1100 pound feral hog shot in Fayetville Georgia.

Feral hogs are over populating and destroying the ecosystems where they live. Not to mention the damage done to crops. That big beast in the OP would eat a LOT of soybeans or corn.

Plus they destroy the habitat. Areas where they live are almost devoid of ground nesting birds and the deer populations ware dropping because they will find and eat fawns. More people need to be hunting them to keep the population in check.

Well that's one way to look at it. Who will keep hominids in check?

People have guaranteed freedoms. Hogs have pork chops, pork belly and pork tenderloin.

Feral hogs are over populating and destroying the ecosystems where they live. Not to mention the damage done to crops. That big beast in the OP would eat a LOT of soybeans or corn.

Plus they destroy the habitat. Areas where they live are almost devoid of ground nesting birds and the deer populations ware dropping because they will find and eat fawns. More people need to be hunting them to keep the population in check.

People have guaranteed freedoms. Hogs have pork chops, pork belly and pork tenderloin.
We have the guaranteed freedom to destroy the ecosystem in search of linear profit margin growth to infinity. Guaranteed freedoms are fiction, a cabal of concentrated wealth barons decide what "freedoms" are through a corrupt legal, political and economic system of control.

Yes, according to this article Texas is starting to process the feral hogs for meat.
Market opens for feral hog meat

The reason most processors dont want to do it is cross contamination. It would require a dedicated hog processing center. I know I wouldnt want my deer ran through the same equipment as a wild hog.
Well we can't expect meat processors to have to invest like that.

Yes, according to this article Texas is starting to process the feral hogs for meat.

The reason most processors dont want to do it is cross contamination. It would require a dedicated hog processing center. I know I wouldnt want my deer ran through the same equipment as a wild hog.

I found one just south of Macon that has separate facilities for hogs. They are doing a booming business.

I found one just south of Macon that has separate facilities for hogs. They are doing a booming business.
Good, then the others can stop whining and invest.

Hominids...

Back in the day there wasnt a demand for it and if you wanted wild hog meat you had to process it yourself.
I processed one....After rolling it around in a large fire to get rid of all the parasites and experiencing the smell I wont do it again.

Hominids...
No, not really. Private capital does.

Back in the day there wasnt a demand for it and if you wanted wild hog meat you had to process it yourself.
I processed one....After rolling it around in a large fire to get rid of all the parasites and experiencing the smell I wont do it again.
How is that different than processing a hog you raised?

If you have to ask you're a dumbass.

If you have to ask you're a dumbass.

So there's no smell or parasites on/in raised pork?

Forum List

Back