his fairy tales about pre-Mandate Palestine and his claim about the millions of Jews that were already there when the European invasion began.

1913 Seeds of Conflict looks at the invasion of European Jews to Palestine - National Video on Demand Examiner.com

Wrong again, never claimed "millions" you lying asshole. A Hollywood film maker is not the final authority on whether the Jews were continually going back for 2000 years, especially during the Ottoman Empire starting in the 1500's which eventually led to a Jewish majority in Jerusalem in the 1800's. I bet that little tidbit was left out of the Hollywood fiction they called "documentary" as well.

Can you see how hard I'm weeping? Yeah I am, for you, because you just embrassed yourself yet again. DUMBASS. Ha ha ha.

At least read one of the many reviews. Not one of the reviews questions the veracity of the documentary. Because the director and the historians that participated in making the film, have everything documents with source documents. Just as I have always done.

Here is a review:

1913: Seeds of Conflict' looks at the invasion of European Jews to Palestine

"Before 1913, Jerusalem was once a place where a man such as Christian musician Wasif Jawhariyyeh could have a band that included Jews and Muslims and entertain people of all three religions.
When people like Russian Jew Eliyahu Zeˋev Levin-Epstein come to Palestine, they founded colonies. Levin-Epstein was the leader of the 1890 Rehovot Colony which had a conflict with the Bedouin tribe."

Yeah, that was the case in Muslim countries under Ottoman rule you dipshit. Why is that a surprise to you, that Jews and Muslims who were Ottoman subjects had to live with each other?! Damn what an ignorant dumbfuck you are, and so is the guy who made that film. Ha ha ha.

American Jewish organizations have reviewed the film and praised its honesty. Ruddy is going to explode.

Yeah, there are leftist morons even in Israel that I'm sure will praise the film. I am so exploding. Ha ha ha.

I watched the film again last night and it is uncanny how so many of the sources used by the director are the same ones I've (and other like-minded posters) been using here. Especially the information from Ottoman archives which revealed that the Zionists were the first to attack and kill. The film re-iterates that fact. It also uses the writings of Ahad Ha'am, which reveals the Zionist mistreatment of the locals. Something I have posted here. And finally, it leaves no doubt that the Zionists were engaged in a colonial project, something I have always maintained. Also, the crazy notions from the to most ridiculous posters about the treatment of Jews by the Muslims and Christians in Palestine were shown to be propaganda as the film shows the Christian, Jewish and Muslims Arabs co-existed in peace before the arrival of the Europeans

I (and other posters that have done the research) have been called a propagandists and liars by nearly all the maniacal Zionists posting here for our claims regarding pre-mandate Palestine, which were always backed up with source documentation, and now this documentary comes out and vindicates us. It also shows who the propagandists and liars were, those promulgating the Zionist myth. You know who you are. From now on I will simply answer "1913" when any of you disgusting propagandists and liars project your own characteristics on me or others who tell the truth.

Ah I see, so the film completely ignored the Nazi Mufti of Palestine, his influence and incitement to kill Jews and Christians, not only in the holy land, but all over the Middle East. In other words, it's propaganda piece.

Recent work by historians and apologists has revealed that an influential, international religious leader was also an ardent supporter of Adolf Hitler. His name was not Pope Pius XII but Hajj Amin al-Husseini. This Grand Mufti of Jerusalem recruited whole divisions of fanatics to fight and kill in the name of extremism.

Revered in some circles today as one of the fathers of modern radical Islam, al-Husseini has been the subject of a number of modern studies. Scholars such as David Dalin, John Rothmann, Chuck Morse, and others have courageously brought al-Husseini’s actions to light. "Hitler’s Mufti," as many have called him, had a direct hand in some of the darkest moments of the Holocaust, the slaughter of tens of thousands of Christians, and the formation of some of the most hate-filled generations of modern history. Al-Husseini is a testament to the way that evil finds evil.

Our fundamental condition for cooperating with Germany was a free hand to eradicate every last Jew from Palestine and the Arab world. I asked Hitler for an explicit undertaking to allow us to solve the Jewish people in a manner befitting our national and racial aspirations and according to the scientific methods innovated by Germany in the handling of its Jews. The answer I got was: "The Jews are yours." (Ami Isseroff and Peter FitzGerald-Morris, "The Iraq Coup Attempt of 1941, the Mufti, and the Farhud")

Bullshit. You have consistently posted bullshit the whole time you have been posting. Nothing you post is true. You are a propagandist, that's all. Watch it and weep.

