17.6 million Americans gained health insurance through law

It was the largest tax increase on us by any President

but of course to a progressive/commie/fascist that is a raging success in their world
somebody is talking out their ass..

The Affordable Care Act is not "the largest tax increase in the history of the world," despite what you might have heard on The Rush Limbaugh Show. In fact, it's not even the largest tax increase in the history of The Rush Limbaugh Show. Two years after Rush's national syndication, President George H. W. Bush signed a slightly bigger tax increase in 1990. And Reagan's tax increase from 1982 was bigger than both of them.

The following graph of the biggest tax increases since 1950 is Kevin Drum's Treasury data graphed by Austin Frakt (via Ezra Klein):

If you're looking for something/anything superlative to say about the ACA, you could say it's the biggest tax increase of the entire millennium (!!!) or perhaps that it's the second-biggest tax increase signed by a Democrat since LBJ. As for the biggest tax acts in "history," health care reform barely cracks the top ten ... for the last 60 years.

2 of the Last 3 GOP Presidents Signed Larger Tax Increases Than Obamacare

Excuse me for thinking, but if the author figures the tax as a,percentage,of,GDP , than obamacare,is very much the largest tax in history. The next closest date is 1990. Imagine those rascally Atlantic writers twisting the info to,make,Obama look,good. Who'd da thunk?

Link please (on the Atlantic).

Stuffing your head back up your ass isn't a response.
But you did it anyway. How do you breathe in there?
You misspelled Airhead when you created your user name. You literally have nothing.

Thanks...just thanks.

I sprayed Sprite all over my computer.....again.

Just got it cleaned up from the last time.

Got to learn to not drink soda and post.

If someone were looking to be persuaded that the PPACA was a failure, one look at "convincing arguments" of this nature would send them in the opposite direction.

Keep up the good work!

Your very use of the term "healthcare" rather than health insurance indicates you're one of those ignorami who believes that "Obamacare" is an insurance company. Can you at least inform yourself on that issue?
No, it just dictates what insurance provides. Sort of like any fascist system. Can you provide any evidence that there's a liberal anywhere on Earth that doesn't LOVE fascism?

Liberals don't love fascism. Leftists do.

Big difference.

Your very use of the term "healthcare" rather than health insurance indicates you're one of those ignorami who believes that "Obamacare" is an insurance company. Can you at least inform yourself on that issue?
No, it just dictates what insurance provides. Sort of like any fascist system. Can you provide any evidence that there's a liberal anywhere on Earth that doesn't LOVE fascism?

Big difference.
I use the term the way they do. Liberals are leftists.

Big difference.
And that's certainly pertinent to the topic.

Big difference.
And that's certainly pertinent to the topic.
It's pertinent to the conversation, Airhead.

It's pertinent to the conversation.

It's certainly indicative of the fact that, as usual, all your side has is childish name-calling. Do continue.
You didn't follow the conversation.

The name-calling is of no interest to me. Now, if you can refute the premise in the OP, please do so. Otherwise, just continue to show that you're nothing but a flamer. It's actually mildly amusing. And anyone who's not sure what to think about the PPACA will certainly be convinced that your side has nothing else. You're inadvertently one of the best supporters of the PPACA in this forum.

Flame on. But be careful. Your ice is melting.

It's certainly indicative of the fact that, as usual, all your side has is childish name-calling. Do continue.
He has to say something and leave no doubt he's an asshole, instead of saying nothing and leaving open the possibility that he's not.
Why don't you stick your head up his ass and give him a break?
Just like I said.

The name-calling is of no interest to me. Now, if you can refute the premise in the OP, please do so. Otherwise, just continue to show that you're nothing but a flamer. It's actually mildly amusing. And anyone who's not sure what to think about the PPACA will certainly be convinced that your side has nothing else. You're inadvertently one of the best supporters of the PPACA in this forum.

You've had you head up your ass from the beginning and threw nothing but juvenile insults out, refused to follow the conversation, couldn't understand why I corrected the term liberal and acted like you somehow had the upper hand. You just another stupid low life liberal with no character and not worth talking to, as others have noticed.

He has to say something and leave no doubt he's an asshole, instead of saying nothing and leaving open the possibility that he's not.
Just like I said.
Correction, just like you are. Pop your head out of your ass and give junior a break and stuff it up his.

You've had you head up your ass from the beginning and threw nothing but juvenile insults out, refused to follow the conversation, couldn't understand why I corrected the term liberal and acted like you somehow had the upper hand. You just another stupid low life liberal with no character and not worth talking to, as others have noticed.

You're obviously in the wrong thread. Flame on, bro. You're so cute when you're angry.

You're obviously in the wrong thread. Flame on, bro. You're so cute when you're angry.
Your thread is a failure, you couldn't back it up and are stupid to ever think it was true.

Your thread is a failure, you couldn't back it up and are stupid to ever think it was true.

The way it works is this: The OP presents data, those who disagree present contradictory data. None of you have been able to do so. The failure is not mine. You, in particular, are contributing nothing except an indication that you are obsessed with inserting things into anal cavities. Why is that?

Just like I said.
Correction, just like you are. Pop your head out of your ass and give junior a break and stuff it up his.
repeating stupidity ?

Forum List

Back