1100 pound feral hog shot in Fayetville Georgia.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This is getting ridiculous. These animals are spreading and getting bigger every year. Look at the size of this thing it looks like something you'd see on the African plains!
HOG.jpg

This is getting ridiculous. These animals are spreading and getting bigger every year. Look at the size of this thing it looks like something you'd see on the African plains!
View attachment 296312

It's not really the american dream until we've paved over everything. God woulda done it that way, but he ran out of donor class money.

How the hell are we going to transport those big hogs, unless we pave everything? Tractors are expensive to repair and roads are easier on the tires.

I hunt hogs a few times a year. I haven't seen anything that big, but I have seen some that probably run 400 to 500 lbs.

Anything over 200 lbs tastes rank.

Feral hogs are over populating and destroying the ecosystems where they live. Not to mention the damage done to crops. That big beast in the OP would eat a LOT of soybeans or corn.

Plus they destroy the habitat. Areas where they live are almost devoid of ground nesting birds and the deer populations ware dropping because they will find and eat fawns. More people need to be hunting them to keep the population in check.

Feral hogs are over populating and destroying the ecosystems where they live. Not to mention the damage done to crops. That big beast in the OP would eat a LOT of soybeans or corn.

Plus they destroy the habitat. Areas where they live are almost devoid of ground nesting birds and the deer populations ware dropping because they will find and eat fawns. More people need to be hunting them to keep the population in check.

Well that's one way to look at it. Who will keep hominids in check?

Forum List

Back