Nah, I'll take what this Catholic website that quotes actual historians says about the "seeds of the conflict". How funny the douchebag that made this worthless film totally omitted a central figure, the Nazi Mufti of Palestine. Read it and weep:

Al-Husseini took the chance given to him by the appeasement-minded British to call for the deaths of Jews and set out on a campaign of terror against the Jews in Palestine. In subsequent years, al-Husseini was involved in plots to massacre Jews, among them 60 Jewish immigrants in Hebron and 45 more in Safad in 1929. In 1936, he helped lead a rebellion in Palestine against the British. The following year the British condemned al-Husseini (though permitting him to retain the title of Grand Mufti), and he fled to Syria once more. From there he continued to plot against the British control over Palestine.

Catholic Answers, really . Hey the British were pals with the Ottomans as well, and so what the British used Muslims and Jews in their armies, and Hitler even had Jews in his.

The British defeated the Ottomans who sided with the Germans, DUFUS.

The film has historical holes bigger than the crators on the moon. Ha ha ha.

The British defeated the Ottomans who sided with the Germans, DUFUS.

The film has historical holes bigger than the crators on the moon. Ha ha ha.

You haven't even watched it. And it has no holes at all. You have lost Ruddy. You have been posting bullshit for too long. Now it is proven to be bullshit by someone other than me. By the way, here is how Jews describe the film. Note the words "rigorous research" when describing the film. Ready to explode?

Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

"Tapping an enlightening new vein of contemporary scholarship, 1913: SEEDS OF CONFLICT dissects the oft-overlooked but pivotal pre-WWI genesis of present-day Israeli-Palestinian turmoil.

The year 1913 is a moment of transformation in the Middle East. Ottoman rule in Palestine is strong but waning, and peaceful coexistence among familial and religious groups starts to fray. With Ottoman sovereignty threatened, and the nascent forces of Zionism and Arabism on the rise, the region struggles under the forces of change. Few could foresee the harbingers of a conflict that would dominate the next century. The film’s storytellers – a Jew, a Muslim, a European Zionist and a Christian – provide unique eyewitness accounts of corresponding events. Their narrative is supported by the rigorous new research of historians working in Ramallah, Tel Aviv and the United States, who are each investigating the period before the British conquest of Palestine in 1917."

1913 Seeds of Conflict Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

From the description of it, it seems this film has a lot to offer both sides of the conflict but folks are eager to jump up and claim either vindication or condemnation with nothing in between. This article offers a pretty good description of what the director intended, the discussion and debate that followed and varying points of view.

San Diego Audience Reacts To 1913 Seeds Of Conflict KPBS

PBS will air Tuesday night the documentary "1913: Seeds of Conflict." It explores the little-known history of Palestine during the latter part of the Ottoman Empire, a time of relative harmony between Arabs and Jews. The film screened earlier this month in San Diego at a Jewish temple.

The documentary "1913: Seeds of Conflict" uses archive footage, interviews, and re-enactments to educate viewers about Palestine before 1948. Director Ben Loeterman said he would not call his film "fair or balanced" because it’s not a survey over time but rather a glimpse of one small moment in history.

"The other thing I try to do is not tell an objective, omniscient kind of history. I want you to hear a cacophony and complexity of points of view, to have a little trouble following it maybe, which is OK with me because that’s how life is and that’s how history is," Loeterman added.

There was a cacophony and complexity of voices following a screening of the film at Temple Solel earlier this month. It was hosted by J Street, the self described political home for pro-Israeli, pro-peace Americans. The director and San Diego State University film scholar Lawrence Baron hosted a panel and fielded questions from the audience. The post film discussion was lively and divided, but civil.

Max Ashkenashi describes himself as an Italian-Israeli-American Jew. He felt the film offered a fresh perspective by focusing on 1913.

"It brought a part of history that we don’t get to see very often. So the fact that there is a movie and people get the opportunity to actually ponder and think about the origins, and ask questions and get opinions in a civil way here is good," Ashkenashi said.

Alyssa Goldstein Sepinwall, a history professor at California State University San Marcos, was more critical of the film. (Read her article.)

"As a historian, I would have liked to see a film that showed what the film did show, that there was harmony, but didn’t over-glorify it, and didn’t suggest that there was this perfect harmony until these insular Jews with their guards and their unwillingness to mix messed this harmony up," she said.

Sandra Silverstein is a member of The J Street organization.

"People in the general community seeing this who don’t have the deep knowledge of what happened are going to see this, and I don’t feel they are going to get as complete a picture as I would like them to get," Silverstein said.

But for Shamrit Braun Kamin, an Israeli visiting San Diego, she felt the film encouraged people to look beyond history.

"What I think as an Israeli that lived in Israel... is that this film should encourage us not to look at just history but look at what we are now, and how we act from... now on and for the future," Braun Kamin said. "I think that today we have the ability — there is a two-state solution and there is actually an agreement that has already been done between Israelis and Palestinians — and this conflict is possible to resolve and I really hope that for people who watch this film [they] will be encouraged to sit and talk, and be able to promote a solution, and to act toward this solution, and not suffer from another hundred years of conflict."

Rivka Milana grew up in San Diego and just graduated from George Washington University.

"I think we should really be trying to understand how to really fix this problem and conflict, and to end perpetuated violence. It is to really necessary to understand that both narratives have some truth," she said.

But that’s hard to maintain in a community that Professor Baron said is growing more polarized: "If anything it has gotten worse in the last four or five years. The sort of wooing of Jewish voters on the basis of Israel for the Republican party, which has become very obvious, and the sort of feeling of being under siege by those who were defending Israel, I think comes out in these kinds of discussion."

Goldstein Sepinwall acknowledged that for many in the audience the movie did open their eyes to a chapter in history with which they were unfamiliar.

"There were people who thought the movie as wonderful and I suspect that some of the people who saw it weren’t aware of the history at all," she said. "So it was new to them to find out that there was harmony, and I think when you don’t realize that, it must be wonderfully liberating to realize that peace is possible. I think ultimately that is the message of the film as it is of these French Jewish films that I have been working on... even if the current situation seems intractable... there’s the hope that one day there will be peace."

(remainder of article at link)

I watched the first 1/2 or so.. Made it perfectly clear there was no "government" of Palestine established in that era.
That law and rights and justice were whatever the Turks or later British decided it would be.. An area of autonomous city-states who served as appointees by the ruling party..

Had there BEEN a unified governed Palestine -- the outcome might have been different.. But it's not..

From the description of it, it seems this film has a lot to offer both sides of the conflict but folks are eager to jump up and claim either vindication or condemnation with nothing in between. This article offers a pretty good description of what the director intended, the discussion and debate that followed and varying points of view.

San Diego Audience Reacts To 1913 Seeds Of Conflict KPBS

PBS will air Tuesday night the documentary "1913: Seeds of Conflict." It explores the little-known history of Palestine during the latter part of the Ottoman Empire, a time of relative harmony between Arabs and Jews. The film screened earlier this month in San Diego at a Jewish temple.

The documentary "1913: Seeds of Conflict" uses archive footage, interviews, and re-enactments to educate viewers about Palestine before 1948. Director Ben Loeterman said he would not call his film "fair or balanced" because it’s not a survey over time but rather a glimpse of one small moment in history.

"The other thing I try to do is not tell an objective, omniscient kind of history. I want you to hear a cacophony and complexity of points of view, to have a little trouble following it maybe, which is OK with me because that’s how life is and that’s how history is," Loeterman added.

There was a cacophony and complexity of voices following a screening of the film at Temple Solel earlier this month. It was hosted by J Street, the self described political home for pro-Israeli, pro-peace Americans. The director and San Diego State University film scholar Lawrence Baron hosted a panel and fielded questions from the audience. The post film discussion was lively and divided, but civil.

Max Ashkenashi describes himself as an Italian-Israeli-American Jew. He felt the film offered a fresh perspective by focusing on 1913.

"It brought a part of history that we don’t get to see very often. So the fact that there is a movie and people get the opportunity to actually ponder and think about the origins, and ask questions and get opinions in a civil way here is good," Ashkenashi said.

Alyssa Goldstein Sepinwall, a history professor at California State University San Marcos, was more critical of the film. (Read her article.)

"As a historian, I would have liked to see a film that showed what the film did show, that there was harmony, but didn’t over-glorify it, and didn’t suggest that there was this perfect harmony until these insular Jews with their guards and their unwillingness to mix messed this harmony up," she said.

Sandra Silverstein is a member of The J Street organization.

"People in the general community seeing this who don’t have the deep knowledge of what happened are going to see this, and I don’t feel they are going to get as complete a picture as I would like them to get," Silverstein said.

But for Shamrit Braun Kamin, an Israeli visiting San Diego, she felt the film encouraged people to look beyond history.

"What I think as an Israeli that lived in Israel... is that this film should encourage us not to look at just history but look at what we are now, and how we act from... now on and for the future," Braun Kamin said. "I think that today we have the ability — there is a two-state solution and there is actually an agreement that has already been done between Israelis and Palestinians — and this conflict is possible to resolve and I really hope that for people who watch this film [they] will be encouraged to sit and talk, and be able to promote a solution, and to act toward this solution, and not suffer from another hundred years of conflict."

Rivka Milana grew up in San Diego and just graduated from George Washington University.

"I think we should really be trying to understand how to really fix this problem and conflict, and to end perpetuated violence. It is to really necessary to understand that both narratives have some truth," she said.

But that’s hard to maintain in a community that Professor Baron said is growing more polarized: "If anything it has gotten worse in the last four or five years. The sort of wooing of Jewish voters on the basis of Israel for the Republican party, which has become very obvious, and the sort of feeling of being under siege by those who were defending Israel, I think comes out in these kinds of discussion."

Goldstein Sepinwall acknowledged that for many in the audience the movie did open their eyes to a chapter in history with which they were unfamiliar.

"There were people who thought the movie as wonderful and I suspect that some of the people who saw it weren’t aware of the history at all," she said. "So it was new to them to find out that there was harmony, and I think when you don’t realize that, it must be wonderfully liberating to realize that peace is possible. I think ultimately that is the message of the film as it is of these French Jewish films that I have been working on... even if the current situation seems intractable... there’s the hope that one day there will be peace."

(remainder of article at link)

Gave you the token thanks above.. But TRUELY -- thanks for bringing hope and harmony into the picture...:iagree:

And still no word on the Homeless jewish illegal immigrants who took over Part of Palestine

I need to block out 2 hours of my time to watch it. Probably tonite. But my mom's family WERE homeless immigrants from war-torn Poland when they moved to the newly-created State of Israel.

Well, I watched it and 2 things stood out in the film:

1) In a letter from one Arab official to a Jewish official, the Arab wrote, "Who can deny that in terms of history, the land really belongs to the Jews?"

2) The Arabs were upset that the new Jewish immigrants wouldn't salute the Ottoman flag. So it seems that they thought of themselves as Turks, instead of as Palestinians. So why didn't they move to Turkey in that case?

Does any of that conflict with this brief history given several years before?

I watched the first 1/2 or so.. Made it perfectly clear there was no "government" of Palestine established in that era.
That law and rights and justice were whatever the Turks or later British decided it would be.. An area of autonomous city-states who served as appointees by the ruling party..

Had there BEEN a unified governed Palestine -- the outcome might have been different.. But it's not..
Indeed, the British were charged with developing an independent state but in reality they prevented that from happening.

And still no word on the Homeless jewish illegal immigrants who took over Part of Palestine

I need to block out 2 hours of my time to watch it. Probably tonite. But my mom's family WERE homeless immigrants from war-torn Poland when they moved to the newly-created State of Israel.

Well, I watched it and 2 things stood out in the film:

1) In a letter from one Arab official to a Jewish official, the Arab wrote, "Who can deny that in terms of history, the land really belongs to the Jews?"

2) The Arabs were upset that the new Jewish immigrants wouldn't salute the Ottoman flag. So it seems that they thought of themselves as Turks, instead of as Palestinians. So why didn't they move to Turkey in that case?

About the #2 -- Don't know about Palestinian allegiance to the Turks, but the footage showed early Jewish Settlers putting up gates with large Stars of David and flying the Turkish flag.. Or two or three..

Palestinians had no need to move to the Empire. The Empire came to them..

1913 Seeds of Conflict is a huge hit in the U.S.

Yeah, but it's still way behind DanceMoms and America's Funniest Videos.. It was ALMOST objective -- but failed to make a case for the existence of any organized Palestinian state or government.

The objective of the documentary was to set the facts straight regarding pre-Mandate Palestine. The case for an independent state for the inhabitants of Palestine was made by the Covenant of the League of Nations, which was written and signed years later. Through rigorous research, as most of the reviewers have written, the film makes clear quite a number of facts some of which include the following:

1. Before the Europeans arrived, Palestine was inhabited by a large majority of Christian and Muslim and a small number of recently arrived Sephardic Jew Arab. (Arab culture and spoke Arabic.). And, they got along just fine.

2. The first conflicts were instigated by the Europeans and the first verifiable killing was of a local by a European.

3. The Europeans mistreated the locals.

4. Zionist propaganda was rampant. Using this photo as an example.

Screen_Shot_2015-06-15_at_4.54.53_PM_t1200.jpg

"It all depends on where the photographer aims the camera, right?," she asks the audience in the film. "You have the famous image of shareholders for what would become Tel Aviv in 1905 standing among the sand dunes. Well, the photographer was positioned to their south photographing them to the north in which there were in fact sand dunes. Had he turned 180 degrees to photograph himself behind them they would have seen vast orchard groves of Christian and Muslim landowners."

5. Asserts that it was a Zionist self-described colonial project, using the term colony in the film for the Zionist end-product.

I have been posting these facts and others (providing links to the source documentation much of which is the same used in the film) since I joined this forum and have received abuse, have been derided, have been threatened physically (by one poster who continues to do so), have been called a liar, have been called a propagandist and have been called every name in the book for posting these facts. That's why I feel vindicated.

Does any of that conflict with this brief history given several years before?

Reality conflicts with the islamonazi propaganda every time, no matter how many cyber terrorists you can muster to alter the history there are always the UN archives that paint the truth

Indeed, the British were charged with developing an independent state but in reality they prevented that from happening.

PROOF as they eventually managed to develop Jordan, Iraq and Israel the only 3 states that where envisaged by the LoN in their covenant and mandates

Forum List

Back